News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,114 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #315 on: October 29, 2012, 10:47:22 AM »
Actually, a more convenient example that utterly obliterates this argument would be Rex Grossman. I never heard anyone say a damn thing bad about Rex's personality, his relationship with the fans, or his willingness to sit there and face the media after each awful outing. He is, by all accounts, a class act and a stand up guy....

...and he got eviscerated daily by the media and fans for years. They booed him vociferously before he took a single snap when he HAD to come into a game against the Lions in 2008 when Orton got hurt. He'd probably still be booed simply standing on the sideline if the Bears played the Redskins this year. So really, fuck this.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 29, 2012, 10:47:22 AM
Actually, a more convenient example that utterly obliterates this argument would be Rex Grossman. I never heard anyone say a damn thing bad about Rex's personality, his relationship with the fans, or his willingness to sit there and face the media after each awful outing. He is, by all accounts, a class act and a stand up guy....

...and he got eviscerated daily by the media and fans for years. They booed him vociferously before he took a single snap when he HAD to come into a game against the Lions in 2008 when Orton got hurt. He'd probably still be booed simply standing on the sideline if the Bears played the Redskins this year. So really, fuck this.

Quote from: SKO, 5 minutes ago
700 words? You underestimate me. For health reasons I contracted out the task of criticizing the Jay Cutler critics this year. I'm going to try to stick to discussing the on-field Bears, since they're good and I want to enjoy it. That said, can anyone really care at this point? Whether they're right or wrong, can even the most devout Jay Cutler hater even care to read this stuff anymore? Nothing new has been said or added. It's just the same shit recycled time after time.

I admire your self-restraint.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: October 29, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 11:25:48 AM

700 words? You underestimate me. For health reasons I contracted out the task of criticizing the Jay Cutler critics this year. I'm going to try to stick to discussing the on-field Bears, since they're good and I want to enjoy it. That said, can anyone really care at this point? Whether they're right or wrong, can even the most devout Jay Cutler hater even care to read this stuff anymore? Nothing new has been said or added. It's just the same shit recycled time after time.

Yeah, but that last post was about Rex Grossman. Different thing. Jesus, Pen. It's like you can't even read.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: October 29, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 29, 2012, 11:32:02 AM

Yeah, but that last post was about Rex Grossman. Different thing. Jesus, Pen. It's like you can't even read.

I was impressed by your use of "paragraphs" there. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: October 29, 2012, 11:52:25 AM »
DPD.

Jay Marriotti, still the fucking worst.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 29, 2012, 11:36:45 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 29, 2012, 11:32:02 AM

I was impressed by your use of "paragraphs post belts" there. 

Iowa'd.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »
This:

Quote...

And most of all because of the single terrible good that hurricanes do, the same good that running does: They turn the unconscious into the conscious. Hurricanes and marathons remind us how good we have it every minute we don't spend thinking about how fragile we are and everything we've built is. When else do we listen so closely to our own breaths? There were people who lived on your city's shores for 50 years, Mr. Mayor, never once imagining that one night they would drown pressed against their living-room ceilings. Who would ever believe that sort of nightmare might actually come true unless you could somehow make them see that it did? That's why you should have held your marathon. Because then you would have forced us to see.

And instead, 1,000 years from now, when glowing fingers run down our ancient ledgers and they wonder what happened in 2012, why there was no marathon in the long-submerged metropolis that used to be known as New York, they'll find different records that will tell them that this was it, that this was the pivotal moment when we decided once and for all that it was better for us to close our eyes, to stop when we should have run.

"I know this because I am a runner..."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: November 06, 2012, 07:32:31 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 06, 2012, 06:36:26 PM
This:

Quote...

And most of all because of the single terrible good that hurricanes do, the same good that running does: They turn the unconscious into the conscious. Hurricanes and marathons remind us how good we have it every minute we don't spend thinking about how fragile we are and everything we've built is. When else do we listen so closely to our own breaths? There were people who lived on your city's shores for 50 years, Mr. Mayor, never once imagining that one night they would drown pressed against their living-room ceilings. Who would ever believe that sort of nightmare might actually come true unless you could somehow make them see that it did? That's why you should have held your marathon. Because then you would have forced us to see.

And instead, 1,000 years from now, when glowing fingers run down our ancient ledgers and they wonder what happened in 2012, why there was no marathon in the long-submerged metropolis that used to be known as New York, they'll find different records that will tell them that this was it, that this was the pivotal moment when we decided once and for all that it was better for us to close our eyes, to stop when we should have run.

Here's a nice rebuttal:

http://deadspin.com/5957999/no-it-was-defintely-a-good-idea-to-cancel-the-marathon

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: November 07, 2012, 10:42:04 AM »
This:

Quote...

Hurricanes and Marathons can be the next terrible Muse album.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 07, 2012, 10:42:04 AM
This:

Quote...

Hurricanes and Marathons can be the next terrible Muse album.

Fuck that.  I'd rather live in a world in which there was no such thing as a 'next Muse album'.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: December 18, 2012, 08:50:34 AM »
He's mercifully buried behind a paywall these days, but if you're in the mood to read something idiotic today, grab a copy of the Trib's front section off of whoever is sleeping under it and read Dennis Byrne's latest tirade against the evils of today's culture and the decline and fall of the US Empire.

The short version?  Things were much more innocent when he was growing up in the 1940's and 50's (AND DON'T YOU SCOFF) when mass murder was the business of European governments and everything in the US was just fine.  No violence here.  No sir.  Certainly not.  Or at least none that he knew of.

Also, to those of you who post in Mom's Basement: IT WAS YOUR FAULT

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: December 18, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 18, 2012, 08:50:34 AM
He's mercifully buried behind a paywall these days, but if you're in the mood to read something idiotic today, grab a copy of the Trib's front section off of whoever is sleeping under it and read Dennis Byrne's latest tirade against the evils of today's culture and the decline and fall of the US Empire.

The short version?  Things were much more innocent when he was growing up in the 1940's and 50's (AND DON'T YOU SCOFF) when mass murder was the business of European governments and everything in the US was just fine.  No violence here.  No sir.  Certainly not.  Or at least none that he knew of.

And if you pay now for Byrne's column, THAT'S NOT ALL! You can get all the Phil Rogers your brain can handle without hemorrhaging! Call now and we'll even throw you a bonus: David Haugh's In the Wake of the News Column: "Bears fans love of Urlacher unrequited." Remember when you could turn to the likes of Bernie Lincicome or Bob Verdi for sensible analysis, pointed and coherent criticism, or even some wit (as let's face it, sports is the toy department)? Yes, back then, you might even get a column from a guy who knew hockey (Verdi) or golf (Verdi) or even tennis (Lincicome). Forget those days! Today, you get the great rambling piece on how all the meatball fans are being mocked by Urlacher who JUST DOESN'T GET IT!

Operators are standing by. Call Now!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: December 18, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 18, 2012, 12:16:05 PM

And if you pay now for Byrne's column, THAT'S NOT ALL! You can get all the Phil Rogers your brain can handle without hemorrhaging! Call now and we'll even throw you a bonus: David Haugh's In the Wake of the News Column: "Bears fans love of Urlacher unrequited." Remember when you could turn to the likes of Bernie Lincicome or Bob Verdi for sensible analysis, pointed and coherent criticism, or even some wit (as let's face it, sports is the toy department)? Yes, back then, you might even get a column from a guy who knew hockey (Verdi) or golf (Verdi) or even tennis (Lincicome). Forget those days! Today, you get the great rambling piece on how all the meatball fans are being mocked by Urlacher who JUST DOESN'T GET IT!

I called. Milt answered.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: December 18, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 18, 2012, 12:33:38 PM

I called. Milt answered.

Try a different extension, then!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: December 18, 2012, 02:49:10 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 18, 2012, 12:35:18 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 18, 2012, 12:33:38 PM

I called. Milt answered.

Try a different extension, then!

I got Michael Holley's voicemail.