News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 175,837 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on October 16, 2009, 12:41:23 PM
The schedule sets up pretty favorably with a lot of home games while he is out. 

The last 2 weeks of January is a massive nutcrunch, so it balances out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on October 16, 2009, 12:35:05 PM
Quote from: Fork on October 16, 2009, 11:37:15 AM
Quote from: MAD on October 16, 2009, 10:12:29 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 16, 2009, 08:18:33 AM
Quote from: Reuschels_Jowls on October 16, 2009, 12:24:59 AM
At least Khabi had some playoff success, which is more than could be said for the other two.

[/Seeking to head off the kvetching and the obligatory parallels being drawn to the DeRosa situation when Havlat gets his inevitable standing ovation at the UC in a couple weeks with the Wild, since the two situations are not really that similar].

On a separate note, Versteeg has improved at the hockee. And he was already damned good last year.

He got booed at the UC in preseason.

Neither of those responses are acceptable.

Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 16, 2009, 12:32:49 AM
Again, may I note that this still does not have an active Hossa and they already look like the best team in the West?

THIS.

Hossa and Toews have zero goals, and only the Rangers (28) have found the net more than the Hawks (26--tied with Washington).

I can't believe the angst over Toews' lack of goals (not here, but in general).

Fucking guy has 4 helpers, is +6, and is over 60% in the faceoff circle. He's fucking awesome.

Brian Campbell has seven points in seven games and is a plus-4 so far.

FYH!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2009, 07:40:09 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 16, 2009, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: Dave B on October 16, 2009, 12:35:05 PM
At least Khabi had some playoff success, which is more than could be said for the other two.

[/Seeking to head off the kvetching and the obligatory parallels being drawn to the DeRosa situation when Havlat gets his inevitable standing ovation at the UC in a couple weeks with the Wild, since the two situations are not really that similar].

On a separate note, Versteeg has improved at the hockee. And he was already damned good last year.

Again, may I note that this still does not have an active Hossa and they already look like the best team in the West?

THIS.

Hossa and Toews have zero goals, and only the Rangers (28) have found the net more than the Hawks (26--tied with Washington).

Fucking guy has 4 helpers, is +6, and is over 60% in the faceoff circle. He's fucking awesome.

Brian Campbell has seven points in seven games and is a plus-4 so far.

FYH!

I'll reign in the Murton hilarity for a while.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »

THIS.

Is this a strawman, or would you care to point out who's actually been anxious about his lack of goal-scoring?  I haven't seen it anywhere, and my only point in bringing it up wasn't to display angst, but to point out that he'll probably wind up leading the team in goals like he did last year, and yet the team has 26 goals without him yet to light the lamp this far.

And I don't think you'll find any arguments about his contributions in the meantime.  His backhanded assist to Sharp for the first goal Wednesday against Edmonton was deep-fried WOW.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »
The Hawks picked up Andrew Ebbett from Anaheim on waivers today. Should mean they can finally send Skille and his massive cap hit back to Rock Vegas for good. Ebbett isn't shitty either. 32 points last year playing on the 2nd line in 48 games.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2009, 05:54:24 PM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 17, 2009, 05:15:13 PM
The Hawks picked up Andrew Ebbett from Anaheim on waivers today. Should mean they can finally send Skille and his massive cap hit back to Rock Vegas for good. Ebbett isn't shitty either. 32 points last year playing on the 2nd line in 48 games.

Not sure if this means the end of Skille yet.  Ebbett could have been picked up as insurance against Bolland's back issues.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
Quote from: MAD on October 17, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

THIS.

Is this a strawman, or would you care to point out who's actually been anxious about his lack of goal-scoring?  I haven't seen it anywhere, and my only point in bringing it up wasn't to display angst, but to point out that he'll probably wind up leading the team in goals like he did last year, and yet the team has 26 goals without him yet to light the lamp this far.

And I don't think you'll find any arguments about his contributions in the meantime.  His backhanded assist to Sharp for the first goal Wednesday against Edmonton was deep-fried WOW.

You guys are so wrong.  We already know everything we need to know about the season based on the handful of games so far.

Avalanche and Coyotes: Division Champions.  Book it.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
Fuck.  Hawks should have won that game, and Huet is the reason they lost it.  I really wanted him to win this one handily, if only to get the meatheads off his back, but after those last two goals we can probably look forward to him being booed every time he allows a goal at home for the next three weeks.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2009, 10:33:47 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 17, 2009, 10:32:06 PM
Fuck.  Hawks should have won that game, and Huet is the reason they lost it.  I really wanted him to win this one handily, if only to get the meatheads off his back, but after those last two goals we can probably look forward to him being booed every time he allows a goal at home for the next three weeks.

Huet playing well would probably not have gotten people off his back.

I think I hate all sports fans.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2009, 07:22:50 AM »

I hate to say it, but Huet deserved to get booed when he let that fourth goal in. There's no excuse for that and it cost the Hawks at least a point.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2009, 11:02:37 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 17, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

THIS.

Hockey News had a piece on it, and I've seen it on a couple sites (I think it was a fanpost on SCH, and one of the newer sites had something as well)...He'll still finish up with somewhere between 30-40 goals, but as we've seen in every other sport, people freak the geek out over small sample sizes.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »
Quote from: MAD on October 17, 2009, 10:33:47 PM

Huet playing well would probably not have gotten people off his back.

I think I hate all sports fans.

That's because sports fans are, generally, dumbasses.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2009, 10:05:57 AM »

how huge was picking Ebbett up off waivers, considering Toews got absolutely laid out last night by Mitchell?
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2009, 10:29:03 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 22, 2009, 10:05:57 AM

how huge was picking Ebbett up off waivers, considering Toews got absolutely laid out last night by Mitchell?

I'd be surprised if he doesn't miss some time. Ugh. What an ugly 3rd period. Fun game to be at, though. The 300 level looks amazing.

At some point last year Quenneville made the point to say that when a team gets a 5 on 3 it will change the game. If you score on it, you're going to win. If you don't score and they kill it, you're going to lose. The Hawks were up 2-1 when they failed to convert on their 2 man advantage and went on to lose. Since he said that I can't ever forget it and it seems to hold true almost every time.

Goddamn Canucks.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2009, 10:34:36 AM »
I think (hope?) Toews was just dazed and confused. He got up fairly quickly. It was a clean hit, but Mitchell's a known pussy and he will get a clean hit back sometime. Problem is that there's nobody big enough to do anything right now.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass