News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Official 72 Wins Ain't Gonna Hai in Miami 2010-2011 NBA Thread  ( 39,940 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Official 72 Wins Ain't Gonna Hai in Miami 2010-2011 NBA Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 03:02:14 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 02:49:08 PM
You guys can't just make up teams and root for them. Heh, Thunder. Nice. Ok, my new favorite team is the Kentuck Blue Grass or maybe the Toronto Teeth. No, scratch that. I'm going all in for the Saskatchewan Small Pox Infected Blankets.

Now of the teams that currently exist, I'm still leaning toward Miami. LeBron, like my former hero, Patrick Ewing, is on a mission from gord. Only, he probably won't fail. So, I owe myself a little bandwagon jumping to make up for my Quioxtic and ill-spent youth. Yay?

You jumping on the Heat bandwagon would be an excellent addition to your already retarded pro basketball fandom.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 28, 2010, 03:02:14 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 02:49:08 PM
You guys can't just make up teams and root for them. Heh, Thunder. Nice. Ok, my new favorite team is the Kentuck Blue Grass or maybe the Toronto Teeth. No, scratch that. I'm going all in for the Saskatchewan Small Pox Infected Blankets.

Now of the teams that currently exist, I'm still leaning toward Miami. LeBron, like my former hero, Patrick Ewing, is on a mission from gord. Only, he probably won't fail. So, I owe myself a little bandwagon jumping to make up for my Quioxtic and ill-spent youth. Yay?

You jumping on the Heat bandwagon would be an excellent addition to your already retarded pro basketball fandom.

Perfect. Although I expect that my involvement in said bandwagon will consist of about 10 games watched per season (eight of which will be playoff games). No gear or memorabilia would be purchased or worn and a strong feeling of meh would be permeating the entire experience. So, I've got that to look forward to. Go Heat.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 28, 2010, 02:19:36 PM
If there was a Thunder of baseball, I would already have left.

You have to stop setting yourself up like that.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 28, 2010, 11:03:51 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 10:48:55 AM
Ok. I'm somewhat sort of interested in the NBA this season. I don't have a team to root for but I'm starting to appreciate the play on the court more than before. I refuse to watch an actual game start to finish. But I'm out of my doldrums and ready to re-up. I'll let you know when I find a team to support and get all asshurt about. Right now I'm leaning toward Miami because I'm a HUGE Pat Riley fan and also fuck you.

If you're allowing yourself to just pick a team to root for, I'd go with the Thunder.  They're young, awesome and they play in one of the greatest cities in the world!

If you're starting from scratch, you pretty much have to go Thunder.

Me and all the other Thunder diehards don't want you on our bandwagon.  Or James Harden.  Unless he grows out a tight little 'fro and keeps the headband.  Otherwise, he and all the other people can take a hike!  We diehards were here in the beginning and we'll here 'til the end.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 05:08:54 PM »
I say fuck the Thunder.  Fuck them for being America's sweethearts all of a sudden even though they were the Sonics three years ago.  Fuck Thabo for being a french guy who used to have cornrows.  Fuck Nenad Kristic and his hard to look at face.  Fuck Kevin Durant for playing up the 'humble down to earth' card.  Pick up a dumbell, Calista.  Fuck Oklahoma in general and their 2010 marketing campaign, "We're really only great because the Blazers fucked up*."  They're the basketball Tampa Bay Rays.  We get it, you were awful for forever and now you've had enough top five draft picks to get lucky a couple times and now the world loves you because you're small and gritty and not the Yankees or Lakers or Heat.  Go to hell.

*yeah, yeah, I know.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 05:44:50 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on October 28, 2010, 05:08:54 PM
I say fuck the Thunder.  Fuck them for being America's sweethearts all of a sudden even though they were the Sonics three years ago.  Fuck Thabo for being a french guy who used to have cornrows.  Fuck Nenad Kristic and his hard to look at face.  Fuck Kevin Durant for playing up the 'humble down to earth' card.  Pick up a dumbell, Calista.  Fuck Oklahoma in general and their 2010 marketing campaign, "We're really only great because the Blazers fucked up*."  They're the basketball Tampa Bay Rays.  We get it, you were awful for forever and now you've had enough top five draft picks to get lucky a couple times and now the world loves you because you're small and gritty and not the Yankees or Lakers or Heat.  Go to hell.

*yeah, yeah, I know.

The Bulls had a lot of top draft picks for a while too.

All of those guys now play reasonably poorly for other teams.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 07:27:09 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 28, 2010, 05:44:50 PM
The Bulls had a lot of top draft picks for a while too.

All of those guys now play reasonably poorly for other teams.

Hey, hey, hey. Hey! Marcus Fizer is playing QUITE well for the Guaynabo Mets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 28, 2010, 10:42:58 AM
Yep.  28 points on 31 shots is abysmal.  I love Derrick, but until he learns how to get to the free throw line (or actually improves at three-pointers), he's not going to break through and get to that tier-one-elite-level-star category that I just made up right now.

Rose, after reading this post on here the other day, goes for 39 points while hitting 10-of-13 free throws and 3-of-7 three-pointers.

That'll do.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »
Quote from: JD on October 28, 2010, 05:04:54 PM
Ok. I'm somewhat sort of interested in the NBA this season. I don't have a team to root for but I'm starting to appreciate the play on the court more than before. I refuse to watch an actual game start to finish. But I'm out of my doldrums and ready to re-up. I'll let you know when I find a team to support and get all asshurt about. Right now I'm leaning toward Miami because I'm a HUGE Pat Riley fan and also fuck you.

If you're allowing yourself to just pick a team to root for, I'd go with the Thunder.  They're young, awesome and they play in one of the greatest cities in the world!

Me and all the other Thunder diehards don't want you on our bandwagon.  Or James Harden.  Unless he grows out a tight little 'fro and keeps the headband.  Otherwise, he and all the other people can take a hike!  We diehards were here in the beginning and we'll here 'til the end.

I spent about 4 hours in a jail outside of Oklahoma City (Canadian County) once in 1996.  Can I hop on the bandwagon?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 10:22:46 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 12, 2010, 08:16:01 AM

I spent about 4 hours in a jail outside of Oklahoma City (Canadian County) once in 1996.  Can I hop on the bandwagon?

Why did they release you?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 10:38:24 AM »
The Heat are on pace for 46 wins, Apex's beloved Knicks are on pace for 31, Noah is leading the league in rebounding, Rose is averaging 24 and 10, Deng is hitting 43% of his threes, and Boozer will be ready to go in a few weeks. All is well.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 05:53:23 PM »

Nah, I'm pretty sure the bandwagon is much too high for your hopping range.  I'll let you use the steps with the women and children.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:57 AM »
Quote from: JD on November 12, 2010, 05:53:23 PM

Nah, I'm pretty sure the bandwagon is much too high for your hopping range.  I'll let you use the steps with the women and children.

Shit, mother fucker.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »
DPD.

This will probably surprise no one.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 29, 2010, 02:26:37 PM
DPD.

This will probably surprise no one.

Huffington Post, THE place for the latest sports news.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?