News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,237 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2012, 04:06:39 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 18, 2012, 08:50:34 AM
He's mercifully buried behind a paywall these days, but if you're in the mood to read something idiotic today, grab a copy of the Trib's front section off of whoever is sleeping under it and read Dennis Byrne's latest tirade against the evils of today's culture and the decline and fall of the US Empire.

The short version?  Things were much more innocent when he was growing up in the 1940's and 50's (AND DON'T YOU SCOFF) when mass murder was the business of European governments and everything in the US was just fine.  No violence here.  No sir.  Certainly not.  Or at least none that he knew of.

Also, to those of you who post in Mom's Basement: IT WAS YOUR FAULT

Oh?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-06/news/chi-william-heirens-dies-known-as-the-lipstick-killer-20120306_1_josephine-ross-william-heirens-parole-hearings
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: December 19, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
He's mercifully buried behind a paywall these days, but if you're in the mood to read something idiotic today, grab a copy of the Trib's front section off of whoever is sleeping under it and read Dennis Byrne's latest tirade against the evils of today's culture and the decline and fall of the US Empire.

The short version?  Things were much more innocent when he was growing up in the 1940's and 50's (AND DON'T YOU SCOFF) when mass murder was the business of European governments and everything in the US was just fine.  No violence here.  No sir.  Certainly not.  Or at least none that he knew of.

No.  No, it wasn't.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: December 19, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on December 19, 2012, 09:19:09 AM

No.  No, it wasn't.

morph is correct, it was actually Quentin Tarantino's fault. At least that's what Joe Scarborough told me.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: December 19, 2012, 09:45:06 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on December 19, 2012, 09:19:09 AM

No.  No, it wasn't.

I think it's all of the guns.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2013, 06:02:48 PM »
Andy likes to publish and answer questions that Ms. Muskat deems to be unworthy of response.  Yet she did respond to this one,

"How does the bullpen look this year, because I think that was our weakness last year.
-- Keith S., Trussville, Ala."

Yep.  That sure was our weakness last season.  The other problem was that I was wearing my trusty Trussville truss too tight on my head and it constricted the blood flow to my brain. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: January 24, 2013, 09:32:52 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 23, 2013, 06:02:48 PM
Andy likes to publish and answer questions that Ms. Muskat deems to be unworthy of response.  Yet she did respond to this one,

"How does the bullpen look this year, because I think that was our weakness last year.

Yep.  That sure was our weakness last season.  The other problem was that I was wearing my trusty Trussville truss too tight on my head and it constricted the blood flow to my brain. 

I think "we" had a lot of weaknesses last year. I for one can't resist a nice, plump jelly doughnut in the morning. I've tried. I can't do it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: January 24, 2013, 09:48:21 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 24, 2013, 09:32:52 AM

I think "we" had a lot of weaknesses last year. I for one can't resist a nice, plump jelly doughnut in the morning. I've tried. I can't do it.

Where's the old "For Chuck" thread when we need it?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:59 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 24, 2013, 09:48:21 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 24, 2013, 09:32:52 AM

Where's the old "For Chuck" thread when we need it?

Gone when last checked.

And I checked about 25 minutes ago.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »
Chuck on Twitter talking about the Oscars.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: April 03, 2013, 06:30:44 PM »
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9130997/sources-former-big-east-named-american-athletic-conference

It's not so much unreadable as there is some good CTbait:

QuoteThe American Athletic Conference will be the third Division I conference with a variation of America or American in its name. The others: America East and Mid-American. There's also Conference USA, which, ironically, is the league where nine of the 12 teams in the American Athletic Conference came from.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: April 04, 2013, 01:57:06 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 04, 2013, 01:04:58 PM
Quote from: morpheus on April 04, 2013, 12:57:23 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 04, 2013, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: morpheus on April 04, 2013, 12:54:30 PM
Oh, Gordo. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/04/wittenmyer-cubs-going-about-rebuilding-all-wrong/

Technically, he was on the radio.

This is so awful it bears repeating.

Dammit Morph.

Witttenmeyer and Rogers. A Sun-Times/Tribune rivalry in the spirit of Siskel and Ebert. Except Siskel and Ebert could, you know, actually write, use facts and make somewhat informed opinions:

Phil Rogers on April 1, 2013.
QuoteAnthony Rizzo, arrow down – He compiled 76 spring plate appearances without a home run. That didn't seem to bother him, as he was working counts and taking walks all the way to the end of last weekend's series in Houston, but it's hard to ignore 65 at-bats without a homer for a guy who hit one every 16.3 at-bats last year.

Phil Rogers on April 2, 2013
QuoteFor Rizzo, the moment wasn't too big. He even found a way to joke about how he had gone 48 at-bats in the Cactus League and another 17 with Team Italy without hitting a home run.

Never mind that he had hit one with the Italians on March 5. It came in an unofficial game against the A's and would require an Internet search to find. So Rizzo understood why his teammates "were chirping'' and calling him Campy, a reference to the slap-hitting Tony Campana, who stands more than half a foot shorter than Rizzo and weighs at least 75 pounds less.

Rather than bristle at questions about his underwhelming spring, he told those stories on himself. That might be the best sign of all for Epstein. He is looking to Rizzo to carry the legacy of the homegrown players that he, Hoyer, Jason McLeod and their co-workers chose and then developed to help the Red Sox win the 2007 World Series — guys such as Dustin Pedroia, Jonathan Papelbon, Jon Lester and Jacoby Ellsbury.

Rizzo isn't expected just to hit 25-plus home runs and drive in 90-plus runs every year. He's also the guy who is supposed to be a leader on future teams built around Starlin Castro, Welington Castillo (maybe) and kids like Javy Baez, Jorge Soler and Albertico Almora.

Piazza, who was Team Italy's hitting coach, praised Rizzo's "beautiful, very picturesque swing'' that he compared to the one Will Clark used to break the Cubs' hearts in the 1989 NLCS.

The Cubs have so far to go that you need the Hubble telescope to see from here to there. But it's nice knowing that Rizzo will play a leading role on the journey.