News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 373,290 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #285 on: June 24, 2008, 10:22:53 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on June 24, 2008, 09:53:39 AM

HIS SEAT in the bleachers, which will be within heckling pissing distance of our rooftop.

TDubbs'd.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: June 24, 2008, 10:30:19 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 24, 2008, 10:16:41 AM
Apparently his baloneyfests are getting rowdy, so today he reposted the "rules" for everyone to see:

QuoteWhen posting at this blog, please follow this one simple rule: Before hitting "post" to post your remarks, ask yourself: "Would I be embarrassed to say this in front of strangers who were physically present in the room with me and could respond to my face?" If the answer is "yes," then don't post. BCB encourages and welcomes all opinions, no matter how strong; however, personal attacks, vulgarity, and other uncivilized forms of expression are not welcome. Thanks.

As a guy who got banned for making fun of those pictures of each home game  he posts, which I believe I said looked like they were "taken from the moon", I don't think this part is correct, "BCB encourages and welcomes all opinions,"

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/6/23/557331/ryan-theriot-poll

Quote from: santoswoodenlegsPlease do not post any comments about Ryan Theriot in this FanPost. This FanPost exists only as a place to conduct a poll about Ryan Theriot.

For better or for worse...Lou is using him as our everyday SS.  You may use any and all "statistics" you can find to form you opinion of Ryan Theriot.  You may also ignore any and all "statictics" you want in order to form your opinion of Ryan Theriot.  The poll is only your opinion of Ryan Theriot as a baseball player.  Offense and defense are the two sides of the coin you should use in judging him.

Again, please refrain from posting comments. We have had enough discussion about the pros and cons of Ryan Theriot as a hitter and defender to last until MDBNIU admits he may have made a mistake about Kerry Wood as a closer.

Quote from: THEE AL YELLONHere's a real good way of preventing comments.

I'm closing them.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: June 24, 2008, 10:34:06 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on June 24, 2008, 10:30:19 AM
Apparently his baloneyfests are getting rowdy, so today he reposted the "rules" for everyone to see:

QuoteWhen posting at this blog, please follow this one simple rule: Before hitting "post" to post your remarks, ask yourself: "Would I be embarrassed to say this in front of strangers who were physically present in the room with me and could respond to my face?" If the answer is "yes," then don't post. BCB encourages and welcomes all opinions, no matter how strong; however, personal attacks, vulgarity, and other uncivilized forms of expression are not welcome. Thanks.

As a guy who got banned for making fun of those pictures of each home game  he posts, which I believe I said looked like they were "taken from the moon", I don't think this part is correct, "BCB encourages and welcomes all opinions,"

Quote from: santoswoodenlegsPlease do not post any comments about Ryan Theriot in this FanPost. This FanPost exists only as a place to conduct a poll about Ryan Theriot.

For better or for worse...Lou is using him as our everyday SS.  You may use any and all "statistics" you can find to form you opinion of Ryan Theriot.  You may also ignore any and all "statictics" you want in order to form your opinion of Ryan Theriot.  The poll is only your opinion of Ryan Theriot as a baseball player.  Offense and defense are the two sides of the coin you should use in judging him.

Again, please refrain from posting comments. We have had enough discussion about the pros and cons of Ryan Theriot as a hitter and defender to last until MDBNIU admits he may have made a mistake about Kerry Wood as a closer.

I'm closing them.

Why is statistics in quotes?  How do you use a coin to judge someone?  The poll is an opinion about a player but you can't actually express an opinion?  Why am I trying to find rational explanations for anything on that site?

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 24, 2008, 10:34:06 AM
Quote from: Thrillho on June 24, 2008, 10:30:19 AM

I'm closing them.

Why is statistics in quotes?  How do you use a coin to judge someone?  The poll is an opinion about a player but you can't actually express an opinion?  Why am I trying to find rational explanations for anything on that site?

Because he wanted to differentiate them from the "statictics" he mentions later.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2008, 01:29:25 PM »
Quote.. personal photography attacks, vulgarity, and other uncivilized forms of expression are not welcome. Thanks.

You missed the fine print'd
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

Thrillho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: August 08, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
What transpired In response to a post about the anniversary of 8/8/88...

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/8/8/589430/twenty-years-ago-tonight

QuoteIt was stupid then...

And stupid now that it took so long to get lights. All this anniversary does is remind me what crusty old fossils the team is.

Bleep tradition. I've had 100 years of tradition.

Pluto will always be a planet to me!

by DaBard on Aug 8, 2008 6:28 AM CDT reply 0 recs

And then...

QuoteThis comment was uncalled for.

What is the purpose of posting nasty remarks? I'm getting sick of you.

"That's my opinion and if you don't like it, well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx

by Al on Aug 8, 2008 7:13 AM CDT to parent up reply 0 recs

Some might call this an overreaction.

Al's lickspittle minions, though...

QuoteHeck Al

I'm surprised it took this long

If the world didn't suck we would all fall off.

by carolinacub on Aug 8, 2008 7:46 AM CDT to parent up reply 0 recs

QuoteOnly now Al?

Took ya a bit on this one.

Kwa...Ki...Sur...Pee...Nee...Ku?

by Kinky Reggae on Aug 8, 2008 8:44 AM CDT to parent up reply 0 recs

QuoteYeah, I know.

I try to give people a lot of rope. He's just about at the end of it.

"That's my opinion and if you don't like it, well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx

by Al on Aug 8, 2008 8:47 AM CDT to parent up reply 0 recs

Rope!

A lot of it!!

How magnanimous of AL YELLON!!!

Which brings us around to...

QuoteThe thing about rope is...

that if you give someone enough of it, then they might end up tying you up with it. At least, that's what my dad used to tell my brother and me back in the day. Don't let this guy take down your site with his negativity and naysaying. Tradition is what makes the Cubbies the best franchise in sports history. It's why people follow them for their whole life. It's what we all bond over. Saying that we should just forget about all that or throw it out with the bathwater makes me want to type things that shouldn't be said in polite society. So I'm just going to say that I disagree with the naysayer and leave it at that.

Keep your hat low and your pants high!

by Morgan G. on Aug 8, 2008 10:28 AM CDT to parent up reply 2 recs

BANNED! DELETED!!

QuoteIt's pretty obvious....

That Morgan G just doesn't get it. He's not a Chicago guy, and he thinks everything is about HIM. I'm always open to reasonable debate and to have someone change my mind, but at this point – I'm skeptical.

by RV on Aug 8, 2008 10:39 AM CDT to parent up reply 0 recs

BANNED!!! DELETED!!!!!
FADE IN:

BOZ
     I'm a...

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: August 08, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: August 08, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2008, 01:27:59 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 08, 2008, 01:20:54 PM
This is gorgeous.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/8/8/589677/support-bcb-in-blog-tourne

I'm holding off until the BCB prom king and queen voting opens.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: August 08, 2008, 01:45:46 PM »
Where is Druish Druid?
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #295 on: August 08, 2008, 01:48:20 PM »
This is gorgeous.

I'm not sure... ... what this means:

"Al Yellon is the king douche"

Is that a good thing?

by Oriezno1fan on Aug 8, 2008 1:14 PM CDT  reply   1 recs

yes go big or go home as i always say

by Dr.Spaceman on Aug 8, 2008 1:16 PM CDT  up  reply   1 recs

Awesome.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: August 08, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »
Dr. Leo Spaceman?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: August 08, 2008, 01:57:23 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on August 08, 2008, 01:50:03 PM
Dr. Leo Spaceman?

Dr. Spaceman: This is Dr. Leo Spaceman.

Liz: Oh, hi. I'm sorry, I got this number under fertility in the Writers Guild Health Manual?

Dr. Spaceman: I'm also listed under meth addiction and child psychiatry. So, what can I help you with? I should start by saying that I can't personally help you conceive. Something happened to me while scuba diving.

Thrillho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: August 08, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on August 08, 2008, 01:48:20 PM
This is gorgeous.

I'm not sure... ... what this means:

"Al Yellon is the king douche"

Is that a good thing?

by Oriezno1fan on Aug 8, 2008 1:14 PM CDT  reply   1 recs

yes go big or go home as i always say

by Dr.Spaceman on Aug 8, 2008 1:16 PM CDT  up  reply   1 recs

Awesome.

Be careful what you laugh at over at BCB these days.

Some posts may be spoofs.
FADE IN:

BOZ
     I'm a...

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: August 08, 2008, 03:18:10 PM »
Quote from: OK1972
I'd like to vote for Al as much as possible (Thanks, again, for this great blog!).

I think I'll refrain until I know how many visitors that site gets and all that. I haven't looked ta tit too closely, but any tournament with Rick Morrissey and Phil Rogers must be good. I love their writing, it's insightful and relevant!

Congrats, Al! Hopefully, this can only mean that you'll get the credibility you so deserve!

Which one of you is OK1972?  Coffee came out my nose when I read this.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.