News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 175,439 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread
« Reply #1425 on: July 11, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 11, 2010, 10:37:44 PM
Quote from: Yeti on July 11, 2010, 10:02:15 PM
Dunno if you morans are paying attention, but Comcast is replaying the playoffs over the break. I have them all set to record, but I may have to delete some. It looks like they are only showing the wins for the Western Conference playoffs and all of the Stanley Cup games. So far, I have the first three wins of the Nashville series, so there are plenty more to see. Each game is 150 minutes (Game 5 of that series is 180 minutes). I have about 42% of my DVR full so there's no way I'll be able to keep them all.

Watched the end of Game 5 of the Nashville series this evening...sweet.

That's the one I've been really wanting to see

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1426 on: July 12, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 11, 2010, 10:44:22 PM
Dunno if you morans are paying attention, but Comcast is replaying the playoffs over the break. I have them all set to record, but I may have to delete some. It looks like they are only showing the wins for the Western Conference playoffs and all of the Stanley Cup games. So far, I have the first three wins of the Nashville series, so there are plenty more to see. Each game is 150 minutes (Game 5 of that series is 180 minutes). I have about 42% of my DVR full so there's no way I'll be able to keep them all.

Quick tip: Marian Hossa is a dude, not a 12-year-old girl.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1427 on: July 12, 2010, 08:17:51 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 12, 2010, 08:06:45 AM
Quote from: Yeti on July 11, 2010, 10:44:22 PM

Quick tip: Marian Hossa is a dude, not a 12-year-old girl.

He sure gets on his knees like I'd want though.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1428 on: July 12, 2010, 02:00:18 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1431 on: July 12, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 12, 2010, 02:00:18 PM
Hjammer to stay:

http://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks

Does this mean that Niemi is likely gone? And that their defense is stout enough that they can enlist a common Yeti to mind the net this season while they develop a long-term replacement within the system? Or is it something something about something something afoot here?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1432 on: July 12, 2010, 02:50:41 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 12, 2010, 02:46:06 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 12, 2010, 02:00:18 PM
Hjammer to stay:

http://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks

Does this mean that Niemi is likely gone? And that their defense is stout enough that they can enlist a common Yeti to mind the net this season while they develop a long-term replacement within the system? Or is it something something about something something afoot here?

They may move someone to accommodate Antti. I guess some of the young D-men have looked good in camp but they were playing against other youngsters. So who knows.

Rumors are swirling about Campbell getting moved now. I have no idea for whom but it won't be anyone good.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1433 on: July 12, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 12, 2010, 02:50:41 PM
Rumors are swirling about Campbell getting moved now. I have no idea for whom but it won't be anyone good.

Dear god, more of these?  There's no point to moving Campbell now.  Hjammer's a nice player, but part of the reason he's so valuable is that his game complements Campbell's.  Trading Soup now would re-open the hole at defense that you just prevented by matching Hjlamersson's offer (unless you think you can get a quality puck moving d-man in return).

The only reason to trade Campbell would have been to do it early on in an attempt to open salary space to keep Versteeg, Buff or Ladd around.  Campbell's a lot more important to what this team does than Niemi is. 

Bring on the Turco rumors.

*shudder*

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1434 on: July 12, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 12, 2010, 03:02:01 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 12, 2010, 02:50:41 PM

Dear god, more of these?  There's no point to moving Campbell now.  Hjammer's a nice player, but part of the reason he's so valuable is that his game complements Campbell's.  Trading Soup now would re-open the hole at defense that you just prevented by matching Hjlamersson's offer (unless you think you can get a quality puck moving d-man in return).

The only reason to trade Campbell would have been to do it early on in an attempt to open salary space to keep Versteeg, Buff or Ladd around.  Campbell's a lot more important to what this team does than Niemi is. 

Bring on the Turco rumors.

*shudder*

They're just rumors. I don't read much into them.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1435 on: July 12, 2010, 04:05:27 PM »
OK, so help the uninitiated out.

Let's say the Hawks have to dump so much this year that they simply don't have the roster to compete to retain the Cup.  How fixable is this down the road?  Will they be capped for the next three years or is this one year pain-long term gain?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1436 on: July 12, 2010, 04:44:28 PM »
Times like these I find myself hating Twitter. These Sharp and Campbell rumors are fucking basement dickheads asking beat reporters if they've heard about any trades involving Sharp or Campbell. And then it takes off from there.

Jesus, just ditch Niemi if he wants too much money and sign a cheaper goalie. The Hawks didn't give up enough shots and Niemi isn't anything special to warrant a massive contract. Sorry. I've said it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1437 on: July 12, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 12, 2010, 04:05:27 PM
OK, so help the uninitiated out.

Let's say the Hawks have to dump so much this year that they simply don't have the roster to compete to retain the Cup.  How fixable is this down the road?  Will they be capped for the next three years or is this one year pain-long term gain?

One of the big issues this season is the $4MM+ hit they take on performance bonuses rolling over from last season, thanks in no small part to winning the Stanley Cup while Kane and Toews were still on their top-tier entry-level contracts.

Unlike ongoing salary obligations, though, this is a one-time penalty. And, as Fork likes to point out, it automatically gives them a bit of a tagging cushion for locking up Seabrook for the future. (Of course, it's also the sort of thing that I suppose could be repeated with other entry-level contracts going forward, depending on the bonuses doled out to the likes of Kyle Beach.)

(Then, too, there's the prospect of renegotiating the CBA. The current CBA is now set to expire, I believe, ahead of the 2012-13 season, so who knows what the story will be past that point.)

That aside, this is a similar problem to what the Red Wings and Penguins have had to deal with. It's bound to be a continuing concern, yeah. As is inevitable for a successful team with talented players that's spending right up to the cap.

But it's not necessarily a continuing problem unless they stop acquiring and developing prospects alongside the core of Keith-Toews-Kane-Hossa-and-maybe-soon-Seabrook that they've already got locked into place.

Regardless, even if they won't have quite the depth as last season, and even if I there wind up being some serious goalie concerns, no one serious is writing off the team they'll be fielding. I don't really expect a year of pain ahead.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1438 on: July 12, 2010, 05:12:05 PM »
So Kyle Beach is already destroying everyone at camp. Here's one example. There are plenty of others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCg04RlbRhs&feature=related

Oh boy. He just set back Norwegian hockey 30 years.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1439 on: July 12, 2010, 05:17:36 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 12, 2010, 05:12:05 PM
So Kyle Beach is already destroying everyone at camp. Here's one example. There are plenty of others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCg04RlbRhs&feature=related

Oh boy. He just set back Norwegian hockey 30 years.

Aren't you supposed to wait for the other guy to drop his gloves and stick before you start punching?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.