News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,662 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #885 on: December 18, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »
If the Cubs saved $5-6 million and essentially DFA Silva (long relief or actually DFAd) they I'm still
crazy depressed about how they handled last year, but $5 million is better than just DFAing
Bradley if they had their hearts so set on him being gone.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #886 on: December 18, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
Quote from: Tony on December 18, 2009, 01:57:19 PM
I don't understand all the anger today. Yeah this is a horrible trade, but did anybody really expect anything better? They weren't going to keep Bradley under any circumstances. The anger should have came when they destroyed any value he had. A trade this shitty has been inevitable for weeks.

You better watch out with talk like that.  The long knives are out today.  Que BK.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #887 on: December 18, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »
I don't understand all the anger today.

You new here?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #888 on: December 18, 2009, 01:59:33 PM »
Quote from: Pre on December 18, 2009, 01:57:49 PM
If the Cubs saved $5-6 million and essentially DFA Silva (long relief or actually DFAd) they I'm still
crazy depressed about how they handled last year, but $5 million is better than just DFAing

I agree. They weren't going to get anything of any value for him. 5 million is better than nothing.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #889 on: December 18, 2009, 02:00:59 PM »
Quote from: Tony on December 18, 2009, 01:59:33 PM

I agree. They weren't going to get anything of any value for him. 5 million is better than nothing.

That's a hell of a positive spin.  Anger subsiding.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #890 on: December 18, 2009, 02:02:18 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 18, 2009, 01:59:15 PM
I don't understand all the anger today.

You new here?

No. I'm just not angry anymore. I've moved on to depressed.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #891 on: December 18, 2009, 02:04:21 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 18, 2009, 02:00:59 PM

That's a hell of a positive spin.  Anger subsiding.

But that have to actually DFA him. You might want to save some anger for when he actually pitches, if he does.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #892 on: December 18, 2009, 02:04:34 PM »

For me it's been a slow build. I've tried ignoring the great sinkhole that has been the Cubs since Milton and Jim hugged it out at the podium last November. Since then everything he's done has been atrocious and that single move seemingly has culminated with the worst trade that I can remember seeing in my entire life. I mean, yeah we all knew it was going to be a bad trade. But Pat Burrell bad would have been 1,000 times preferable to this.

Jim Hendry did all of this. He is absolutely responsible. And now they can't fire him until at least next year and that's assuming the Cubs have a poor season again. To fire him after making this trade would be completely pointless. That's like taking the gun away from someone after they shot up a school.

This offseason just sucks the entire bag of dicks. Individually.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #893 on: December 18, 2009, 02:13:16 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 18, 2009, 02:04:34 PM

For me it's been a slow build. I've tried ignoring the great sinkhole that has been the Cubs since Milton and Jim hugged it out at the podium last November. Since then everything he's done has been atrocious and that single move seemingly has culminated with the worst trade that I can remember seeing in my entire life. I mean, yeah we all knew it was going to be a bad trade. But Pat Burrell bad would have been 1,000 times preferable to this.

Jim Hendry did all of this. He is absolutely responsible. And now they can't fire him until at least next year and that's assuming the Cubs have a poor season again. To fire him after making this trade would be completely pointless. That's like taking the gun away from someone after they shot up a school.

But at least that would mean they couldn't shoot up the school up the street next.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #894 on: December 18, 2009, 02:16:15 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 18, 2009, 02:13:16 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 18, 2009, 02:04:34 PM

But at least that would mean they couldn't shoot up the school up the street next.

Leave Yeti's homeschool out of this.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #895 on: December 18, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »
To the "this is better than DFA" crowd:

Consider this, had the Cubs traded Bradley for a bucket of feces...and had to eat $16M of his remaining $22M as a condition, you are in the exact same place assuming (as you should) that Silva's worthless on the field.  

To me, December 18th is a bit too early in the game to have to come to this conclusion.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #896 on: December 18, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on December 18, 2009, 02:52:26 PM
To the "this is better than DFA" crowd:

Consider this, had the Cubs traded Bradley for a bucket of feces...and had to eat $16M of his remaining $22M as a condition, you are in the exact same place assuming (as you should) that Silva's worthless on the field.  

To me, December 18th is a bit too early in the game to have to come to this conclusion.

A lot of us are in the "Keep Milton" crowd. Since that's not going to happen, the next best thing would be to fire Jim Hendry out of a Jumbo Sized Cannon.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #897 on: December 18, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »

The problem is now they have to use the $6M to find an outfielder who is as good as Milton Bradley, and that's not going to happen.  So, the $6M is all but spent, they're going to have a worse RF or CF than they did last year, and now Carlos Silva is on the team.

Fuck this franchise.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #898 on: December 18, 2009, 03:04:21 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 18, 2009, 02:58:56 PM

The problem is now they have to use the $6M to find an outfielder who is as good as Milton Bradley, and that's not going to happen.  So, the $6M is all but spent, they're going to have a worse RF or CF than they did last year, and now Carlos Silva is on the team.

Fuck this franchise.

Milton was a jerk, see? And the rest of the team would rather have a buddy they can high five with and whip towels at after games than have actual talent and win actual games.

I hope they have a super happy clubhouse and lose 100 games.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #899 on: December 18, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
So you guys all thought there was a chance they'd end up keeping Milton? Really?