News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 175,793 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2009, 08:11:05 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 03, 2009, 08:08:47 AM
Quote from: Fork on December 02, 2009, 09:30:07 PM
According to McKenzie at TSN, the tagging space is there now.

So, believe or not, I actually ran some numbers through a spreadsheet last night.  The key is the bonus cushion the Hawks have; however, it may come back to bite them in the ass next year.

Right now, they're about $14.5MM under the cap for next year.  Obviously, these signings will take all that space and then some.  I have a feeling (I couldn't find the info), that some of that cap is being taken up by bonuses.

I think teh bottom line is that Sopel (or Barker or Sharp or Buff) needs to be gone before the end of this year, and another one (maybe 2) of those will need to be gone before next year.

I have no idea how much Hjammer is going to get in the off-season, but he'll be due a decent raise from his $650K.  Madden is 36, but I think it's fait to say that he'll be back next year (he makes 2.75MM).

All in all, there's not much to worry about as far as teh make-up of this team goes beyond this year's Stanley Cup run.  They'll be good for a while.

The Hockeenight salary cap expert has spoken.

Plus, if anyone gets hurt, the Hawks can fit a replacement under an LTIE.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2009, 08:14:32 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 03, 2009, 08:11:05 AM

So, believe or not, I actually ran some numbers through a spreadsheet last night.  The key is the bonus cushion the Hawks have; however, it may come back to bite them in the ass next year.

Right now, they're about $14.5MM under the cap for next year.  Obviously, these signings will take all that space and then some.  I have a feeling (I couldn't find the info), that some of that cap is being taken up by bonuses.

I think teh bottom line is that Sopel (or Barker or Sharp or Buff) needs to be gone before the end of this year, and another one (maybe 2) of those will need to be gone before next year.

I have no idea how much Hjammer is going to get in the off-season, but he'll be due a decent raise from his $650K.  Madden is 36, but I think it's fait to say that he'll be back next year (he makes 2.75MM).

All in all, there's not much to worry about as far as teh make-up of this team goes beyond this year's Stanley Cup run.  They'll be good for a while.

Right.  The problem may become if they need to bring someone up who's signed next year (Crawford, for example).  In that case, they would need to LTIR someone lwho's also signed for next year, so Burish doesn't count.  Kopecky would.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2009, 08:28:12 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 03, 2009, 08:14:32 AM
Quote from: Fork on December 03, 2009, 08:11:05 AM

Right.  The problem may become if they need to bring someone up who's signed next year (Crawford, for example).  In that case, they would need to LTIR someone lwho's also signed for next year, so Burish doesn't count.  Kopecky would.

Or, they would LTIR the person who needs replacing - if they were to bring up a goalie, they'd need to LTIR Huet.

BTW, how the mighty have fallen...Crawford lost his starting spot in Rockford.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »
So I'm on Second City reading their live blog of the presser and one of the moderators, a Mr. SamFels, is asking tens of sarcastic questions about how each player's contract is ludicrous when compared to certain peers of theirs who have better stats and are less expensive. Examples:

QuoteQuestion for Patrick Kane
You make more than Alex Semin, who has two 30-goal seasons and you don't. how do you feel about that?

QuoteFollow up for Kane
You also make more than Corey Perry. How does that feel?

I understand the need to ask questions. Why are they getting the dollar amounts they ended up with and are they worth it. Those being hypercritical of these extensions need to ask themselves what the consequences are of not restructuring the team to fit these three players are.

What is it with Hawk fans on the internet? I used to read the 300 Level and those guys were the biggest bunch of assholes I'd ever come across. They hated failure and success with equal amounts of passion.

Now I'm sitting here, on a day where my favorite sports team just locked up three of the best players they have had in 30 years and I'm reading bitter, angry comments from people that love the team as much as I do. It's infuriating.

Hey, Jonny Toews is now compensated better than Mike Richards. Great, let's throw a hissy fit about it.

Jesus fucking Christ. No wonder everyone hates hockey fans.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2009, 02:52:46 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 03, 2009, 02:49:25 PM
So I'm on Second City reading their live blog of the presser and one of the moderators, a Mr. SamFels, is asking tens of sarcastic questions about how each player's contract is ludicrous when compared to certain peers of theirs who have better stats and are less expensive. Examples:

The genius behind The Committed Indian. I think he's just breaking balls.

He's a good boy, there.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2009, 02:57:42 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 03, 2009, 02:52:46 PM

The genius behind The Committed Indian. I think he's just breaking balls.

He's a good boy, there.

I'm not so sure he is. He mentions that him and Block will end up being the only two critical of these deals. He's really, honest to Atheismo upset about the amount of coin that the Hawks are paying these guys. Eh, what can you do. I guess I'll have to go ahead and ignore the next post about the gloom and doom that is the ever shrinking window for a Stanley Cup. Since all these fucking experts have seen the Hawks win so many of them, it's probably fair to go ahead and demand one right now.

How quickly we forget the last 15 years.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2009, 03:02:55 PM »

You make more than Alex Semin, who has two 30-goal seasons and you don’t. how do you feel about that?

QuoteFollow up for Kane

I understand the need to ask questions. Why are they getting the dollar amounts they ended up with and are they worth it. Those being hypercritical of these extensions need to ask themselves what the consequences are of not restructuring the team to fit these three players are.

What is it with Hawk fans on the internet? I used to read the 300 Level and those guys were the biggest bunch of assholes I'd ever come across. They hated failure and success with equal amounts of passion.

Now I'm sitting here, on a day where my favorite sports team just locked up three of the best players they have had in 30 years and I'm reading bitter, angry comments from people that love the team as much as I do. It's infuriating.

Hey, Jonny Toews is now compensated better than Mike Richards. Great, let's throw a hissy fit about it.

I just read through that. One would think after years of Dollar Bill and bad Hawks' teams fans at least would take one day to be happy about the team. I guess for the SamFels' of the world it's better to bitch about everything. I can see it now "Well I don't consider the Hawks Stanley Cup Champs because they won it in five games instead of four"

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2009, 11:51:52 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on December 03, 2009, 03:02:55 PM

You make more than Alex Semin, who has two 30-goal seasons and you don't. how do you feel about that?

QuoteFollow up for Kane

I just read through that. One would think after years of Dollar Bill and bad Hawks' teams fans at least would take one day to be happy about the team. I guess for the SamFels' of the world it's better to bitch about everything. I can see it now "Well I don't consider the Hawks Stanley Cup Champs because they won it in five games instead of four lost to the Penguins"

'92'd (and 10'd?)
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2009, 09:40:30 AM »

(not my work)

1992 was so long ago...
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2009, 09:43:03 AM »
I was going to be way meaner than that, Morph.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: December 04, 2009, 09:52:19 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 09:43:03 AM

Oh, do it.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: December 04, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 04, 2009, 09:52:19 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 09:43:03 AM

Oh, do it.

Now it would just seem like I was trying too hard. Face it - no one gives a fuck about the Penguins or the city of Pittsburgh and no one ever will. This fact is lost on this man. I don't think anything is going to change that.

When you think about it, the similarities and lack of self-awareness are eerily reminiscent of BC. Maybe they're the same person? Have you ever seen them in the same room? I rest my case.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: December 04, 2009, 10:51:07 AM »

Back on topic, I heart the ever-loving shit out of Keith's contract...he makes $8MM for each of the next three years, making him the highest-paid Hawk (although probably only about 5th highest if you figured out dollar-per-minute). After that, when the new CBA is in place, his pay drops each year until the last year, when he's making aroung $1.5MM, which is key - the new CBA will probably have a hard cap to prevent the Hossa-type contracts from becoming the norm.

I would have been happier if Toews had signed for 20 years or something, but there's one simple fact:

The Chicago Blackhawks are going to win the Stanley Cup. Maybe not this year, but definitely within the next 3.

And I am going to enjoy watching the Penguins' fans wonder how they wil be able to compete knowing 25% of their cap space is devoted to 2 players.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: December 04, 2009, 10:53:23 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 04, 2009, 10:51:07 AM

Back on topic, I heart the ever-loving shit out of Keith's contract...he makes $8MM for each of the next three years, making him the highest-paid Hawk (although probably only about 5th highest if you figured out dollar-per-minute). After that, when the new CBA is in place, his pay drops each year until the last year, when he's making aroung $1.5MM, which is key - the new CBA will probably have a hard cap to prevent the Hossa-type contracts from becoming the norm.

I would have been happier if Toews had signed for 20 years or something, but there's one simple fact:

The Chicago Blackhawks are going to win the Stanley Cup. Maybe not this year, but definitely within the next 3.

And I am going to enjoy watching the Penguins' fans wonder how they wil be able to compete knowing 25% of their cap space is devoted to 2 players.

Interesting fact about Toews and Kane's contract - they expire the year Campbell comes off the books. Boom.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: December 04, 2009, 04:10:46 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 10:53:23 AM
Quote from: Fork on December 04, 2009, 10:51:07 AM

Interesting fact about Toews and Kane's contract - they expire the year Campbell comes off the books. Boom.

Uh, you might want to check your math on that.  Campbell's deal expires after the following year.