News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012 Chicago Cubs  ( 86,480 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012 Chicago Cubs
« Reply #645 on: July 02, 2012, 01:58:04 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 02, 2012, 01:56:20 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 02, 2012, 01:29:51 PM
Call up Vitters and then this team should not lose another game. That would put them at 113-49 for the season, and I'm assuming a top seed in the playoffs, where they'll win the first two games only to lose the next three to an 84-win Cardinal team.

That's a mock.  I'm being mocked.  You are mocking me.  I don't like it.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #646 on: July 02, 2012, 02:01:22 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 02, 2012, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 02, 2012, 01:56:20 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 02, 2012, 01:29:51 PM
Call up Vitters and then this team should not lose another game. That would put them at 113-49 for the season, and I'm assuming a top seed in the playoffs, where they'll win the first two games only to lose the next three to an 84-win Cardinal team.

That's a mock.  I'm being mocked.  You are mocking me.  I don't like it.

Also a mock.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #647 on: July 02, 2012, 02:11:24 PM »
There's no way they'd call up Vitters, right?

Although Valbuena is a guy that everyone seems to love even though his actual numbers stink.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #648 on: July 02, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 02, 2012, 02:11:24 PM

Although Valbuena is a guy that everyone seems to love even though his actual numbers stink.

He bangs out three-run homers like a boss.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #649 on: July 02, 2012, 02:42:52 PM »

But see, I was thinking that Vitters was all terrible and everything and just being sucky mcsuckerton in Iowa until I BR'd his stats for this season.  He's putting together a solid year.  I guess the reason why he wouldn't be called up is because the Cubs don't think he's close to being ready.  It's not like I expect Vitters to turn the season around, that's been lost since April.

I was thinking of Vitters along the lines of Rizzo.  Rizzo was raking and he's the heir at 1B.  Vitters is a first round pick, putting together a good year at Iowa, is 22, and there's no way the Cubs were betting on Ian Stewart being at third for them past this year.

Or am I making a mistake by taking sports seriously on this board?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #650 on: July 02, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 02, 2012, 02:42:52 PM

But see, I was thinking that Vitters was all terrible and everything and just being sucky mcsuckerton in Iowa until I BR'd his stats for this season.  He's putting together a solid year.  I guess the reason why he wouldn't be called up is because the Cubs don't think he's close to being ready.  It's not like I expect Vitters to turn the season around, that's been lost since April.

I was thinking of Vitters along the lines of Rizzo.  Rizzo was raking and he's the heir at 1B.  Vitters is a first round pick, putting together a good year at Iowa, is 22, and there's no way the Cubs were betting on Ian Stewart being at third for them past this year.

I think you're doing well by taking SPORTZ seriously. Where you might have erred is taking anything anyone says here in any way serial.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #651 on: July 02, 2012, 02:59:14 PM »

Vitters will be at Wrigley Field sometime this year. And he won't even need to buy one of Mike D or flannj's tickets. Was I mocking? Maybe a little bit, but I am more than a little excited to see Rizzo and Vitters too. The Cubs have even become watchable lately. Maybe the future isn't so fucking bad.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #652 on: July 02, 2012, 03:15:03 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 02, 2012, 02:59:14 PM

Vitters will be at Wrigley Field sometime this year. And he won't even need to buy one of Mike D or flannj's tickets. Was I mocking? Maybe a little bit, but I am more than a little excited to see Rizzo and Vitters too. The Cubs have even become watchable lately. Maybe the future isn't so fucking bad.

Defense has been a weakness and could be a reason why they keep in the minors for a while. Although the sooner they bring him up, the sooner Sveumstink and Listerrible could work with him like they've done with Castro.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #653 on: July 02, 2012, 03:27:11 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 02, 2012, 03:15:03 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 02, 2012, 02:59:14 PM

Defense has been a weakness and could be a reason why they keep in the minors for a while. Although the sooner they bring him up, the sooner Sveumstink and Listerrible could work with him like they've done with Castro.

Or they could trade him to some team that doesn't have the handsome version of Adam LaRoche blocking him at first.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #654 on: July 03, 2012, 07:36:40 AM »

I doubt Vitters is here before September 1. Same as Rizzo, the Cubs will want to keep him under control an extra year before he's arb-eligible.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #655 on: July 03, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »
You guys ready for Chris Volstad's triumphant return?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #656 on: July 03, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 03, 2012, 10:59:04 AM

Keep it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #657 on: July 03, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »

You are going to make me cry real tears.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #658 on: July 03, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 03, 2012, 01:47:56 PM

Don't.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #659 on: July 03, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 03, 2012, 02:04:09 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 03, 2012, 01:47:56 PM

Don't.

Welcome back, Chris! I see you worked hard in Iowa!