News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread  ( 62,695 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on January 04, 2011, 08:25:55 AM

Jonathan Toews has 20 pound steel balls.

And Brent Seabrook forgot what a contract year is.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I watched a bunch of that 24/7 on HBO last night and I loved it. I had no idea the players were expected to drop that many F-bombs on the officials during games. I'm not sure there are cooler people in the world than hockey players and coaches. They're just so cool and calm until the games start and then **BLAMMO** FUCKFUCKCFUCKFUCKFUCK. Even the foreign dudes only seem to know one English word by heart. I need some real seats to a game sometime very soon.

Fuckin' amazing.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
DPD: The Penguins coach seems like a total douchenugget. Crosby seems a lot cooler than I thought. Still, fuck them.

And the official who was mic'd up in the game I saw, the matchup before the WC, that dude was incredible. These dudes were screaming in his face and he just calmly, sternly and resolutely told them what the call was and skated away about his business. Can you imagine MLB Umps taking that much shit? They'd be running into the dugout looking for bats to swing at any player who went that ballistic over some random call. Remember Cutler getting flagged for UC during the Eagles game? He was 15 yards away from the ref who threw the flag. That wouldn't even ruffle a feather in the NHL.

Why isn't this sport more popular?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 04, 2011, 09:42:59 AM
DPD: The Penguins coach seems like a total douchenugget. Crosby seems a lot cooler than I thought. Still, fuck them.

And the official who was mic'd up in the game I saw, the matchup before the WC, that dude was incredible. These dudes were screaming in his face and he just calmly, sternly and resolutely told them what the call was and skated away about his business. Can you imagine MLB Umps taking that much shit? They'd be running into the dugout looking for bats to swing at any player who went that ballistic over some random call. Remember Cutler getting flagged for UC during the Eagles game? He was 15 yards away from the ref who threw the flag. That wouldn't even ruffle a feather in the NHL.

Its games are on a network most people associate with rodeo; many people don't know the rules of the game; most can't identify what country or continent a large portion of its players are from (either in general or on a map); and many people just figure that Canada is too fucking weird.

Can't say I disagree with that last part.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 04, 2011, 09:42:59 AM

Even better was the ref who moved the net away from the fight so the players had more room.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Good to have the Captain back.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Stalberg should consider going pro in H-O-R-S-E.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
And somebody should consider killing a fucking penalty.

FrankS

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Good thing the Hawks got it done last year because it doesn't look like they are even making the playoffs at this point.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on January 05, 2011, 10:24:55 PM
And somebody should consider killing a fucking penalty.

I kept thinking tonight that I'd much rather they have a shutdown PK and a mediocre power play than the reverse.

Quote from: FrankS on January 05, 2011, 10:34:27 PM
Good thing the Hawks got it done last year because it doesn't look like they are even making the playoffs at this point.

Way too early for that kind of talk. Especially when 4 points is all that separates 4th place in the West from 13th at the halfway pole.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Rumors out of T.O. are that Skille was scratched last night because he's heading up that way. Let's see how it plays out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

FrankS

• Sam Fuld Fan Club

Way too early for that kind of talk. Especially when 4 points is all that separates 4th place in the West from 13th at the halfway pole.
[/quote]

I suppose, but the Hawks have played more games than most of those other teams. I haven't been able to watch many games, but from what I have observed they don't appear to have the killer instinct this year.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: FrankS on January 06, 2011, 10:49:02 PM

I suppose, but the Hawks have played more games than most of those other teams. I haven't been able to watch many games, but from what I have observed they don't appear to have the penalty killer instinct this year.
[/quote]
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Definitely spotted a dude in a John Scott jersey at the UC tonight.

Black alternate (non-throwback).

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 12, 2011, 11:59:07 PM
Definitely spotted a dude in a John Scott jersey at the UC tonight.

Black alternate (non-throwback).

In the press box?
TIME TO POST!