News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,265 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #1230 on: February 04, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 04, 2009, 12:07:54 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 03, 2009, 11:43:04 AM
Quote from: 5laky on February 03, 2009, 10:08:33 AM
What I love about Michael is how he's a total moron and yet somehow he's the best branch manager in the company and they have to kiss his ass. The economy sucks (not sure if you've been hearing about that. you been hearin about that?) and he's the only one making money for Dunder-Mifflin. He seems to always close his business deals.

I love this show.

That's my favorite part of the show.  Why doesn't Dunder-Mifflin just fire his ridiculous ass?  Because he makes money.  In both the Applebee's episode with Tim Meadows, and the paper convention episode, he closed huge deals despite playing the fool the entire time.  They're clearly trying to cater to Weebs by making it BELIEVABLE that he would keep his job.

Time to get real. How likely is it that a guy who's completely socially inept at all facets of his life be so smooth when it comes to selling paper products? Riddle me that.

Who exactly buys paper products for your company?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1231 on: February 04, 2009, 12:21:32 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 04, 2009, 12:19:20 PM
Quote from: BH on February 04, 2009, 12:07:54 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 03, 2009, 11:43:04 AM
Quote from: 5laky on February 03, 2009, 10:08:33 AM
What I love about Michael is how he's a total moron and yet somehow he's the best branch manager in the company and they have to kiss his ass. The economy sucks (not sure if you've been hearing about that. you been hearin about that?) and he's the only one making money for Dunder-Mifflin. He seems to always close his business deals.

I love this show.

That's my favorite part of the show.  Why doesn't Dunder-Mifflin just fire his ridiculous ass?  Because he makes money.  In both the Applebee's episode with Tim Meadows, and the paper convention episode, he closed huge deals despite playing the fool the entire time.  They're clearly trying to cater to Weebs by making it BELIEVABLE that he would keep his job.

Time to get real. How likely is it that a guy who's completely socially inept at all facets of his life be so smooth when it comes to selling paper products? Riddle me that.

Who exactly buys paper products for your company?

Your mom.

BOOM! You're ROASTED!

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1232 on: February 05, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 03, 2009, 06:17:58 PM
Quote from: Oleg on February 03, 2009, 09:45:02 AM
Quote from: Mike Douche on February 02, 2009, 11:51:43 PM
Also, how awesome is it that Michael thinks You Tube is a production company?

"We'll get You Tube to come and film it."

I really think this is the genius of the show.  It's these, seemingly, throwaway lines that are hilarious.  It takes a second to register what you just hear, and then you can't stop laughing.

I know I've talked about it before, but to me there's one glaring difference between the American version and the Brit version.  In the Brit version, David never sees the folly of his ways.  He's awkward, and continues to be so even after light is shed on what he has caused.  Michael, on the other hand, always seems to resolve whatever problem he has caused.  And, if the problem is not resolved, at least Michael seems to try to smooth it over.  David never "gets it".

There's something tragic about Michael.  There's something sinister about David.

Just a thought.

When Dwight is called to Corporate because of his safety excesses, Michael sits next to him at the table.  Then he gets up and wanders to the window and says that what Dwight did is no big deal.  He is corrected by one of the corporate suits who says that it is a big deal, whereupon Michael sits down on management's side of the table and starts working on Dwight from that side.  Nasty.

I didn't even notice that.  Awesome.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1233 on: February 05, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »
I know it's been mentioned before, but Michael's YouTube comment about them "coming down to shoot" had me rolling around on the floor.  So.  Awesome.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1234 on: February 05, 2009, 03:13:51 PM »
Hey, did you hear that the Reds have signed Daryle Ward and Jacque Jones to minor league deals, with invitations to Spring Training?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1235 on: February 05, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 05, 2009, 03:13:51 PM
Hey, did you hear that the Reds have signed Daryle Ward and Jacque Jones to minor league deals, with invitations to Spring Training?

Yes.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1236 on: February 05, 2009, 04:11:17 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on February 05, 2009, 03:38:05 PM

Yes.

Really?  Where?  I've looked all over Desipio and can't find any reference to it anywhere.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1237 on: February 05, 2009, 05:08:55 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 05, 2009, 04:11:17 PM
Quote from: TDubbs on February 05, 2009, 03:38:05 PM

Yes.

Really?  Where?  I've looked all over Desipio and can't find any reference to it anywhere.

I'm not sure it's been mentioned at Desipio

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1238 on: February 06, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »
If we find next week that Holly is pregnant, that will really suck.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1239 on: February 06, 2009, 10:51:52 AM »
It's your birthday.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1240 on: February 06, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
"When have I ever steered you wrong, Jim".

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1241 on: February 09, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »
"Mose doesn't know how to use a phone"
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1242 on: February 12, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »
I thought the Jim and Dwight stuff was pretty good.

"Are you trying to hurt my feelings?  Because if you are, then you are succeeding.  Luckily, I heal twice as fast as a normal man."

"Did you finish collecting the money, yet?"
"I'm working on it."
"How much have you gotten?"
"6 dollars."
"That's how much WE put in!"
"I said I was working on it."
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1243 on: February 12, 2009, 09:34:11 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 12, 2009, 08:17:53 PM
I thought the Jim and Dwight stuff was pretty good.

"Are you trying to hurt my feelings?  Because if you are, then you are succeeding.  Luckily, I heal twice as fast as a normal man."

"Did you finish collecting the money, yet?"
"I'm working on it."
"How much have you gotten?"
"6 dollars."
"That's how much WE put in!"
"I said I was working on it."

You're on the island too?

"Bonnie Hunt is on"
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1244 on: February 12, 2009, 10:21:01 PM »
They've had a pretty good run of episodes lately, but tonight's kind of stunk.  The less Pam, the better.