News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 22 Jump Street  ( 1,563 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
22 Jump Street
« on: July 06, 2014, 10:28:02 AM »
Guilty pleasure.  This movie is loaded with laughs.  Some of the attempts at jokes don't work, but you don't fret those since the next one works.  There is also a gutty poke at the "buddy" movie genre, suggesting that it may really have a homosexual motivation.   (Hmm.  Mel Gibson and Danny Glover?  Stranger things have happened.)  STAY FOR THE CLOSING CREDITS. This movie is a sequel to "21 Jump Street", which ended with one of the characters promising a sequel.  The closing credits are funnier than the movie, promising sequels well into the next century.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 22 Jump Street
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:53:47 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 06, 2014, 10:28:02 AM
Guilty pleasure.  This movie is loaded with laughs.  Some of the attempts at jokes don't work, but you don't fret those since the next one works.  There is also a gutty poke at the "buddy" movie genre, suggesting that it may really have a homosexual motivation.   (Hmm.  Mel Gibson and Danny Glover?  Stranger things have happened.)  STAY FOR THE CLOSING CREDITS. This movie is a sequel to "21 Jump Street", which ended with one of the characters promising a sequel.  The closing credits are funnier than the movie, promising sequels well into the next century.

It's great. Just like the first one.

I hope the credits means they're done. But Channing Tatum is my favorite comedy action guy now.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 22 Jump Street
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 06, 2014, 10:28:02 AM

It was really good. The first one was fantastic, too. But I'm with you guys, I hope they're done.

"Hey, look...it's a cube and it looks like it's made out of ice."
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"