News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 196,246 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #570 on: January 08, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »
Quote from: flannj on January 08, 2014, 04:25:43 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 08, 2014, 02:48:36 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 03, 2014, 10:35:26 AM
David Brooks got high a couple times, did poorly on his English presentation. 

Heh.

http://www.garygreenbergonline.com/w/?p=449

That is just brilliant.
Sometimes I just hate my generation (like when reading the Brooks piece) and then there are examples like this that show that not all of us are self important jerks.

You're not human if you don't hate your generation. 

(Not your generation specifically, whatever generation you are a part of.)
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2014, 06:43:39 PM »
My generation ruined Facebook.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 08, 2014, 06:43:39 PM
My generation ruined Facebook.

It was ruined from the get go.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: January 12, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
This is the lead "Cubs" story on ESPNChicago.com, featured right next to a big Cubs logo.

QuoteA Chicago Cubs curse could fit the bill if Texas Rangers fans are looking for something to blame for Derek Holland's knee injury, which likely will keep him out until midseason.

It was Holland's dog, Wrigley, a boxer, who caused the starter to buckle on the stairs of his home and injure his left knee badly enough that he needed arthroscopic surgery Friday morning to repair torn cartilage.

That's the only mention of the Cubs in the entire post.  (Pat Hughes: "I've got some breaking news for you!")  Hats off to hack writer Richard Durrett.

Dick here gets a solid C.  Next time, work Bartman and the goat into it somehow.  Comedy gold.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: January 12, 2014, 04:09:50 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 12, 2014, 11:31:47 AM
This is the lead "Cubs" story on ESPNChicago.com, featured right next to a big Cubs logo.

QuoteA Chicago Cubs curse could fit the bill if Texas Rangers fans are looking for something to blame for Derek Holland's knee injury, which likely will keep him out until midseason.

It was Holland's dog, Wrigley, a boxer, who caused the starter to buckle on the stairs of his home and injure his left knee badly enough that he needed arthroscopic surgery Friday morning to repair torn cartilage.

That's the only mention of the Cubs in the entire post.  (Pat Hughes: "I've got some breaking news for you!")  Hats off to hack writer Richard Durrett.

Dick here gets a solid C.  Next time, work Bartman and the goat into it somehow.  Comedy gold.

Okay.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: January 12, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »

It's probably automated and just feeds in.

Also, who cares?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: January 12, 2014, 09:02:39 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 12, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

It's probably automated and just feeds in.

Also, who cares?

I do.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: January 17, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: January 22, 2014, 11:01:55 AM »
Wanted that hot Richard Sherman take but with more references to being a fan of the Best Team On Earth?

Look no further!

http://t.co/u7TwL4QbUH

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: January 22, 2014, 12:00:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 22, 2014, 11:01:55 AM
Wanted that hot Richard Sherman take but with more references to being a fan of the Best Team On Earth?

Look no further!

Finally.  I've been waiting for someone to tie all this to the St. Louis Cardinals.

QuoteIt's only later, when we start feeling guilty about it, when we start trying to impose real life on sports again, that we start harping on "sportsmanship." It's a card we play when we want to feel superior. Like we're above it all.

But we are so, so not. We are the biggest hypocrites of all. When our team wins over our friend's team, we rub their face in it. Bragging rights are the point. We don't care how our team plays, not really: We just want them to win. We don't hold back. It's when the other guy, the one that just beat us, starts strutting that we get upset. That's when we suddenly start crowing about "sportsmanship."

Good God.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: January 22, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »

Look no further!

QuoteShortly before the decisive Game 5 of the 2013 National League Championship Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Pirates, I, a Cardinals fan, texted my friend Dom Cosentino, a Pirates fan, the following message: "So, hey, good luck tonight. See you on the other side."

The worst.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: January 22, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 22, 2014, 12:44:05 PM

Look no further!

QuoteShortly before the decisive Game 5 of the 2013 National League Championship Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Pirates, I, a Cardinals fan, texted my friend Dom Cosentino, a Pirates fan, the following message: "So, hey, good luck tonight. See you on the other side."

The worst.

Could you imagine receiving that text? What a smug piece of shit.

You don't fucking text that shit to a friend, if he's really your friend.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: January 22, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 22, 2014, 01:06:52 PM

Look no further!

The worst.

He gave the proper response.

Dom, then a Deadspin editor and now a Jets beat reporter for NJ.com (he broke that Kellen Winslow story last week), responded thusly: "Go f--- yourself." He even wrote a post about it. Everybody loved it.

I think everyone loved the idea of being able to text Emo Boy and telling him to go fuck himself.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: January 22, 2014, 02:32:03 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 22, 2014, 01:26:23 PM

Look no further!

The worst.

Dom, then a Deadspin editor and now a Jets beat reporter for NJ.com (he broke that Kellen Winslow story last week), responded thusly: "Go f--- yourself." He even wrote a post about it. Everybody loved it.

I think everyone loved the idea of being able to text Emo Boy and telling him to go fuck himself.

He also seems to think that the Cardinal hate that showed up on the blogosphere last October was a one-off and that they aren't turning into the hilljack Yankees of Satanville.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: January 22, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 22, 2014, 01:26:23 PM

Look no further!

The worst.

I'm just glad to be able to do so to you.

*texts "go fuck yourself" to Fork*
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs