News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,265 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #465 on: October 11, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
Also because for all of it's flukiness that 1995 season by Kramer is still a fairly respectable benchmark, and he's set to pass it this year.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #466 on: October 11, 2013, 09:14:26 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 08:50:49 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 08:31:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 10, 2013, 11:19:19 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 10, 2013, 10:36:43 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 10, 2013, 08:49:16 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 10, 2013, 07:42:50 PM
After the first goddamned possession.

Fuck you, Chuck.

I still kind of agree with Chuck

The Bears have a mediocre defense, but the team overall is not "shitty".

And they're certainly not "shitty" just because an offense that's averaging over 28 points per game failed to convert once off a turnover.

I hate Bears fans. They were down 6 freaking defensive starters by the end of the game tonight and we're mad that they only won by 6. Our quarterback is putting up top ten numbers and easily destroying franchise records and we bitch because some drives stalled and they got fucked by a lame grounding call on what was clearly a screen. The offense is averaging 28 PPG and over 370 YPG but they don't score for whole quarters sometimes so they suck. I hate Bears fans. We don't deserve a Superbowl team if we ever get one.

Why are you always talking about franchise records with Cutler?
Because I always find it irritating that given this franchise' woeful history with QBs the assumption is we can just toss the best one we've ever had and find someone better right away.

I understand the general idea. Just seems a bit like a one-eyed-man-in-the-kingdom-of-the-blind thing.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: October 11, 2013, 09:18:27 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 09:14:26 AM

Fuck you, Chuck.

And they're certainly not "shitty" just because an offense that's averaging over 28 points per game failed to convert once off a turnover.

I hate Bears fans. They were down 6 freaking defensive starters by the end of the game tonight and we're mad that they only won by 6. Our quarterback is putting up top ten numbers and easily destroying franchise records and we bitch because some drives stalled and they got fucked by a lame grounding call on what was clearly a screen. The offense is averaging 28 PPG and over 370 YPG but they don't score for whole quarters sometimes so they suck. I hate Bears fans. We don't deserve a Superbowl team if we ever get one.

Because I always find it irritating that given this franchise' woeful history with QBs the assumption is we can just toss the best one we've ever had and find someone better right away.

I understand the general idea. Just seems a bit like a one-eyed-man-in-the-kingdom-of-the-blind thing.
Well, presuming he keeps up his current rate I intend to stick more with the whole "top ten freaking quarterback" thing.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: October 11, 2013, 09:19:01 AM »
Or would that be assuming? I never know when to use presuming.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: October 11, 2013, 09:22:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 09:19:01 AM
Or would that be assuming? I never know when to use presuming.

"Presume" suggests more of an educated guess. So stick with "assume" until you get yourself a blog or something.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #470 on: October 11, 2013, 09:36:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 12:05:24 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 10, 2013, 11:56:45 PM

Fuck you, Chuck.

28.7 PPG/369.2 YPG against teams who've otherwise given up a collective 22.9 PPG/346.6 YPG to their non-Bears opponents. The latter being conveniently close to league average.

In their first six games of a brand new offense, with four new starters on the offensive line, two of which are rookies.

It really doesn't matter if the Bears meet some arbitrary definition of "mediocre" or "elite" - if they get in the playoffs, is there really anyone outside of Denver that they'd be significantly overmatched by? Is anyone outside of Denver elite? This league is a crapshoot. Win ugly, get in the playoffs, and see wha hai.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: October 11, 2013, 09:42:47 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 11, 2013, 09:36:14 AM

Fuck you, Chuck.

28.7 PPG/369.2 YPG against teams who've otherwise given up a collective 22.9 PPG/346.6 YPG to their non-Bears opponents. The latter being conveniently close to league average.

In their first six games of a brand new offense, with four new starters on the offensive line, two of which are rookies.

It really doesn't matter if the Bears meet some arbitrary definition of "mediocre" or "elite" - if they get in the playoffs, is there really anyone outside of Denver that they'd be significantly overmatched by? Is anyone outside of Denver elite? This league is a crapshoot. Win ugly, get in the playoffs, and see wha hai.

Is Denver "elite"?

They're giving up nearly 28 points a game while feasting on the carcasses of the NFC East and AFC West.  I think I'd reserve judgment until their after their upcoming games against the Colts and the Chefs.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: October 11, 2013, 09:43:48 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 11, 2013, 09:42:47 AM

Fuck you, Chuck.

Is Denver "elite"?

They're giving up nearly 28 points a game while feasting on the carcasses of the NFC East and AFC West.  I think I'd reserve judgment until their after their upcoming games against the Colts and the Chefs.

The important thing is that none of us should ever enjoy a win, in case it doesn't matter in the long run. They don't disappoint us enough, we need to make the good days suck, too.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: October 11, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »
I mean hell, for people worrying about the endgame in October it's always worth pointing out that the last two superbowl winning QBs were the DERPface they beat last night and Joe "I Don't Always Throw 5 Interceptions, but When I Do It's Against the Buffalo Bills" Flacco.

In short? I have no fucking clue who will win the Superbowl. I don't care right now, either.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: October 11, 2013, 09:50:49 AM »

Fuck you, Chuck.

Is Denver "elite"?

I think their defense will stop sucking once they get Miller and Bailey back. Also, I refuse to acknowledge the Chiefs are good because that means Hub Arkush was kind of right about something.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: October 11, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 11, 2013, 09:50:49 AM

Fuck you, Chuck.

Is Denver "elite"?

I think their defense will stop sucking once they get Miller and Bailey back. Also, I refuse to acknowledge the Chiefs are good because that means Hub Arkush was kind of right about something.

The Chiefs defense being really good this year does not excuse someone for picking a team quarterbacked by Matt Cassel to go to the Superbowl.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: October 11, 2013, 10:27:37 AM »

Bullshit, he was right about nothing.  He picked the team to go the Super Bowl last year and they went 2-14.  All it took for his "prediction" to look good this year was the complete replacement of the coaching staff, front office and quarterback.  Which makes this pretty much a completely different team.

I concede Hub Arkush NOTHING.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: October 11, 2013, 10:29:55 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 11, 2013, 10:27:37 AM

Bullshit, he was right about nothing.  He picked the team to go the Super Bowl last year and they went 2-14.  All it took for his "prediction" to look good this year was the complete replacement of the coaching staff, front office and quarterback.  Which makes this pretty much a completely different team.

Exactly. It's an entirely different organization this year. If anything, it makes Hub look more ridiculous. Which is cool.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: October 11, 2013, 10:33:22 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 10:29:55 AM
Quote from: CT III on October 11, 2013, 10:27:37 AM

Exactly. It's an entirely different organization this year. If anything, it makes Hub look more ridiculous. Which is cool.

The Chiefs are stacked with young defensive talent, which is comforting since Phil Emery helped to draft most of it. I just fear they actually think Alex Smith is a long-term solution, and that could lead them to wasting a great team in true Chiefs fashion with a couple fo early playoff outs.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: October 11, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 09:14:26 AM

Fuck you, Chuck.

Because SKO is Huey, Jr. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.