News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,688 )

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #915 on: December 18, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »
The Cubs weren't keeping Bradley and they weren't going to pay all of Bradley's salary as part of a trade for perhaps Burrell. So the best we can expect in this scenario, where a desperate Hendry needs to unload Milty and not pay most of his salary, is to get a piece of crap player like Silva. I'm not angry about this because you could see this coming from a mile away. The whole Bradley experience with the Cubs has sucked ass and it's only fitting that it ends like this.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #916 on: December 18, 2009, 04:17:14 PM »
The worst part of this whole trade is that Kaplan's emphatic assertion that "Milton will NOT be back" was CORRECT.

Nah, the worst part is Carlos Silva.  But mine's probably number two.
Hire Jim Essian!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #917 on: December 18, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 18, 2009, 04:17:14 PM
The worst part of this whole trade is that Kaplan's emphatic assertion that "Milton will NOT be back" was CORRECT.

Nah, the worst part is Carlos Silva.  But mine's probably number two.

Silva is definitely number two.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #918 on: December 18, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »
Quote from: Al Yellon
This is a fan-friendly move. The Cubs can now slide Sam Fuld into center, a rejuvenated Alfonso Soriano in left and Kosuke Fukudome (who has charmed us all and inspired those Japanese headbands and "Horry Cow" shirts) in right. The bleacherites will love it. As a guy who spent a fair amount of time in right field, eating bologna sandwiches, dropping tomatoes on my scorecards and wearing a "lucky" hat, having Fukudome and not Bradley in right brings a smile to my face. In left, maybe Alfonso Soriano will remind us of Andre Dawson (who actually played right, for those of you reading that are too young or too stupid to remember), coming back from sore knees in 1986 to have an MVP 1987. (Who cares if the Cubs finished last that year. Not even Ernie Banks could win an MVP for a last-place team. We saw HISTORY!) I do hope Soriano avoids Eric Show. But I digress....

We got rid of Milton Bradley, a mean man who caused the Cubs to lose a lot of games. He wasn't a chemistry guy, that's for sure. That's important. Tom Ricketts and Jim Hendry get it.

But even more than this, Hendry understands almost as well as Crane Kenney the total Wrigley experience. I think the Ricketts family understands it too. There's nothing better than watching batting practice, and I understand that the Cubs have extended the visitng teams' batting practice by 90 minutes every fifth day. Life is good to be a Cubs fan, just as it always has been.

I'd rather watch these 2010 Cubs (Carlos Silva, ace, after they deal that nasty Carlos Zambrano for another player) than watch a World Series champion.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #919 on: December 18, 2009, 04:32:34 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 18, 2009, 04:28:12 PM
This is a fan-friendly move. The Cubs can now slide Sam Fuld into center, a rejuvenated Alfonso Soriano in left and Kosuke Fukudome (who has charmed us all and inspired those Japanese headbands and "Horry Cow" shirts) in right. The bleacherites will love it. As a guy who spent a fair amount of time in right field, eating bologna sandwiches, dropping tomatoes on my scorecards and wearing a "lucky" hat, having Fukudome and not Bradley in right brings a smile to my face. In left, maybe Alfonso Soriano will remind us of Andre Dawson (who actually played right, for those of you reading that are too young or too stupid to remember), coming back from sore knees in 1986 to have an MVP 1987. (Who cares if the Cubs finished last that year. Not even Ernie Banks could win an MVP for a last-place team. We saw HISTORY!) I do hope Soriano avoids Eric Show. But I digress....

We got rid of Milton Bradley, a mean man who caused the Cubs to lose a lot of games. He wasn't a chemistry guy, that's for sure. That's important. Tom Ricketts and Jim Hendry get it.

But even more than this, Hendry understands almost as well as Crane Kenney the total Wrigley experience. I think the Ricketts family understands it too. There's nothing better than watching batting practice, and I understand that the Cubs have extended the visitng teams' batting practice by 90 minutes every fifth day. Life is good to be a Cubs fan, just as it always has been.

I'd rather watch these 2010 Cubs (Carlos Silva, ace, after they deal that nasty Carlos Zambrano for another player) than watch a World Series champion.

I have no doubt that's an accurate paraphrase.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #920 on: December 18, 2009, 04:34:35 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 18, 2009, 04:28:12 PM

Out.fucking.standing. I salute you, TJ Brown!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #921 on: December 18, 2009, 05:07:02 PM »
I'm not sure if I want to become a Mariners fan, or hope Milton turns a very good team into complete shit before August.  Either way, we're stuck with the fattest Carlos.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #922 on: December 18, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
My RAGE has subsided into a dull ache.

Man, fuck this team.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #923 on: December 18, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
This is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae that the last two years have been.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #924 on: December 31, 2009, 02:17:46 PM »
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/byrd-winds-up-a-cub-just-as-he-wanted-all-along.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

QuoteByrd was friends with Bradley in Texas, but Bradley's experience in Chicago did not dissuade him from signing. The two share the same agent, Seth Levinson.

"The big thing about me and Milton is we had a relationship off the field," he said. "I love Milton Bradley, so I'm a little biased when it comes to him. I think he's a great guy, and I'm sure I'll talk to him today about me coming here. But I'm sure he's happy to start in another place and get a fresh start and try to put that in the past."

I love that Sullivan, who pathologically hated Bradley for not looking like a troll, wrote that.

/insufferable douche

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #925 on: March 01, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
Clear skies cover Seattle.

All we need is love. Love is all we need.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #926 on: March 01, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
I so very much hate this thread.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #927 on: March 01, 2010, 03:51:42 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 01, 2010, 03:38:12 PM

This thread hates you

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #928 on: March 01, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 01, 2010, 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 01, 2010, 03:38:12 PM

This thread hates you

In Soviet Russia?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #929 on: March 01, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 31, 2009, 02:17:46 PM

I love that Sullivan, who pathologically hated Bradley for not looking like a troll, wrote that.

/insufferable douche

Was this what drove you into ACB's arms?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche