News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012 Chicago Cubs  ( 86,474 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012 Chicago Cubs
« Reply #420 on: May 24, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »

If the Cubs' horrendous 2012 leads to the drafting of Colin Moran in 2013, has Desipio come full circle at that point?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »
Why haven't we been hearing anything about  "The Cubs' Way"?  Are we seeing the Cubs' way?   If this is the Cubs' way, I am not sure that I like it.  I didn't expect to make the playoffs, but I didn't think that the Cubs would aspire to 10 game losing streaks.  On the brighter side, if the Cubs lose today, then a ten game losing streak would look good.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: May 26, 2012, 04:11:22 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 26, 2012, 01:47:55 PM
Why haven't we been hearing anything about  "The Cubs' Way"?  Are we seeing the Cubs' way?   If this is the Cubs' way, I am not sure that I like it.  I didn't expect to make the playoffs, but I didn't think that the Cubs would aspire to 10 game losing streaks.  On the brighter side, if the Cubs lose today, then a ten game losing streak would look good.

It might be hard to get major leaguers to buy into it. But when Gerardo Concepcion wins the Cy Young in 2014 it'll be Cubs Way all up in here.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »

A ten game losing streak would sure look good right now.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2012, 09:48:00 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 26, 2012, 09:32:00 PM

A ten game losing streak would sure look good right now.

Dolis has filled Marmol's role almost perfectly.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: May 26, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »
Anger!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: May 27, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: May 27, 2012, 10:29:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 26, 2012, 10:40:12 PM
Anger!

Nah.  Tell me you didn't at least chuckle at Loss #11 occuring via a walk-off HBP.  

I will admit, however to wondering that if catchers are really athletes, why couldn't that dude who played HS ball with Neil Walker have just jumped, or dove, over his crouched counterpart?  I mean, you know...that's a run, kid, and you're a catcher yourself--you expect to kick the ball out with a little slide do ya?   D'UR.  

Bad baseball, but this is what we expected and, to an extent, what is needed, isn't it?  I honestly can't get despondent over this streak yet either.  They could lose 20 straight* and it wouldn't be as bad as an 0-14 start, so bring it on. Is this the best bad baseball you got?  *pounds chest*

*If they lose 20 straight I'll literally eat a Cubs floppy hat.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: May 27, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 27, 2012, 10:29:12 AM
Anger!

Nah.  Tell me you didn't at least chuckle at Loss #11 occuring via a walk-off HBP.  

I will admit, however to wondering that if catchers are really athletes, why couldn't that dude who played HS ball with Neil Walker have just jumped, or dove, over his crouched counterpart?  I mean, you know...that's a run, kid, and you're a catcher yourself--you expect to kick the ball out with a little slide do ya?   D'UR.  

Bad baseball, but this is what we expected and, to an extent, what is needed, isn't it?  I honestly can't get despondent over this streak yet either.  They could lose 20 straight* and it wouldn't be as bad as an 0-14 start, so bring it on. Is this the best bad baseball you got?  *pounds chest*

Huey's just rescued the season for me.  Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: May 27, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: May 27, 2012, 11:22:38 AM »

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: May 27, 2012, 12:02:59 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 27, 2012, 10:54:11 AM
Anger!

Huey's just rescued the season for me.  Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...

Without ketchup, natch.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: May 27, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »
Anger!

I'm not angry at all. Just mocking those that are. We knew this team would suck.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: May 27, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 27, 2012, 01:04:22 PM
Anger!

I'm not angry at all. Just mocking those that are. We knew this team would suck.

Everyone not named Yellon or Ricketts.