News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,250 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »
OH COME THE FUCK ON.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2011, 12:43:05 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2011, 12:40:10 PM
Oh, for the love of God...

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/best-sports-blog/BestOf?oid=4094655

I'm sure the boys at SCH are honored to be placed among such giants.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 28, 2011, 12:43:05 PM

I like that they clearly didn't read any of these sites, as they just assumed that The Bleacher Report was a Chicago sports blog.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 28, 2011, 12:51:09 PM

I like that they clearly didn't read any of these sites, as they just assumed that The Bleacher Report was a Chicago sports blog.

I think they'd like to only cover the Kubbeez, but because Al does such a good job they had to expand it to all sports, all cities.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »

To be fair, these are the readers' poll winners. And it's a fairly well-established principle that the reading public are buffoons.

(Michael Jordan was a runner up for "Best athlete you'd resurrect to play another game". Chicago... where the dead can vote and we resurrect the living.)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2011, 01:20:07 PM

To be fair, these are the readers' poll winners. And it's a fairly well-established principle that the reading public are buffoons.

(Michael Jordan was a runner up for "Best athlete you'd resurrect to play another game". Chicago... where the dead can vote and we resurrect the living.)

Love it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2011, 08:14:54 PM »
It's why the Reader should stick to arts and entertainment and leave sports alone unless Ted Cox is writing it.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:50 PM »

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2011, 03:15:49 AM »
Timothy O'Toole's is the second best Hawks bar, the best Bears and Bulls bar and the third best Cubs bar, apparently.  It was hands-down the crappiest place I went all week.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
Words fail me.

QuoteZambrano threw a bullpen session at Wrigley Field on Wednesday while the Cubs were looking stupid in a third straight one-run loss in Washington on a suicide squeeze that just pantsed everybody from the manager on down. More of that later. For now, the story is that Zambrano threw a bullpen at Wrigley instead of in Washington because the Cubs didn't want the big goof to further hurt or strain his back sitting on an airplane. This spasm of lucidity could impact the Cubs' chances reaching first place in the Frickin' Idiot League.

Now get a load of this: Zambrano plans to fly to Guatemala over the All-Star break to prepare for the adoption of his son. Can you say "utter disrespect,'' boys and girls?

What's more, the Cubs have not said they will stop him. Dopes all around, it looks like.
Zambrano continues to clown his team the way he clowned his manager with that bat-over-the-knee-episode and the team apparently says, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?''

So Cub.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 08, 2011, 01:15:00 PM
Words fail me.

QuoteZambrano threw a bullpen session at Wrigley Field on Wednesday while the Cubs were looking stupid in a third straight one-run loss in Washington on a suicide squeeze that just pantsed everybody from the manager on down. More of that later. For now, the story is that Zambrano threw a bullpen at Wrigley instead of in Washington because the Cubs didn't want the big goof to further hurt or strain his back sitting on an airplane. This spasm of lucidity could impact the Cubs' chances reaching first place in the Frickin' Idiot League.

Now get a load of this: Zambrano plans to fly to Guatemala over the All-Star break to prepare for the adoption of his son. Can you say "utter disrespect,'' boys and girls?

What's more, the Cubs have not said they will stop him. Dopes all around, it looks like.
Zambrano continues to clown his team the way he clowned his manager with that bat-over-the-knee-episode and the team apparently says, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?''

So Cub.

What a selfish asshole.

Zambrano, I mean.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/07/did_the_huffington_post_make_a.html

QuoteEarlier this week Simon Dumenco published a column in Advertising Age griping that, for all Arianna's promises that she drives traffic to outside sites, the Huffington Post actually takes ideas and hands out few page views in exchange. His example was a column of his own, which was liberally quoted and minimally linked by HuffPo. In the end, the massive "traffic-driver" sent only 57 page views his way. It was an egregious but not uncommon example of the site's aggregation philosophy, on the far end of a sliding scale that often tries and succeeds in proper attribution. (Some of our posts get big bumps from a HuffPo link. Others don't.) In response to Dumenco's column, HuffPo's executive business editor, Peter Goodman, profusely apologized and suspended the young blogger who had "over-aggregated."

http://gawker.com/5820099/huffpo-fires-writer-for-doing-what-we-were-taught-and-told-to-do

QuoteThe Huffington Post indefinitely suspended a young blogger today for rewriting too much of someone's news article. This is pretty ridiculous, given HuffPo's systematic, officially-sanctioned approach to rewriting too much of people's news articles. Just ask a HuffPo veteran.

"I am livid," a former HuffPo employee told us, referring to the news that the Huffington Post indefinitely suspended business writer Amy Lee for summarizing an AdAge column by mimicking its structure over six paragraphs. HuffPo business editor Peter Goodman wrote in response to the AdAge columnist's complaint that "we have zero tolerance for this sort of conduct... What occurred in this instance is entirely unacceptable and collides directly with the values that are at work in our newsroom."

That will come as news to anyone who has read the Huffington Post, and indeed to anyone who has worked there. We're told the publication's longstanding and well-known tendency to reproduce large parts of other people's articles—verbatim or as summary—is no accident. The ex HufPo employee:

QuoteThat is what we were taught and told to do at HuffPost. Arianna and the higher ups made a decision to stop linking out directly as much and rewrite stories "the way the AP does." They even hired people specifically to rewrite other people's work. Whenever they get caught they just blame an underling. These poor kids right out of school who have no experience get told to do XY and Z and then get punished for doing it.

They have a "fair use" talk every couple of months but that only focuses on how much people can take directly from other sources, it never gets into the "don't just rewrite someone else's story" territory cause that's what HuffPost is built on.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2011, 09:02:46 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 17, 2011, 06:18:17 PM
Cool story, bro.

And now, 7,000 words on some nerd's relationship.