News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: American Hustle  ( 7,192 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: American Hustle
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 21, 2014, 02:59:49 PM
If anyone here has never seen "Winter's Bone"  check it out.  A teen-aged Jennifer Lawrence puts in a spectacular performance.  Later on she stole the movie away from Bradley Cooper in "Silver Linings Playbook".   Her performance in "American Hustle" came as no surprise.  Yet when you see her speaking "spontaneously" at awards shows or on The Daily Show" you wonder "Is that the same person?"

Winter's Bone was boring

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 03:47:40 PM »
If anyone here has never seen "Winter's Bone"  check it out.  A teen-aged Jennifer Lawrence puts in a spectacular performance.  Later on she stole the movie away from Bradley Cooper in "Silver Linings Playbook".   Her performance in "American Hustle" came as no surprise.  Yet when you see her speaking "spontaneously" at awards shows or on The Daily Show" you wonder "Is that the same person?"

I saw half of Winter's Bone and then my cousin's bootleg DVD took a shite. I loved what I saw. Reminds me of Justified in a lot of ways. Need to see the rest soon. Maybe tonight. Thanks for reminding me.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 21, 2014, 03:47:40 PM

I saw half of Winter's Bone and then my cousin's bootleg DVD took a shite. I loved what I saw. Reminds me of Justified in a lot of ways. Need to see the rest soon. Maybe tonight. Thanks for reminding me.

Before or after Justified?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 21, 2014, 03:59:56 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 21, 2014, 03:47:40 PM

Before or after Justified?

Thanks for reminding me.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »
Enjoyed this over the weekend, even more than I thought I would.  Some reviews said the plot is convoluted but I followed it just fine.  Thought it was an entertaining character study with plenty of laughs, and Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence were both great in it.  And hell, I liked Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper's performances too.

And I agree with Gil about Louis CK's part.  CK plays hapless and hopeless really well, but this character was still different enough from his normal stuff to be interesting.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »
Must play better in a theater than at home.  Three of us watched it Saturday evening and two of us were excited to see it.  It was a fine, well acted, well crafted movie.

None of us will ever watch it again.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 28, 2014, 04:24:10 PM
Must play better in a theater than at home.  Three of us watched it Saturday evening and two of us were excited to see it.  It was a fine, well acted, well crafted movie.

It was kind of 'meh' in the theater, too. I mean, it was good. But nothing like I'd expected.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 28, 2014, 05:13:54 PM

It was kind of 'meh' in the theater, too. I mean, it was good. But nothing like I'd expected.

That's why you always expect the worst.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 05:18:18 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 28, 2014, 05:16:25 PM

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 05:20:41 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 28, 2014, 05:18:18 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 28, 2014, 05:16:25 PM

Lesson learned.