News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: How I met your mother (really)  ( 23,290 )

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: How I met your mother (really)
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2007, 07:49:01 AM »
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2007, 08:46:07 AM »

(cubicle ovation)

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2008, 12:01:35 PM »
Alright, I'll do it.

Slaky commented in the Office thread about Will Forte's guest spot.  Here's my favorite moment from his performance:

Forte plays a really nerdy, eager guy that gets a shot at being Barney's wingman.  Standing at the bar trying to talk to a girl after several failed attempts in the evening, Forte seems to being doing OK.  Then:

Girl:  Oh my God!  Your nose is bleeding.
Forte:  Oh, that always happens when I get an erection.

This show is consistently funny.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on May 19, 2008, 12:01:35 PM
Alright, I'll do it.

Slaky commented in the Office thread about Will Forte's guest spot.  Here's my favorite moment from his performance:

Forte plays a really nerdy, eager guy that gets a shot at being Barney's wingman.  Standing at the bar trying to talk to a girl after several failed attempts in the evening, Forte seems to being doing OK.  Then:

Girl: What is your favorite thing about koala bears?

Forte: The taste... Their meat is delicious.

I fucked it up the first time.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on May 19, 2008, 12:13:19 PM
Alright, I'll do it.

Forte: The taste...

Ok, I might have to check out this past season.  That sounds pretty funny.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2008, 12:23:26 PM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on May 19, 2008, 12:14:44 PM
Alright, I'll do it.

Last week's episode actually sucked. The first time I can really say that about one of their shows. I'm going to blame it on the Britney factor. She's a terrible actress.

But other than that I get some solid laughs every week and Barney is just excellent.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on May 19, 2008, 12:23:26 PM
Quote from: Three times a JD on May 19, 2008, 12:14:44 PM
Alright, I'll do it.

Last week's episode actually sucked. The first time I can really say that about one of their shows. I'm going to blame it on the Britney factor. She's a terrible actress.

But other than that I get some solid laughs every week and Barney is just excellent.

The show isn't outstanding, but recording it and watching it when nothing better is on and I'm lazy, it's always worth some laughs.  Britney did ruin that last episode....and she looked particularly nasty.  Blech.  The only bad thing is that after seeing Forgetting Sarah Marshall I'm going to have flashbacks of Jason Segel's shmeegal everytime he's on camera.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2008, 02:50:31 PM »

I'm glad they brought back Robin Sparkles, even if it meant having John Tesh Jr. Van Der Beek on the show.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2008, 10:24:52 AM »
I'm really conflicted on this. I watched the first season over the past few days and absolutely love NPH's character. That said, I'm not sure that his presence can make up for the other two guys who happen to be complete and total pussies. If you were to replace Lisa Kudrow in "Friends" with NPH, you'd just have a less lame version of "Friends."

But now I've committed all of this time and I don't want it to go to waste, so I don't know if I should call it quits or hope that the show gets better (e.g. more Barney in the second and third seasons). See what's happening here? The mere act of watching this show about pussified males and their decisions whether or not to invest more time in their relationships has turned me in to a pussified male that's weighing his own decision to invest more time into this relationship. How fucking meta. I should probably go read TDubbs' four-letter site post and peep some RedTube.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on May 22, 2008, 10:24:52 AM
I'm really conflicted on this. I watched the first season over the past few days and absolutely love NPH's character. That said, I'm not sure that his presence can make up for the other two guys who happen to be complete and total pussies. If you were to replace Lisa Kudrow in "Friends" with NPH, you'd just have a less lame version of "Friends."

But now I've committed all of this time and I don't want it to go to waste, so I don't know if I should call it quits or hope that the show gets better (e.g. more Barney in the second and third seasons). See what's happening here? The mere act of watching this show about pussified males and their decisions whether or not to invest more time in their relationships has turned me in to a pussified male that's weighing his own decision to invest more time into this relationship. How fucking meta. I should probably go read TDubbs' four-letter site post and peep some RedTube.

There is an obvious shift at some point to make the other two (Ted and Marshall, especially Ted) less pussieish.  It's an obvious shift in direction that you'll notice.  I believe you'll have to suffer through a few really syrupy episodes, but overall it gets better, and funnier.  I've found more laugh out loud moments on this show then just about any other of recent memory.  Not cutesy funny, but "I need to rewind that because I was laughing so hard" funnny

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2008, 10:55:02 AM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on May 22, 2008, 10:40:56 AM

There is an obvious shift at some point to make the other two (Ted and Marshall, especially Ted) less pussieish.  It's an obvious shift in direction that you'll notice.  I believe you'll have to suffer through a few really syrupy episodes, but overall it gets better, and funnier.  I've found more laugh out loud moments on this show then just about any other of recent memory.  Not cutesy funny, but "I need to rewind that because I was laughing so hard" funnny

it's true, the show really hits its stride around the time of the first Robin Sparkles episode, with the Slap bet.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on May 22, 2008, 10:55:02 AM

it's true, the show really hits its stride around the time of the first Robin Sparkles episode, with the Slap bet.

crud, that's around the time I started missing about every episode.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on May 22, 2008, 11:02:00 AM

I'd say the show is better than 13 Going on 30, but not as good as Catch and Release
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2008, 11:46:22 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on May 22, 2008, 11:32:32 AM

I'd say the show is better than 13 Going on 30, but not as good as Catch and Release

You are one macho motherfucker.  Far be it for anyone to read, write, view or produce any entertainment that depicts a man doing anyting other than fucking the shit out of some bar skank whose name he doesn't know.

Oh, and I haven't seen Catch and Release yet.  Is it any good?

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on May 22, 2008, 11:46:22 AM
Quote from: TDubbs on May 22, 2008, 11:32:32 AM

You are one macho motherfucker.  Far be it for anyone to read, write, view or produce any entertainment that depicts a man doing anyting other than fucking the shit out of some bar skank whose name he doesn't know.

Oh, and I haven't seen Catch and Release yet.  Is it any good?

Are you serious?  I watch this show and DVR it every week.  I think it is a great show.  I also, have been known to use sarcasm. 

Catch and Release is decent.  Timothy Olyphant steals the screen
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!