News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck Zorp You Stathead Turds  ( 79,081 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck Zorp You Stathead Faggots
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2012, 04:16:08 PM »

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2012, 03:44:21 PM »
It was bad enough when Nate Silver ruined baseball by forcing all of us to gargle the balls of sabermetrics. Now he has to ruin GUT FEELING, unskewed political predictions too?!

Quote"If you tell me you think you can quantify an event that is about to happen that you don`t expect, like the 47 percent comment or a debate performance, I think you think you are a wizard. That`s not possible," Times columnist David Brooks, a moderate conservative, said on PBS earlier this month. "The pollsters tell us what`s happening now. When they start projecting, they`re getting into silly land."

Quote"Nate Silver says this is a 73.6 percent chance that the president is going to win? Nobody in that campaign thinks they have a 73 percent chance — they think they have a 50.1 percent chance of winning. And you talk to the Romney people, it's the same thing," Scarborough said. "Both sides understand that it is close, and it could go either way. And anybody that thinks that this race is anything but a tossup right now is such an ideologue, they should be kept away from typewriters, computers, laptops and microphones for the next 10 days, because they're jokes."

QuoteNate Silver is a man of very small stature, a thin and effeminate man with a soft-sounding voice that sounds almost exactly like the "Mr. New Castrati" voice used by Rush Limbaugh on his program. In fact, Silver could easily be the poster child for the New Castrati in both image and sound. Nate Silver, like most liberal and leftist celebrities and favorites, might be of average intelligence but is surely not the genius he's made out to be. His political analyses are average at best and his projections, at least this year, are extremely biased in favor of the Democrats.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2012, 03:59:45 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 29, 2012, 03:44:21 PM
It was bad enough when Nate Silver ruined baseball by forcing all of us to gargle the balls of sabermetrics. Now he has to ruin GUT FEELING, unskewed political predictions too?!

Quote"If you tell me you think you can quantify an event that is about to happen that you don`t expect, like the 47 percent comment or a debate performance, I think you think you are a wizard. That`s not possible," Times columnist David Brooks, a moderate conservative, said on PBS earlier this month. "The pollsters tell us what`s happening now. When they start projecting, they`re getting into silly land."

Quote"Nate Silver says this is a 73.6 percent chance that the president is going to win? Nobody in that campaign thinks they have a 73 percent chance — they think they have a 50.1 percent chance of winning. And you talk to the Romney people, it's the same thing," Scarborough said. "Both sides understand that it is close, and it could go either way. And anybody that thinks that this race is anything but a tossup right now is such an ideologue, they should be kept away from typewriters, computers, laptops and microphones for the next 10 days, because they're jokes."

QuoteNate Silver is a man of very small stature, a thin and effeminate man with a soft-sounding voice that sounds almost exactly like the "Mr. New Castrati" voice used by Rush Limbaugh on his program. In fact, Silver could easily be the poster child for the New Castrati in both image and sound. Nate Silver, like most liberal and leftist celebrities and favorites, might be of average intelligence but is surely not the genius he's made out to be. His political analyses are average at best and his projections, at least this year, are extremely biased in favor of the Democrats.

Post your (small) picture, Romeo.

The final author in question:
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2012, 04:40:26 PM »
I'm optimistic for Romney, and I think projecting this election is problematic as patterns of people have changed significantly over the past 12, 8 and even 4 years. For example, just 1 in 10 people respond to pollsters. It used to be 1 in 3. We all know about cellphones vs. landlines. I've been getting Congressional pollsters polling me on people outside my district. I tell them these candidates are not going to be on my ballot, and they continue polling anyway. Thus, I think Nate's going to have a more difficult time than before.

However, he was dead-on in 2008. And while he has his biases, etc., he's very transparent about them and very transparent about his methodology. Ignore him at your peril. He has Romney at a 25% chance. Given what Silver has to work with, it wouldn't be a shocker to see Romney win.

Question I'd have for Silver -- is there any way to research polling numbers from 2004, 2000, 1996 and 1992 and project what the projections would have been at that time? I think it would be interesting and shine a clearer light on how good his model is.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »

After (before?) you died, this all went down on Thrill's FB feed.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2012, 05:11:59 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 29, 2012, 04:40:26 PM
He has Romney at a 25% chance. Given what Silver has to work with, it wouldn't be a shocker to see Romney win.

Yeah... As commanding as a 75-25 leads may intuitively sound, as I saw someone point out somewhere else recently (possibly in the comments to a post over here), a 25% chance of winning is equivalent to the odds of flipping a coin twice and it coming up heads on both flips. I.e., not totally outlandish.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2012, 07:46:13 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 29, 2012, 03:59:45 PM

"The only thing I'm doing is weighting."

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »

Really?  You hoopleheads bolded the wizard part and didn't go with this?

Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 29, 2012, 04:40:26 PM
I'm optimistic for Romney, and I think projecting this election is problematic as patterns of people have changed significantly over the past 12, 8 and even 4 years. For example, just 1 in 10 people respond to pollsters. It used to be 1 in 3. We all know about cellphones vs. landlines. I've been getting Congressional pollsters polling me on people outside my district. I tell them these candidates are not going to be on my ballot, and they continue polling anyway. Thus, I think Nate's going to have a more difficult time than before.

However, he was dead-on in 2008. And while he has his biases, etc., he's very transparent about them and very transparent about his methodology. Ignore him at your peril. He has Romney at a 25% chance. Given what Silver has to work with, it wouldn't be a shocker to see Romney win.

Question I'd have for Silver -- is there any way to research polling numbers from 2004, 2000, 1996 and 1992 and project what the projections would have been at that time? I think it would be interesting and shine a clearer light on how good his model is.

You're the only person in America who actually like Mitt Romney, including Mitt Romney.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on October 29, 2012, 08:01:45 PM

Really?  You hoopleheads bolded the wizard part and didn't go with this?

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!