News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,223 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 12:06:49 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2013, 10:48:28 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 10:43:37 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 11, 2013, 10:37:50 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 10:33:22 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 10:29:55 AM
Quote from: CT III on October 11, 2013, 10:27:37 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 11, 2013, 09:50:49 AM

I think their defense will stop sucking once they get Miller and Bailey back. Also, I refuse to acknowledge the Chiefs are good because that means Hub Arkush was kind of right about something.

Bullshit, he was right about nothing.  He picked the team to go the Super Bowl last year and they went 2-14.  All it took for his "prediction" to look good this year was the complete replacement of the coaching staff, front office and quarterback.  Which makes this pretty much a completely different team.

I concede Hub Arkush NOTHING.

Exactly. It's an entirely different organization this year. If anything, it makes Hub look more ridiculous. Which is cool.

The Chiefs are stacked with young defensive talent, which is comforting since Phil Emery helped to draft most of it. I just fear they actually think Alex Smith is a long-term solution, and that could lead them to wasting a great team in true Chiefs fashion with a couple fo early playoff outs.

You fear this because why?  Are you actually a Chiefs fan?  Do you want to see the long-suffering fanbase finally get its due?  

I need some more information here.

Pretty much. I know lots of Chiefs fans, living in Bugtussle as I do, and they're easily, in my opinion, one of the least hateable fanbases, and they've had to see their team lose about 700 playoff games, rough estimate, because their previous 49ers Backup QBs-come-franchise-saviors let them down. I think they deserve a break.

This makes sense. I know two Chiefs fans and I've met a handful more. They're actually all pretty good fans. I'm not gay for Andy Reid though. Not in the least. I'm with you on the Philly hate but I associate him with them and Vick.

I like Chiefs fans. Which is weird, because a lot of them are KU fans, who are the absolute worst.
And a handful of them are Cardinals fans, which is just intolerable. But generally your average Chiefs/Royals fan is an acceptable human being. Which is more than I'll grant Bears fans at this point.

When Michael Bush dropped that third-down pass last night I yelled, "Oh, you piece of shit! God damnit!" And people looked at me like *I* had done something wrong. Oh, but let Cutler miss a throw long or out of bounds where nobody could get to it and listen to the boo-birds sing. Fuck.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #496 on: October 11, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2013, 12:09:29 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 12:06:49 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2013, 10:48:28 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 10:43:37 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 11, 2013, 10:37:50 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2013, 10:33:22 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 11, 2013, 10:29:55 AM
Quote from: CT III on October 11, 2013, 10:27:37 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 11, 2013, 09:50:49 AM

I think their defense will stop sucking once they get Miller and Bailey back. Also, I refuse to acknowledge the Chiefs are good because that means Hub Arkush was kind of right about something.

Bullshit, he was right about nothing.  He picked the team to go the Super Bowl last year and they went 2-14.  All it took for his "prediction" to look good this year was the complete replacement of the coaching staff, front office and quarterback.  Which makes this pretty much a completely different team.

I concede Hub Arkush NOTHING.

Exactly. It's an entirely different organization this year. If anything, it makes Hub look more ridiculous. Which is cool.

The Chiefs are stacked with young defensive talent, which is comforting since Phil Emery helped to draft most of it. I just fear they actually think Alex Smith is a long-term solution, and that could lead them to wasting a great team in true Chiefs fashion with a couple fo early playoff outs.

You fear this because why?  Are you actually a Chiefs fan?  Do you want to see the long-suffering fanbase finally get its due?  

I need some more information here.

Pretty much. I know lots of Chiefs fans, living in Bugtussle as I do, and they're easily, in my opinion, one of the least hateable fanbases, and they've had to see their team lose about 700 playoff games, rough estimate, because their previous 49ers Backup QBs-come-franchise-saviors let them down. I think they deserve a break.

This makes sense. I know two Chiefs fans and I've met a handful more. They're actually all pretty good fans. I'm not gay for Andy Reid though. Not in the least. I'm with you on the Philly hate but I associate him with them and Vick.

I like Chiefs fans. Which is weird, because a lot of them are KU fans, who are the absolute worst.
And a handful of them are Cardinals fans, which is just intolerable. But generally your average Chiefs/Royals fan is an acceptable human being. Which is more than I'll grant Bears fans at this point.

When Michael Bush dropped that third-down pass last night I yelled, "Oh, you piece of shit! God damnit!" And people looked at me like *I* had done something wrong. Oh, but let Cutler miss a throw long or out of bounds where nobody could get to it and listen to the boo-birds sing. Fuck.

I agree. CFIHP is terrible.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #497 on: October 14, 2013, 09:18:37 AM »
Extry!  Extry!  Cubs changed forever by game 6 in 2003!  World Exclusive (and breathtaking piece of hackery) by Rick Morrissey!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #498 on: October 14, 2013, 09:43:01 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 14, 2013, 09:18:37 AM
Extry!  Extry!  Cubs changed forever by game 6 in 2003!  World Exclusive (and breathtaking piece of hackery) by Rick Morrissey!

QuoteBut the atmosphere said otherwise. The atmosphere, stoked by 95 years of futility, said calamity was right around the corner. You could feel it in the old ballpark. It had its own gravity.

IT'S THE PLANTS!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #499 on: October 14, 2013, 09:43:44 AM »
Does he get paid for writing?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #500 on: October 14, 2013, 11:00:36 AM »
Extry!  Extry!  Cubs changed forever by game 6 in 2003!  World Exclusive (and breathtaking piece of hackery) by Rick Morrissey!

Sullivan wrote a decent story on it Sunday, in which Grant DePorter takes it on the chin.

As for DePorter, he claims that he and Frank Murtha are regular pals and that he will make Bartman a folk hero. (Note: for the unlistenable thread, too?)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2013, 11:47:26 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 14, 2013, 11:00:36 AM
Extry!  Extry!  Cubs changed forever by game 6 in 2003!  World Exclusive (and breathtaking piece of hackery) by Rick Morrissey!

Sullivan wrote a decent story on it Sunday, in which Grant DePorter takes it on the chin.

As for DePorter, he claims that he and Frank Murtha are regular pals and that he will make Bartman a folk hero. (Note: for the unlistenable thread, too?)

Given WLS' ratings, it's the noonelistenable thread.  WLS's fortunes seem to be as strong as the name behind their call letters.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #502 on: October 14, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 14, 2013, 11:00:36 AM

Really?  Don't put negative energy on Bartman.  Put your negative energy on the ball?  Did the ball seek out Bartman?  If so, then why didn't the ball allow itself to be caught by Bartman?  Why am I even wasting time to write this? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #503 on: October 16, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »
Unreadable because it's BuzzFeed, but if you can stomach that it's pretty funny.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenlewis/21-times-the-simpsons-bizarrely-predicted-the-future
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #504 on: November 05, 2013, 04:49:38 PM »
Headline in today's Sun-Times:

"OLD STYLE FAN BIDS CAN ADEIU"

It must have been one helluva accident.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #505 on: December 04, 2013, 11:19:29 AM »
Phildo's legacy of hard-hitting analysis is in good hands at the Trib.

Quote from: Paul SullivanIn a down year, Konerko ($2.5 mil) had 12 home runs and 54 RBIs in 2013. Ellsbury ($153 mil) had nine home runs and 53 RBIs.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #506 on: December 04, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 04, 2013, 11:19:29 AM

Quote from: Paul SullivanIn a down year, Konerko ($2.5 mil) had 12 home runs and 54 RBIs in 2013. Ellsbury ($153 mil) had nine home runs and 53 RBIs.

nice choice jim

That's atrocious. If I see him today, I'll tell him.

But I do think the Yanks overpaid for Ellsbury.  
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #507 on: December 04, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure he was kidding.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #508 on: December 04, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 04, 2013, 11:22:23 AM
But I do think the Yanks overpaid for Ellsbury.  

Maybe a bit, but not drastically so. And they're the Yankees, so they can get away with it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #509 on: December 04, 2013, 12:54:43 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 04, 2013, 12:45:26 PM

I'm pretty sure he was kidding.

He most definitely was.