News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,118 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #390 on: September 25, 2013, 09:59:47 AM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: September 25, 2013, 11:13:47 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 25, 2013, 09:59:47 AM
What's so Special about Gordstink?

Appalling.

If Gordon is still around in two years, he's going to have to answer for this.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: September 25, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »

Myth: Prospects are awesome.
Fact: How many more tears, Theo?

Do your worst, Dolan.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 25, 2013, 11:13:47 AM

Appalling.

And he told Gordo:

"Andrew Peck15 minutes ago

Way to feed the trolls, Gordo. If you're still around in two years you're going to have to answer for this."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2013, 12:08:49 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 25, 2013, 11:13:47 AM

Appalling.

QuoteHow quickly will the on-field misery for players and fans continue?

How quickly will something continue? If it's continuing, it's already ongoing. The word he was looking for is resume, which is only an accent mark away from what Mr. Wittenmeyer should be working on for his next employment opportunity at the Minot (N.D.) Daily News.

So how quickly will the on-field misery for players and fans resume? I would like to think the "misery" for the fans ended sometime in June, if not back when Hendry was fired, if not back in 2010 when we realized the salad days of Hendry-Piniella-McDonough-et. al were over. For the players, I would assume the "misery" ended at approximately 10:24 p.m. when the Cubs lost to the Pirates and this current roster went back to the clubhouse and enjoyed the Major League spread and then went somewhere nice in Chicago for dinner before retiring for the evening. However, I'm sure their misery will resume in about 75 minutes, which to me is rather quickly, before stopping again after approximately 180 more minutes, not to resume for about another 50 hours in St. Louis.

Gordon Wittenmeyer, you are expelled from the English language. I propose all of your dispatches on the Cubs in the Bright One be written in Farsi from this day forward. I wonder if anyone will notice.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: September 25, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »
I'm also sick and God damn tired of people complaining that the Cubs are "behaving like a mid-market team." Like the Cardinals, Tigers, Indians, Royals, Pirates, Orioles, Reds etc??? Those same turds keep spewing the same bag of ass like, "This plan isn't special, everybody is doing it now." Not everybody, no. Toronto and Miami are two notable exceptions.

All we're banking on is that Jepstink will continue its history of drafting, developing, signing and keeping its own talent and trading for/signing the rest when the time comes. There isn't another way to go. The day of the $250 MM juggernaut is going away. I hope Gordo goes with it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2013, 01:17:12 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 25, 2013, 12:42:08 PM
I'm also sick and God damn tired of people complaining that the Cubs are "behaving like a mid-market team." Like the Cardinals, Tigers, Indians, Royals, Pirates, Orioles, Reds etc??? Those same turds keep spewing the same bag of ass like, "This plan isn't special, everybody is doing it now." Not everybody, no. Toronto and Miami are two notable exceptions.

All we're banking on is that Jepstink will continue its history of drafting, developing, signing and keeping its own talent and trading for/signing the rest when the time comes. There isn't another way to go. The day of the $250 MM juggernaut is going away. I hope Gordo goes with it.

I anxiously await the day that Jepstink's efforts bear fruit, just so Gordo and Al can each write their epic "I knew it all along" pieces.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »
Christ, Wittenstink is terrible.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: September 25, 2013, 01:21:52 PM »
DPD.

As far as I 'm concerned, any sub-Fro Dog Cub fan agreeing with Gordo's hysterical ramblings is banned from enjoying any Cub successes for the next 25 years.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: September 25, 2013, 01:25:02 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 25, 2013, 01:21:52 PM
DPD.

As far as I 'm concerned, any sub-Fro Dog Cub fan agreeing with Gordo's hysterical ramblings is banned from enjoying any Cub successes for the next 25 years.

Too lenient. Firebarn the lot.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: September 25, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »
<---- asshurt.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: September 25, 2013, 01:28:03 PM »

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: September 25, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »
Can anyone tell me how the 1984 payroll measured up against the league?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: September 25, 2013, 02:22:58 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 25, 2013, 12:42:08 PM
"This plan isn't special, everybody is doing it now."

Which means the Cubs have finally figured out what 27 other teams figured out years ago.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
QuoteBut what if the Cubs had been able to afford to sign international building blocks such as Yu Darvish and Yoenis Cespedes? What would that have made 2014 look like, especially if they had the means to do more than dream this winter about going after 24-year-old Japanese right-hander Masahiro Tanaka (20-0, 1.24 ERA, barely a walk per nine innings)?

Didn't the Cubs make rather strong offers to Cespedes and Darvish? It's a shame they didn't get them, because they'd be a 75-win team at this point!

One other thing: For a moment, do you think the Cubs' improvement is possibly obscured by the fact their schedule is much tougher this year?

They could have had 12 more games with the Astros and 2 more games with the White Sox, and maybe get spared a date with Oakland, and would definitely have a couple fewer games each against PIT, CIN, and STL. They're a 96-97 loss team this year, a 4 game improvement over last year. I say the schedule differential is worth 7 wins. I have nothing to back that up, but screw it. The Cubs' 66-96 is 5 games better than last year, but the T.J. Arbitrary Schedule Index puts them at 73-89 in a 2012 world. Call Baez up and sign a decent closer, and they're certainly able to break .500 in a T.J. Arbitrary Schedule Index Record Adjustment. If Baez and Bryant are ready and called up and Castro and Rizzo improve, they might be worth 90 wins adjusted for 2012, so Al Yellon and Gordon Wittenmeyer can suck it.