News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread  ( 62,694 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

This weekend at the Hawks' Convention, Bobby Hull went on a rant about how overrated he thought Jacques Plante was. Basically, with guys like Beliveau, the Richards, Cornouyer, Harvey, etc. in front of him, he had plenty of time to stand in the net and knit caps and figure out masks.

He also said he could have put a catching glove on his mother and she could have won the Stanley Cup.

Sounds like he was talking about Niemi.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Insert Swiss cheese joke here.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on August 23, 2010, 02:37:31 PM

I assume this last bit is not accurate:

QuoteAccording to a report on the Swiss site 20 Minutes Online, Cristobal Huet will be loaned to Fribourg-Gotteron for the 2010-11 season by the Chicago Blackhawks. Loaning Huet will save the Blackhawks over $5 million.

Or at least an incomplete sentence.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 23, 2010, 02:50:45 PM

QuoteAccording to a report on the Swiss site 20 Minutes Online, Cristobal Huet will be loaned to Fribourg-Gotteron for the 2010-11 season by the Chicago Blackhawks. Loaning Huet will save the Blackhawks over $5 million.

I wonder if the CBA permits a foreign club to pay money to an NHL team to defer payment of the contract?  Admittedly, I have no idea.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 23, 2010, 03:17:44 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 23, 2010, 02:50:45 PM

I wonder if the CBA permits a foreign club to pay money to an NHL team to defer payment of the contract?  Admittedly, I have no idea.

The Hawks are eating the whole thing, from what I understand, meaning Rocky Wirtz will remain destitute.

If the Swiss team gave any money to the Hawks, the NHL would be under too much pressure to refuse the transaction.

The NHL even said today, this is the equivalent of the Hawks sending Huet to Rockford.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2010, 11:12:24 PM »
So, how long till we start an Igor Makarov splooge thread?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 19, 2010, 11:12:24 PM

He's sure to be the greatest Russian player in the history of the Blackhawk franchise.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2010, 11:39:24 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 19, 2010, 11:22:36 PM

He's sure to be the greatest Russian player in the history of the Blackhawk franchise.

And somewhere...in the ether...Boris Mironov sheds a tear.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2010, 01:00:21 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 19, 2010, 11:39:24 PM
Quote from: CT III on September 19, 2010, 11:22:36 PM

And somewhere...in the ether...Boris Mironov sheds a tear.

Hey! Someone get Fleury out of Boris' ether!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2010, 07:41:53 AM »

I'd hold off. He's pretty jittery anytime anyone comes at him. Once he shows he can take a hit and not cough up the puck I'll be there with you.

Now Jeremy Morin - I'm already putting on the Barry White to set the mood for the splooge on that kid.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2010, 08:09:16 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 20, 2010, 07:41:53 AM
Now Jeremy Morin - I'm already putting on the Barry White to set the mood for the splooge on that kid.

USA! USA! USA!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2010, 08:36:38 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 20, 2010, 08:09:16 AM

UISA! UISA! UISA!

Meme'd

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »

I'd hold off. He's pretty jittery anytime anyone comes at him. Once he shows he can take a hit and not cough up the puck I'll be there with you.

He somehow made the Hawks roster in my NHL 11 dynasty (I'm not the Hawks - too easy) despite his low rating. Seems he's destined for great things in Nerdland.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2010, 08:47:47 AM

He somehow made the Hawks roster in my NHL 11 dynasty (I'm not the Hawks - too easy) despi.te his low rating. Seems he's destined for great things in Nerdland.

I'm still waiting on the first updated rosters.  Until then, I've been biding my time playing AHL and QMJHL games.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 20, 2010, 09:04:18 AM
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2010, 08:47:47 AM

He somehow made the Hawks roster in my NHL 11 dynasty (I'm not the Hawks - too easy) despi.te his low rating. Seems he's destined for great things in Nerdland.

I'm still waiting on the first updated rosters.  Until then, I've been biding my time playing AHL and QMJHL games.

I was going to wait, but fuck it. Sending players to juniors before 10 games played is a new kind of bonar. Way too much fun looking at rosters in this game. The salary page has to be seen to be believed.