News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,066 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #420 on: September 26, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 26, 2013, 11:27:57 AM
Quote from: PANK! on September 26, 2013, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 26, 2013, 10:51:56 AM
Quote from: CBStew on September 25, 2013, 11:44:46 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 25, 2013, 11:13:47 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 25, 2013, 09:59:47 AM
What's so Special about Gordstink?

Appalling.

If Gordon is still around in two years, he's going to have to answer for this.

And he told Gordo:

"Andrew Peck15 minutes ago

Way to feed the trolls, Gordo. If you're still around in two years you're going to have to answer for this."

Quote from: Open Minded 21 hours agoOnce again Gordon has hit a home run. Every word of this article is spot on! Including the bit about inheriting a team chock full of talent. Casting the real talent downstream while getting 'prospects' is akin to playing the lottery every day and saying when I hit it will be big. Epstein may have a Yale degree but might have learned nothing about the fan base. Who wants to watch a bunch of AA and AAA players from July to September? All the while paying BIG LEAGUE prices. The season ended for this Cub fan when Garcia was let go. And monkeying around with Castro's and Rizzo's arc's is borderline blasphemy. Way to go guys. The sooner Epstein and Hoyer go the better off we will all be in Cubdom.

TRADING MACK GARCIA WAS THE LAST STRAW, JEPSTINK. QUIT MONKEYING AROUND AND LEARN ABOUT THE FAN BASE'S ALREADY.

That's gotta be Chuck D.

No. This guy seems to be for real.

Quote from: Open MindedI can see your BB knowledge is that of a sieve. Leaking at all times. Winning is contagious and the cubs DON'T have it and never will as long as these guys are prospects. Now head over to the b-ball almanac and read about winning teams and what they have in common. Hint, it has to do with PITCHING. Something the cubs traded away for A players. Theo, if I can call you that, what in tarnation are you doing?

You can never have too much pitching.

Losing 2-1 is way better than losing 5-1. Friggin' Epstink! Let's teach Starling Castor and Joan Baez how to pitch with them fancy strong arms.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: September 26, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 26, 2013, 12:21:19 PM

Appalling.

And he told Gordo:

Way to feed the trolls, Gordo. If you're still around in two years you're going to have to answer for this."

Quote from: Open Minded 21 hours agoOnce again Gordon has hit a home run. Every word of this article is spot on! Including the bit about inheriting a team chock full of talent. Casting the real talent downstream while getting 'prospects' is akin to playing the lottery every day and saying when I hit it will be big. Epstein may have a Yale degree but might have learned nothing about the fan base. Who wants to watch a bunch of AA and AAA players from July to September? All the while paying BIG LEAGUE prices. The season ended for this Cub fan when Garcia was let go. And monkeying around with Castro's and Rizzo's arc's is borderline blasphemy. Way to go guys. The sooner Epstein and Hoyer go the better off we will all be in Cubdom.

TRADING MACK GARCIA WAS THE LAST STRAW, JEPSTINK. QUIT MONKEYING AROUND AND LEARN ABOUT THE FAN BASE'S ALREADY.

That's gotta be Chuck D.

Quote from: Open MindedI can see your BB knowledge is that of a sieve. Leaking at all times. Winning is contagious and the cubs DON'T have it and never will as long as these guys are prospects. Now head over to the b-ball almanac and read about winning teams and what they have in common. Hint, it has to do with PITCHING. Something the cubs traded away for A players. Theo, if I can call you that, what in tarnation are you doing?

Losing 2-1 is way better than losing 5-1. Friggin' Epstink! Let's teach Starling Castor and Joan Baez how to pitch with them fancy strong arms.
Wait... The Cubs ARE losing 2-1 a lot these days. With Dempster, Maholm and Garza, they'd be losing 6-0 a lot more.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: September 26, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 26, 2013, 12:48:26 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 26, 2013, 12:21:19 PM

Appalling.

And he told Gordo:

That's gotta be Chuck D.

Wait... The Cubs ARE losing 2-1 a lot these days. With Dempster, Maholm and Garza, they'd be losing 6-0 a lot more.

Dempster, Maholm and Garza can score negative RBIs?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: September 26, 2013, 04:09:40 PM »
This "David Ortiz fell out of the sky" thing makes me so angry, I did a little research just to be sure:

Here's the AP story about the January 2003 phenomena of Twins' DHs and first basemen falling out of the sky. No mention of Paul Molitor, Kent Herbeck or Harmon Killebrew, however.

QuoteBOSTON (AP) David Ortiz's $1.25 million, one-year contract with the Red Sox was finalized on Wednesday, giving Boston a veteran left-handed hitter who will compete with Jeremy Giambi for a lineup spot.

Ortiz, who hit .272 for Minnesota last season while recovering from injuries, said he was looking forward to getting off the artificial turf at Minnesota and playing on Fenway Park's natural surface.

"What really was killing me was the turf at Minnesota," Ortiz said. "I'm not the only player at Minnesota that was having problems with it."

The Red Sox signed Jeremy Giambi last month, but general manager Theo Epstein said Ortiz would have a chance to compete for the everyday job. Boston decided not to keep first basemen Brian Daubach and Tony Clark.

"David has shown the ability in the past to also hit left-handed pitching, not every year but he's shown he can do it," Epstein said. "The upside is him as an everyday player."

Ortiz is a career .266 hitter over six seasons in Minnesota, his career hampered by injuries. He would have faced competition from Doug Mientkiewicz had he tried to stay in Minnesota.

"This game is a business too," Ortiz said. "When you're in a small market, you have to go for the player that will not cost you too much and that's what they did. I was very upset at first but now I understand that."

Epstein said the Red Sox were still looking for "another right-handed bat" but "we're getting close to the point where what you see is what you're going to get in spring training."

Ortiz said Red Sox pitcher and fellow Dominican Pedro Martinez had played a big role in persuading him to come to Boston.

"Pedro's like a father to me," he said. "Pedro, he gave us (a good example), how to work hard, get to the top."

Here's the story on non-tendering him.

QuoteTwins release David Ortiz
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2002
DAVE CAMPBELL
AP Sports Writer
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The Minnesota Twins released designated hitter David Ortiz to make room on the roster for shortstop Jose Morban, selected from the Texas organization in Monday's Rule 5 draft.

Trading Ortiz was one of general manager Terry Ryan's top priorities at baseball's winter meetings, which concluded Monday. But Ryan couldn't quite get a deal done.

"I would've liked to have found a home for him," Ryan said from Nashville, Tenn., this year's meeting spot. "We exhausted every avenue, but in essence it turned out to be an Ortiz-for-Morban type of thing."

Ortiz, 27, batted .272 with 32 doubles, 20 home runs and 75 RBIs in 412 at-bats and 125 games last season. In his four-plus seasons, he hit .266 with 108 doubles, 58 homers and 238 RBIs in 455 games.

The Twins believed Ortiz could be the 35-to-40-homer hitter their lineup has been missing for years, but injuries always seemed to throw his rhythm off. He missed 18 games after bone chips in his knee were found, and a broken wrist cost him more than two months in 2001.

As a rookie in 1998, the left-handed, 6-foot-4, 230-pound Ortiz also missed two months, also with a broken wrist.

Ortiz made $950,000 in 2002 and likely would have earned a 2003 contract worth more than $1 million through salary arbitration. His departure creates more at-bats for Matthew LeCroy, Bobby Kielty, Dustan Mohr and Michael Cuddyer, four young right-handed hitters who should all see some time at DH in 2003.

No one would trade for him. See! He just fell out of the sky.

And here's Gordo, back in 2011 on the Ortiz signing.

QuoteOn Dec. 16 of that year, the Twins non-tendered injury-prone, rough-fielding slugger David Ortiz after failed attempts to trade him. They didn't want to risk what for them could have been a payroll-breaking $2.5 million arbitration ruling.

The market for Ortiz was soft, and Epstein got him for half the would-be arbitration price. The rest is Boston history that ranks with midnight rides and the Kennedys.

So back in 2011, when Gordon said, "Be warned, they will suck in 2012 and 2013!" Ortiz didn't quite fall out of the sky.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: September 26, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 26, 2013, 04:09:40 PM
This "David Ortiz fell out of the sky" thing makes me so angry, I did a little research just to be sure:

Here's the AP story about the January 2003 phenomena of Twins' DHs and first basemen falling out of the sky. No mention of Paul Molitor, Kent Herbeck or Harmon Killebrew, however.

QuoteBOSTON (AP) David Ortiz's $1.25 million, one-year contract with the Red Sox was finalized on Wednesday, giving Boston a veteran left-handed hitter who will compete with Jeremy Giambi for a lineup spot.

Ortiz, who hit .272 for Minnesota last season while recovering from injuries, said he was looking forward to getting off the artificial turf at Minnesota and playing on Fenway Park's natural surface.

"What really was killing me was the turf at Minnesota," Ortiz said. "I'm not the only player at Minnesota that was having problems with it."

The Red Sox signed Jeremy Giambi last month, but general manager Theo Epstein said Ortiz would have a chance to compete for the everyday job. Boston decided not to keep first basemen Brian Daubach and Tony Clark.

"David has shown the ability in the past to also hit left-handed pitching, not every year but he's shown he can do it," Epstein said. "The upside is him as an everyday player."

Ortiz is a career .266 hitter over six seasons in Minnesota, his career hampered by injuries. He would have faced competition from Doug Mientkiewicz had he tried to stay in Minnesota.

"This game is a business too," Ortiz said. "When you're in a small market, you have to go for the player that will not cost you too much and that's what they did. I was very upset at first but now I understand that."

Epstein said the Red Sox were still looking for "another right-handed bat" but "we're getting close to the point where what you see is what you're going to get in spring training."

Ortiz said Red Sox pitcher and fellow Dominican Pedro Martinez had played a big role in persuading him to come to Boston.

"Pedro's like a father to me," he said. "Pedro, he gave us (a good example), how to work hard, get to the top."

DAVE CAMPBELL
AP Sports Writer
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The Minnesota Twins released designated hitter David Ortiz to make room on the roster for shortstop Jose Morban, selected from the Texas organization in Monday's Rule 5 draft.

Trading Ortiz was one of general manager Terry Ryan's top priorities at baseball's winter meetings, which concluded Monday. But Ryan couldn't quite get a deal done.

"I would've liked to have found a home for him," Ryan said from Nashville, Tenn., this year's meeting spot. "We exhausted every avenue, but in essence it turned out to be an Ortiz-for-Morban type of thing."

Ortiz, 27, batted .272 with 32 doubles, 20 home runs and 75 RBIs in 412 at-bats and 125 games last season. In his four-plus seasons, he hit .266 with 108 doubles, 58 homers and 238 RBIs in 455 games.

The Twins believed Ortiz could be the 35-to-40-homer hitter their lineup has been missing for years, but injuries always seemed to throw his rhythm off. He missed 18 games after bone chips in his knee were found, and a broken wrist cost him more than two months in 2001.

As a rookie in 1998, the left-handed, 6-foot-4, 230-pound Ortiz also missed two months, also with a broken wrist.

Ortiz made $950,000 in 2002 and likely would have earned a 2003 contract worth more than $1 million through salary arbitration. His departure creates more at-bats for Matthew LeCroy, Bobby Kielty, Dustan Mohr and Michael Cuddyer, four young right-handed hitters who should all see some time at DH in 2003.

QuoteOn Dec. 16 of that year, the Twins non-tendered injury-prone, rough-fielding slugger David Ortiz after failed attempts to trade him. They didn't want to risk what for them could have been a payroll-breaking $2.5 million arbitration ruling.

The market for Ortiz was soft, and Epstein got him for half the would-be arbitration price. The rest is Boston history that ranks with midnight rides and the Kennedys.

So back in 2011, when Gordon said, "Be warned, they will suck in 2012 and 2013!" Ortiz didn't quite fall out of the sky.

.900 OPS first basement don't grow on trees, they fall from the sky.

Got it.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 26, 2013, 04:12:18 PM
Quote from: Brownie on September 26, 2013, 04:09:40 PM

DAVE CAMPBELL
AP Sports Writer

QuoteOn Dec. 16 of that year, the Twins non-tendered injury-prone, rough-fielding slugger David Ortiz after failed attempts to trade him. They didn’t want to risk what for them could have been a payroll-breaking $2.5 million arbitration ruling.

.800 .900 OPS first basement don't grow on trees, they fall from the sky.

Got it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: September 26, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 26, 2013, 04:15:37 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on September 26, 2013, 04:12:18 PM

.800 .900 OPS first basement don't grow on trees, they fall from the sky.

Got it.

That's a fair point. Ortiz's OPS was .839 in 125 games in 2002, his highest in his career. But he was injury-prone.  In his 3 years as a supposed everyday player, he logged OPS of .810, .799 and .839 and the most games he played was 130.

You know who was available? A VETERAN! GOOD FOR THE CLUBHOUSE! A PROVEN WINNER WITH A HOME RUN IN THE DECIDING GAME OF A WORLD SERIES! COMING OFF OF AN .858 OPS SEASON IN 2002 AND A .930 OPS SEASON THE YEAR BEFORE!

Fred McGriff.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: September 29, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
Phil Rogers, in today's Whispers column, reports this:

QuoteWith the Pirates' 20-year losing streak finally over, it's time to turn our national attention to the Royals, who last went to the playoffs in 1985. Their 28-year streak without a postseason trip is the longest drought in the history of MLB and longer than any in the NFL, NBA or NHL. The likelihood is the team will stay the course with GM Dayton Moore and manager Ned Yost next season, judging this year as a building block, not just another disappointment.

Ignore the thought that Ned Yost would take the Royals to a place no one has since Dick Howser, and look at the 28-year drought being the longest postseason drought in the history of MLB. That is just not true. The whole history of MLB? Hmm, anyone know of a franchise that went longer than 28 years? Yes, the Cubs 39 years was something, but were there any others? Well, the White Sox went 40 years without a trip until the day the hack South Side patronage pols set off the air raid sirens. I seem to remember the Nationals breaking a pretty long streak last year: 31 years.

And I know the other Washington teams had enjoyed futility: The Senators-Twins (1933-1965), Senators-Rangers (1961-1996). All of these longer than 28 years. What are the longest droughts per franchise in MLB history?

1. Milwaukee Brewers I/St. Louis Browns: 43 (1901-1944)
2. Cleveland Indians: 41 (1954-1995)**
3(tie) Chicago White Sox: 40 (1919-1959)***
3(tie) Philadelphia/K.C./Oakland A's: 40 (1931-1971)
5. Chicago Cubs: 39 (1945-1984)*
6(tie) Philadelphia Phillies: 35 (1915-1950)
6(tie) Washington Senators II/Texas Rangers: 35 (1961-1996)**
8. Boston Braves: 34 (1914-1948)
9. Pittsburgh Pirates: 33 (1927-1960)
10. Washington Senators I/Minnesota Twins: 32 (1933-1965)
11. Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals: 31 (1981-2012)**
12. Kansas City Royals: 28 (and counting) (1985- )**
13. Boston Red Sox: 28 (1918-1946)
14. Milwaukee Brewers II: 26 (1982-2008)**
15. St. Louis Cardinals: 25 (1901-1926)
16. Detroit Tigers: 23 (1945-1968)
17(tie). Cincinnati Reds: 21 (1940-1961)
17(tie). Brooklyn Robins/Dodgers: 21 (1901-1922)
19. Toronto Blue Jays: 20 and counting (1993-)**
20. Baltimore Orioles I/N.Y. Highlanders/Yankees: 20 (1901-1921)
21(tie) Los Angeles/California Angels: 18 (1961-1979)*
21(tie) Seattle Mariners: 18 (1977-1995)**
21(tie). Houston Colt .45s/Astros: 18 (1962-1980)*
24. San Franciso Giants: 16 (1971-1987)*
25. San Diego Padres: 15 (1969-1984)*
26. New York Mets: 13 (1973-1986)*
27. Colorado Rockies: 12 (1995-2007)**
28. Florida/Miami Marlins: 10 and counting (2003-)**
29. Tampa Bay Devil Rays/Rays: 10 (1998-2008)**
30. Arizona Diamondbacks: 5 (2002-2007)**

*Drought included time during divisional play
** Drought included the advent of the Wild Card
*** The drought could be considered 42 years between postseasons in which said participant was trying to win rather than permanently shame the game of baseball.

Yes, at 12 out of 30, the Royals are barely in the second quintile of misery. I can't believe he forgot about a team that broke its drought last year, the two franchises in the city where he lives, the team he was talking about in that sentence (the Pirates), and the team from his hometown (Rangers). You wouldn't think one of those teams' long streak of futility would whisper to him ("Phil, maybe you should go to the Internets and verify this.")

Phil Rogers sucks.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: September 30, 2013, 10:38:13 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 29, 2013, 10:14:33 PM
Phil Rogers, in today's Whispers column, reports this:

QuoteWith the Pirates' 20-year losing streak finally over, it's time to turn our national attention to the Royals, who last went to the playoffs in 1985. Their 28-year streak without a postseason trip is the longest drought in the history of MLB and longer than any in the NFL, NBA or NHL. The likelihood is the team will stay the course with GM Dayton Moore and manager Ned Yost next season, judging this year as a building block, not just another disappointment.

Ignore the thought that Ned Yost would take the Royals to a place no one has since Dick Howser, and look at the 28-year drought being the longest postseason drought in the history of MLB. That is just not true. The whole history of MLB? Hmm, anyone know of a franchise that went longer than 28 years? Yes, the Cubs 39 years was something, but were there any others? Well, the White Sox went 40 years without a trip until the day the hack South Side patronage pols set off the air raid sirens. I seem to remember the Nationals breaking a pretty long streak last year: 31 years.

And I know the other Washington teams had enjoyed futility: The Senators-Twins (1933-1965), Senators-Rangers (1961-1996). All of these longer than 28 years. What are the longest droughts per franchise in MLB history?

1. Milwaukee Brewers I/St. Louis Browns: 43 (1901-1944)
2. Cleveland Indians: 41 (1954-1995)**
3(tie) Chicago White Sox: 40 (1919-1959)***
3(tie) Philadelphia/K.C./Oakland A's: 40 (1931-1971)
5. Chicago Cubs: 39 (1945-1984)*
6(tie) Philadelphia Phillies: 35 (1915-1950)
6(tie) Washington Senators II/Texas Rangers: 35 (1961-1996)**
8. Boston Braves: 34 (1914-1948)
9. Pittsburgh Pirates: 33 (1927-1960)
10. Washington Senators I/Minnesota Twins: 32 (1933-1965)
11. Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals: 31 (1981-2012)**
12. Kansas City Royals: 28 (and counting) (1985- )**
13. Boston Red Sox: 28 (1918-1946)
14. Milwaukee Brewers II: 26 (1982-2008)**
15. St. Louis Cardinals: 25 (1901-1926)
16. Detroit Tigers: 23 (1945-1968)
17(tie). Cincinnati Reds: 21 (1940-1961)
17(tie). Brooklyn Robins/Dodgers: 21 (1901-1922)
19. Toronto Blue Jays: 20 and counting (1993-)**
20. Baltimore Orioles I/N.Y. Highlanders/Yankees: 20 (1901-1921)
21(tie) Los Angeles/California Angels: 18 (1961-1979)*
21(tie) Seattle Mariners: 18 (1977-1995)**
21(tie). Houston Colt .45s/Astros: 18 (1962-1980)*
24. San Franciso Giants: 16 (1971-1987)*
25. San Diego Padres: 15 (1969-1984)*
26. New York Mets: 13 (1973-1986)*
27. Colorado Rockies: 12 (1995-2007)**
28. Florida/Miami Marlins: 10 and counting (2003-)**
29. Tampa Bay Devil Rays/Rays: 10 (1998-2008)**
30. Arizona Diamondbacks: 5 (2002-2007)**

*Drought included time during divisional play
** Drought included the advent of the Wild Card
*** The drought could be considered 42 years between postseasons in which said participant was trying to win rather than permanently shame the game of baseball.

Yes, at 12 out of 30, the Royals are barely in the second quintile of misery. I can't believe he forgot about a team that broke its drought last year, the two franchises in the city where he lives, the team he was talking about in that sentence (the Pirates), and the team from his hometown (Rangers). You wouldn't think one of those teams' long streak of futility would whisper to him ("Phil, maybe you should go to the Internets and verify this.")

Phil Rogers sucks.

And he's now Carrie Muskat's problem.

Quote3.  Today is my last day at the Tribune after 17 terrific seasons covering Chicago baseball. I will shift to MLB.com as a columnist, based in Chicago. I can never repay the readers who have been so kind to me for such a long time. I've always understood how lucky I was to work for such a great paper in such a great city. Thanks for letting me ride along. I'd also like to thank my fellow baseball reporters, especially Paul Sullivan, Mark Gonzales and the recently retired Dave Van Dyck. It was a pleasure to work alongside such pros, as well as a tremendous crew of editors back at the Tower (none bore more of the brunt through the years than Ken Paxson). Thanks also to the bosses who let me do my thing. I'm not going to be writing for the Tribune but I can assure you I'll still be reading it. Write well, fellows (and you, too, Colleen Kane).

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: September 30, 2013, 12:16:54 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 30, 2013, 10:38:13 AM

QuoteToday is my last day at the Tribune after 17 terrific seasons covering Chicago baseball.

For you, or for us?

QuoteWrite well, fellows

"Always act responsibly." -- Lindsay Lohan
"Be nice to people always." -- Aaron Hernandez
"Never drink and drive." -- Josh Hancock
"Less is more." -- Donald Trump
"I love hearing opinions that are different than mine, it can only make me a better person." -- Al Yellon
"Never fuck your husband's co-workers." -- Cindy Sandberg
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: September 30, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 30, 2013, 12:16:54 PM
Quote from: Brownie on September 30, 2013, 10:38:13 AM

QuoteToday is my last day at the Tribune after 17 terrific seasons covering Chicago baseball.

For you, or for us?

QuoteWrite well, fellows

"Always act responsibly." -- Lindsay Lohan
"Be nice to people always." -- Aaron Hernandez
"Never drink and drive." -- Josh Hancock
"Less is more." -- Donald Trump
"I love hearing opinions that are different than mine, it can only make me a better person." -- Al Yellon
"Never fuck your husband's co-workers." -- Cindy Sandberg

Nice.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: October 03, 2013, 02:15:06 PM »
Bort, after you read this Telander gem and the comments you will never call me a meatball again:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/22933200-419/after-two-seasons-of-theo-cubs-are-no-closer-to-winning-world-series.html
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: October 03, 2013, 02:32:36 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 03, 2013, 02:15:06 PM
Bort, after you read this Telander gem and the comments you will never call me a meatball again:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/22933200-419/after-two-seasons-of-theo-cubs-are-no-closer-to-winning-world-series.html

QuoteIvy League education and sabermetrics and moneyball and all the rest of the tech stuff are now as common as the fantasy general managers plaguing our schools and workplaces.

What in the blue fuck does this even mean?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: October 03, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 03, 2013, 02:32:36 PM

QuoteIvy League education and sabermetrics and moneyball and all the rest of the tech stuff are now as common as the fantasy general managers plaguing our schools and workplaces.

There are as many people with Ivy League degrees working in MLB front offices as there are fantasy football players in America.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: October 03, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 03, 2013, 02:57:56 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 03, 2013, 02:32:36 PM

There are as many people with Ivy League degrees working in MLB front offices as there are fantasy football players in America.

And the fantasy SPORTZ players are dragging down productivity. Ok. But... What does... Oh, my head.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.