News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,686 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #825 on: December 18, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »
Is there any chance this isn't official yet? Maybe it's not hai.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: December 18, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 18, 2009, 12:04:55 PM
Quote from: BH on December 18, 2009, 11:57:02 AM
I'd rather watch Silva pitch than spend this season talking about Milton Bradley again.

Well, sure, if you don't care about whether the Cubs win games, then this trade is fine.

So in your opinion, how many wins did this trade cost us next year? 2-3?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: December 18, 2009, 12:08:02 PM »
I'd rather watch Silva pitch than spend this season talking about Milton Bradley again.

Well, sure, if you don't care about whether the Cubs win games, then this trade is fine.

Quote from: Fork on December 18, 2009, 11:58:03 AM
There's always a chance a shitty pitcher can get hot.

A shitty pitcher, yes.  Carlos Silva, no.  He's beyond shitty.  He's not even a major league player at this point.

Can the team cut Silva, or are there 24 million reasons why they can't?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #828 on: December 18, 2009, 12:08:31 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 18, 2009, 12:07:42 PM

Only is Silva never pitches an inning.

motown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #829 on: December 18, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 18, 2009, 11:53:52 AM
He could have just kept him.

I'm betting Lou and the clubhouse would as well.

This is a really tough question. I can't decide myself whether Bradley's insanity or Silva's pitching would better suck the life out of enjoying the 2010 (and 2011... ugh) Cubs.

Debate gets settled next summer, kids, should be fun!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #830 on: December 18, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
Way to go, racists.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: December 18, 2009, 12:09:59 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 18, 2009, 12:07:42 PM

Phildo would say this is a wash.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #832 on: December 18, 2009, 12:12:13 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 18, 2009, 12:07:18 PM
Is there any chance this isn't official yet? Maybe it's not hai.

This is the best post of the last half hour. Keep hope alive!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: December 18, 2009, 12:22:15 PM »
So we're not going to see the following:

@BaseballStone: Bradley is up tp .338 after 4-5 incl. 2 2B & HR at LAA. Cubs gave up on him too soon.

@BaseballStone: Silva fails to get out of 2nd at PNC while Bradley's 20-game hit streak leads SEA into 1st. Nice choice, Jim.

Quote from: Phil Rogers
While the Cubs bullpen is feeling the strain of having to work extra whenever Carlos Silva starts, and while the Cubs struggle to find a solution in the outfield, Milton Bradley is doing it all for the Mariners. Bradley, who began working with a psychologist in October last year, has become a joy in the Mariners' locker room.

"He's a guy Ichiro and I look to for support," icon Ken Griffey Jr. said. "He's really brought this club together."

And Bradley can flat-out hit. His hitting streak extended to 29 games after this week's series in Texas. Bradley leads the American League in hitting, OBA and OPS, and his 24 home runs have given Seattle a little added pop.

All of this is a nightmare to the Cubs, who have to wonder if they were the problem, as Bradley recently won a local contest as the most likable celebrity in the Pacific Northwest, and was recognized by the Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation as the most philanthropic figure in Seattle.

Bradley hasn't missed a game all year, and recently agreed to restructure his contract with the Mariners so he can remain in Seattle for the rest of his career.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: December 18, 2009, 12:22:24 PM »

A shitty pitcher, yes.  Carlos Silva, no.  He's beyond shitty.  He's not even a major league player at this point.

To defend this trade exposes a lack of a functioning brain. We're talking creationist level stupidity here.

Look at his fucking stats.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #835 on: December 18, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »
<----Literally angry with rage.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: December 18, 2009, 12:23:36 PM »
I was really hoping for a Karros/Grudz for Hundley trade. We got exactly that, but Bradley is Karros and Grudzielanek.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #837 on: December 18, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 18, 2009, 12:22:24 PM

To defend this trade exposes a lack of a functioning brain. We're talking creationist level stupidity here.

Look at his fucking stats.

And every time Carlos shits the tub, guess who we'll be talking about again?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #838 on: December 18, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
Up until now I was jaded and didn't care about the offseason. Well, I've gone from indifferent to furious in a matter of moments.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #839 on: December 18, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 18, 2009, 12:22:15 PM
So we're not going to see the following:

@BaseballStone: Bradley is up tp .338 after 4-5 incl. 2 2B & HR at LAA. Cubs gave up on him too soon.

@BaseballStone: Silva fails to get out of 2nd at PNC while Bradley's 20-game hit streak leads SEA into 1st. Nice choice, Jim.

Quote from: Phil Rogers
While the Cubs bullpen is feeling the strain of having to work extra whenever Carlos Silva starts, and while the Cubs struggle to find a solution in the outfield, Milton Bradley is doing it all for the Mariners. Bradley, who began working with a psychologist in October last year, has become a joy in the Mariners' locker room.

"He's a guy Ichiro and I look to for support," icon Ken Griffey Jr. said. "He's really brought this club together."

And Bradley can flat-out hit. His hitting streak extended to 29 games after this week's series in Texas. Bradley leads the American League in hitting, OBA and OPS, and his 24 home runs have given Seattle a little added pop.

All of this is a nightmare to the Cubs, who have to wonder if they were the problem, as Bradley recently won a local contest as the most likable celebrity in the Pacific Northwest, and was recognized by the Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation as the most philanthropic figure in Seattle.

Bradley hasn't missed a game all year, and recently agreed to restructure his contract with the Mariners so he can remain in Seattle for the rest of his career.

You're about to get very rich on royalties.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?