News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,213 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2012, 11:22:24 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 20, 2012, 10:32:14 AM
How about Greatest Canadian Jewish Sports Legends?

Murray Bannerman, ice hockey, goaltender (NHL)
    Maxie Berger, boxer, wore a Star of David on his trunks[54]
    Ross Brooks, ice hockey, goaltender (NHL)
    Hy Buller, ice hockey, Canadian-born US, All-Star defenceman (NHL)
    Michael Cammalleri, ice hockey, left wing (Montreal Canadiens) Calgary Flames
  Steve Dubinsky, ice hockey, center (NHL)
    Sharon Fichman, tennis player[58]
    Cecil Hart, Montreal Canadiens coach[60], namesake of the Hart Memorial Trophy
    Corey Hirsch, ice hockey, goaltender (NHL)
    Max Labovitch, ice hockey, right wing (NHL)[63]
    Alex Levinsky, ice hockey, defenceman (NHL)
    Sammy Luftspring, boxer, Canadian champion welterweight, Canada's Sports Hall of Fame
    David Nemirovsky, ice hockey, right wing (CSKA Moscow)
    Goody Rosen, baseball player, outfielder, All-Star
    Stephen Weiss, ice hockey, forward (Florida Panthers, NHL)[68]
    Adam Stern, baseball player, outfielder
    Andrew Sznajder, tennis player
    Bernie Wolfe, ice hockey, goaltender (NHL)
    Larry Zeidel, ice hockey, defenceman (NHL)

Couldn't keep his big Jewish mouth shut'd  (alternatively Too bad Jews learn Hebrew and not French'd)
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 20, 2012, 10:49:47 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 20, 2012, 09:33:01 AM

The Canadian Sports Hall of Fame is truly an august institution.

I rank it next to my monthy edition of Greatest Jewish Sports Legends.

ORLY?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »

Quote from: Brownie on January 20, 2012, 12:51:55 PM

How did Jackie Earle Haley get in there?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 20, 2012, 02:20:30 PM

Quote from: Brownie on January 20, 2012, 12:51:55 PM

How did Jackie Earle Haley get in there?

YOURE LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2012, 05:02:06 PM »
Has the Sun Times inadvertently revealed a secret about Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/10051056-455/hot-corner-its-good-to-be-a-tennis-star.html
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »
SKO needs to read this:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/10214074-419/jay-cutler-is-missing-the-extra-something-best-qbs-have.html

QuoteBut what's more troubling is that when compared to quarterbacks such as Brady and Manning — or Rodgers, Brees and maybe even Matthew Stafford, Ben Roethlisberger and others — Cutler seems to lack that extra ''something.''

Zomething different?

QuoteIt seems Cutler's blank-faced nothingness must affect those around him. It certainly has affected certain professional people who have had contact with him and have wanted nothing more than a simple smile or ''hello.''

''He's a sh--,'' says one member of the Bears' extended staff, a man who wishes to remain anonymous. ''You see him, and he doesn't even acknowledge your presence.''

It's Mike McCaskey.

QuoteTo wit, Cutler and his back-again Hollywood girlfirend, Kristin Cavallari, ''are pregnant,'' and a baby is due sometime in late summer. There is no wedding news, of course, because that is the Hollywood way.

Why is "are pregnant" in quotes?

Nobody tell Rick that Brady had a child out of wedlock with a Hollywood-type starlet while banging a supermodel on the side.

It'll kill him.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 25, 2012, 07:31:01 PM
SKO needs to read this:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/10214074-419/jay-cutler-is-missing-the-extra-something-best-qbs-have.html

QuoteBut what's more troubling is that when compared to quarterbacks such as Brady and Manning — or Rodgers, Brees and maybe even Matthew Stafford, Ben Roethlisberger and others — Cutler seems to lack that extra ''something.''

Zomething different?

QuoteIt seems Cutler's blank-faced nothingness must affect those around him. It certainly has affected certain professional people who have had contact with him and have wanted nothing more than a simple smile or ''hello.''

''He's a sh--,'' says one member of the Bears' extended staff, a man who wishes to remain anonymous. ''You see him, and he doesn't even acknowledge your presence.''

It's Mike McCaskey.

QuoteTo wit, Cutler and his back-again Hollywood girlfirend, Kristin Cavallari, ''are pregnant,'' and a baby is due sometime in late summer. There is no wedding news, of course, because that is the Hollywood way.

Nobody tell Rick that Brady had a child out of wedlock with a Hollywood-type starlet while banging a supermodel on the side.

It'll kill him.

I meant to bring this up.  Having just finished my latest Bill Bryson book, and faced with the prospect of nothing to read for my train ride this morning, I splurged on a rare purchase of a Sun-Times and this was the thanks I got.  So, so, criminally dumb and pointless.

Nice partial fisking by Deadspin BTW.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »
SKO needs to read this:

Matt Stafford is an elite quarterback now?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2012, 08:21:47 AM »
Quote from: BH on January 26, 2012, 07:56:39 AM
SKO needs to read this:

5,038 yards and 41 touchdown passes? I'd say so.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2012, 08:41:02 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 26, 2012, 08:21:47 AM
SKO needs to read this:

Stafford has had 1 good year, was hurt the first 2 years. He has the best WR in the game. He's good, but he's not on the same level as Rodgers, Brees, Brady or even Eli. He didn't even make the pro bowl. Snap!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2012, 09:06:55 AM »
SKO needs to read this:

Yeah, those stats are nice, but the real issue here is that he's got "zazz".

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2012, 09:40:55 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 26, 2012, 09:06:55 AM
SKO needs to read this:

Let me know when Cutler finds that something. We don't know what it is but when he finds it, which I doubt he will, maybe he could be elite.

Side note: when comparing Stafford to Cutler it's only fair to omit any mention of Calvin Johnson, who had very little impact on Stafford's numbers as a passer.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2012, 09:53:57 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 26, 2012, 09:40:55 AM
SKO needs to read this:

Let me know when Cutler finds that something. We don't know what it is but when he finds it, which I doubt he will, maybe he could be elite.

Side note: when comparing Stafford to Cutler it's only fair to omit any mention of Calvin Johnson, who had very little impact on Stafford's numbers as a passer.

Stafford's girlfriend is better looking.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 26, 2012, 09:53:57 AM
Quote from: Slaky on January 26, 2012, 09:40:55 AM
SKO needs to read this:

Stafford's girlfriend is better looking.

As is Slezak.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2012, 08:26:37 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 25, 2012, 07:34:01 PM
SKO needs to read this:

Zomething different?

It's Mike McCaskey.

It'll kill him.

I meant to bring this up.  Having just finished my latest Bill Bryson book, and faced with the prospect of nothing to read for my train ride this morning, I splurged on a rare purchase of a Sun-Times and this was the thanks I got.  So, so, criminally dumb and pointless.

Nice partial fisking by Deadspin BTW.

Oh god dammit Telander.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015