News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,189 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #285 on: October 25, 2012, 05:54:24 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 25, 2012, 04:13:19 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2012, 04:11:40 PM
Quote from: BH on October 25, 2012, 04:06:37 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 25, 2012, 04:02:28 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2012, 03:48:44 PM
He had Derrick Damn Rose.

Whoa. Hold on. Thibs has had major, major success with that defense wherever he's been -- Chicago, Boston, Houston, New York, etc. The guy can clearly coach. It's not like he's some mediocre coach who inherited a bunch of superstars and people suddenly thought he was a good coach.

Since Apex's predictions are always spot on (see Devin Hester), slaky, yourself and i should reassess.

I was waiting for you to do that. Now that you've gotten out of your system you can show me where the scoring is going to come from and we can continue our interesting Gil-like basketball discussion.

Yawn'd.

Also, can we move this to the Hoops thread so as to be more readily ignorable by the rest of us?

Sit down and quit wrecking Huey's beloved silence.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2012, 06:10:05 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 25, 2012, 04:41:17 PM
There's no butthurt here. Just a good sportz conversation like the good old days. It's refreshing and I want to dip my balls in it.

Actual discussion is not permitted on Desipio. It makes folks uncomfortable. Now, you can either reference something from the Shoutbox or Fro's blog, or you can kindly shut the hell up.

Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2012, 04:09:24 PM
Unless you can point to that roster and tell me where the scoring is coming from, I am not going to change my mind.

Sure, I agree that they'll struggle to score. But I think there will be enough scoring (meaning, enough to finish around the middle of the conference) from the system they run. They got a ton of scoring from Rose, but they also get a lot of second chances because they're the best rebounding team in basketball, which helps them be efficient and get easy looks. They also tend to get some offense from their defense, even though that sounds like a cop-out cliche. Scoring doesn't just have to come from individual big names; that's how the Knicks think.

There will definitely be horrible nights where they score 75 points and I want to murder Jerry Reinsdorf, but I think there will be enough scoring to keep them around the middle of the pack until Rose returns. My primary concern offensively, besides the absence of Rose, is that they don't have much in the way of three-point shooting.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: October 25, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 25, 2012, 06:10:05 PM
There's no butthurt here. Just a good sportz conversation like the good old days. It's refreshing and I want to dip my balls in it.

Actual discussion is not permitted on Desipio. It makes folks uncomfortable. Now, you can either reference something from the Shoutbox or Fro's blog, or you can kindly shut the hell up.

Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2012, 04:09:24 PM
Unless you can point to that roster and tell me where the scoring is coming from, I am not going to change my mind.

Sure, I agree that they'll struggle to score. But I think there will be enough scoring (meaning, enough to finish around the middle of the conference) from the system they run. They got a ton of scoring from Rose, but they also get a lot of second chances because they're the best rebounding team in basketball, which helps them be efficient and get easy looks. They also tend to get some offense from their defense, even though that sounds like a cop-out cliche. Scoring doesn't just have to come from individual big names; that's how the Knicks think.

There will definitely be horrible nights where they score 75 points and I want to murder Jerry Reinsdorf, but I think there will be enough scoring to keep them around the middle of the pack until Rose returns. My primary concern offensively, besides the absence of Rose, is that they don't have much in the way of three-point shooting.

Nor do they have much in the way of two-point shooting. And don't even get me started on one-point shooting. OH MY LAWD!!!!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: October 25, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »

No need to get so butthurt, Eli.

Here:
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: October 25, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »
Anyone else think Huey's butt doth hurt too much?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: October 25, 2012, 08:00:47 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2012, 07:45:45 PM

Relax, Thrillhomo--and stop thinking about my butt.  I was just looking for an excuse to use that picture.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: October 25, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 25, 2012, 08:00:47 PM

Relax, Thrillhomo--and stop thinking about my butt.  I was just looking for an excuse to use that picture.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: October 25, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2012, 08:54:36 PM

Relax, Thrillhomo--and stop thinking about my butt.  I was just looking for an excuse to use that picture.

*Applies ButtHurt©*

Ahhhh, much better.

Adding...I confess to being a trollng douche right there because I was bored and Desipio's deader than Bort's whore grandmother.  Just picking nits because it was in the WRONG SECTION.  Good conversation--carry on.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: October 25, 2012, 11:07:52 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 25, 2012, 10:07:20 PM

Relax, Thrillhomo--and stop thinking about my butt.  I was just looking for an excuse to use that picture.

*Applies ButtHurt©*

Ahhhh, much better.

Adding...I confess to being a trollng douche right there because I was bored and Desipio's deader than Bort's whore grandmother.  Just picking nits because it was in the WRONG SECTION.  Good conversation--carry on.

Man somebody lit a fire under your wattle-and-daub hut today, eh O'Pankahan?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2012, 06:47:35 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 25, 2012, 11:07:52 PM

*Applies ButtHurt©*

Ahhhh, much better.

*skullfucks Bort's dead whore grandmother*

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: October 26, 2012, 07:37:37 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 26, 2012, 06:47:35 AM
Quote from: Bort on October 25, 2012, 11:07:52 PM

*Applies ButtHurt©*

Ahhhh, much better.

*skullfucks Bort's dead whore grandmother*

interesting
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: October 26, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »

Agree with you. Even with Rose we weren't a huge scoring team. More than having faith in the Bulls, I think the NBA is so watered down that all these other teams suck outside of the super radical best friends dominant teams.  I actually hope pex is right, the more the bulls suck the better the chances at a good draft pick. If the bulls don't get a real superstar to help rose in the next 2-3 years, and it doesn't seem that Bulls mgmt know how or are willing to do that, I see Rose leaving to join another team to win a title. Yay.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: October 26, 2012, 08:38:42 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 26, 2012, 08:16:26 AM
I see Rose leaving to join another team to win a title. Yay.

At least then Apex would finally be able to root for him. Haters be damned.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: October 26, 2012, 08:42:18 AM »

Agree with you. Even with Rose we weren't a huge scoring team. More than having faith in the Bulls, I think the NBA is so watered down that all these other teams suck outside of the super radical best friends dominant teams.  I actually hope pex is right, the more the bulls suck the better the chances at a good draft pick. If the bulls don't get a real superstar to help rose in the next 2-3 years, and it doesn't seem that Bulls mgmt know how or are willing to do that, I see Rose leaving to join another team to win a title. Yay.

I think Eli mentioned the probably completely unrealistic possibility of Kevin Love, so I'm going to hang my hat on that happening and blame Eli if it doesn't.

Now can everyone just sit the fuck down and stop talking about sports so Huey can have some PEACE AND GODDAMN QUIET FOR ONE GODDAMN MINUTE THANK YOU. OR IF YOU'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT SPORTS HAVE A LICK OF COMMON GODDAMN SENSE AND CLICK A DIFFERENT INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD BUTTON CATEGORY BEFORE TALKING ABOUT IT. JESUS!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: October 26, 2012, 08:57:07 AM »
Even with Rose we weren't a huge scoring team.  

So, nothing is fucked here, dude. Hold opponents under 85 points per game, score on defense and special teams...

PROFIT.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.