News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,164 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 10, 2013, 01:05:46 PM
Quote from: CBStew on October 10, 2013, 12:38:39 PM
From St. Louis Today as seen on Deadspin:

"We're spoiled, really. Watching postseason baseball and experiencing the thrills and the triumphs of October is no longer a privilege in St. Louis. It is a way of life, a part of the cityscape, and a cherished tradition that rarely fails to raise spirits and cause hearts to flutter.

This is St. Louis, the best baseball town in America. This is the home of the Cardinals, an iconic franchise that stands above most others that have occupied a place in our national pastime."

We should nuke them like in Return of the Living Dead.

Without even looking that's gotta be Leitch, no?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: October 10, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 10, 2013, 01:08:17 PM

"We're spoiled, really. Watching postseason baseball and experiencing the thrills and the triumphs of October is no longer a privilege in St. Louis. It is a way of life, a part of the cityscape, and a cherished tradition that rarely fails to raise spirits and cause hearts to flutter.

This is St. Louis, the best baseball town in America. This is the home of the Cardinals, an iconic franchise that stands above most others that have occupied a place in our national pastime."

If it's not, someone finally created the ultimate Sentimental Overwritten Tripebot.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: October 10, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »

I'd wish for this person to die in a tire fire, but since they're Cardinals fans, that's their most likely outcome anyway.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2013, 02:51:25 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 10, 2013, 02:46:23 PM

I'd wish for this person to die in a tire fire meth lab explosion, but since they're Cardinals fans, that's their most likely outcome anyway.

Missourah'd

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2013, 03:26:28 PM »

Oh, good. I definitely hate the Cardinals again.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 10, 2013, 03:26:28 PM

Oh, good. I definitely hate the Cardinals again.

I can't wait until they do one about Heat fans.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: October 10, 2013, 04:40:25 PM »
Rick Reilly ain't going fall in line with you wusses who think the term "Redskins" could be construed as a racial epithet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9689220/redskins-name-change-not-easy-sounds

His own father-in-law, a genuine Elder of the Blackfeet tribe thinks the whole debate is silly.

Oh wait, that's not what he said at all.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2013/10/10/blackfeet-elder-says-rick-reilly-misquoted-him-wants-redskins-banned-151696

Well, that's awkward.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #458 on: October 10, 2013, 08:49:16 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #459 on: October 10, 2013, 10:36:43 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 10, 2013, 08:49:16 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 10, 2013, 07:42:50 PM
After the first goddamned possession.

Fuck you, Chuck.

I still kind of agree with Chuck

The Bears have a mediocre defense, but the team overall is not "shitty".

And they're certainly not "shitty" just because an offense that's averaging over 28 points per game failed to convert once off a turnover.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 10, 2013, 10:36:43 PM

Fuck you, Chuck.

And they're certainly not "shitty" just because an offense that's averaging over 28 points per game failed to convert once off a turnover.

I hate Bears fans. They were down 6 freaking defensive starters by the end of the game tonight and we're mad that they only won by 6. Our quarterback is putting up top ten numbers and easily destroying franchise records and we bitch because some drives stalled and they got fucked by a lame grounding call on what was clearly a screen. The offense is averaging 28 PPG and over 370 YPG but they don't score for whole quarters sometimes so they suck. I hate Bears fans. We don't deserve a Superbowl team if we ever get one.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: October 10, 2013, 11:56:45 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 10, 2013, 11:19:19 PM

Fuck you, Chuck.

I hate Bears fans. They were down 6 freaking defensive starters by the end of the game tonight and we're mad that they only won by 6. Our quarterback is putting up top ten numbers and easily destroying franchise records and we bitch because some drives stalled and they got fucked by a lame grounding call on what was clearly a screen. The offense is averaging 28 PPG and over 370 YPG but they don't score for whole quarters sometimes so they suck. I hate Bears fans. We don't deserve a Superbowl team if we ever get one.

28.7 PPG/369.2 YPG against teams who've otherwise given up a collective 22.9 PPG/346.6 YPG to their non-Bears opponents. The latter being conveniently close to league average.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: October 11, 2013, 12:05:24 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 10, 2013, 11:56:45 PM

Fuck you, Chuck.

28.7 PPG/369.2 YPG against teams who've otherwise given up a collective 22.9 PPG/346.6 YPG to their non-Bears opponents. The latter being conveniently close to league average.

In their first six games of a brand new offense, with four new starters on the offensive line, two of which are rookies.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: October 11, 2013, 08:31:08 AM »

Fuck you, Chuck.

Why are you always talking about franchise records with Cutler?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: October 11, 2013, 08:50:49 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 08:31:08 AM

Fuck you, Chuck.

Why are you always talking about franchise records with Cutler?
Because I always find it irritating that given this franchise' woeful history with QBs the assumption is we can just toss the best one we've ever had and find someone better right away.