News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 175,734 )

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2009, 04:38:58 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 04, 2009, 04:10:46 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 10:53:23 AM
Quote from: Fork on December 04, 2009, 10:51:07 AM

Back on topic, I heart the ever-loving shit out of Keith's contract...he makes $8MM for each of the next three years, making him the highest-paid Hawk (although probably only about 5th highest if you figured out dollar-per-minute). After that, when the new CBA is in place, his pay drops each year until the last year, when he's making aroung $1.5MM, which is key - the new CBA will probably have a hard cap to prevent the Hossa-type contracts from becoming the norm.

I would have been happier if Toews had signed for 20 years or something, but there's one simple fact:

The Chicago Blackhawks are going to win the Stanley Cup. Maybe not this year, but definitely within the next 3.

And I am going to enjoy watching the Penguins' fans wonder how they wil be able to compete knowing 25% of their cap space is devoted to 2 players.

Interesting fact about Toews and Kane's contract - they expire the year Campbell comes off the books. Boom.

Uh, you might want to check your math on that.  Campbell's deal expires after the following year.

Ya burnt!!!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2009, 05:28:44 PM »

Back on topic, I heart the ever-loving shit out of Keith's contract...he makes $8MM for each of the next three years, making him the highest-paid Hawk (although probably only about 5th highest if you figured out dollar-per-minute). After that, when the new CBA is in place, his pay drops each year until the last year, when he's making aroung $1.5MM, which is key - the new CBA will probably have a hard cap to prevent the Hossa-type contracts from becoming the norm.

I would have been happier if Toews had signed for 20 years or something, but there's one simple fact:

The Chicago Blackhawks are going to win the Stanley Cup. Maybe not this year, but definitely within the next 3.

And I am going to enjoy watching the Penguins' fans wonder how they wil be able to compete knowing 25% of their cap space is devoted to 2 players.

Interesting fact about Toews and Kane's contract - they expire the year Campbell comes off the books. Boom.

Uh, you might want to check your math on that.  Campbell's deal expires after the following year.

Umm...I think Slaky's right.

The deals don't start till next year and run for 5 years.  Campbell will finish his second year this year, and will have 5 years left.

Unless I'm wrong.  Which may be true.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 04, 2009, 05:28:44 PM

The deals don't start till next year and run for 5 years.  Campbell will finish his second year this year, and will have 5 years left.

MATH THROWDOWN!
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2009, 05:35:14 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 04, 2009, 05:31:13 PM

MATH THROWDOWN!

So, would my pithy retort need to be changed to: Ya burnt? or would Ya burnt!!!! be better?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »

You're not wrong but let's give CT this one. He doesn't have much.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2009, 06:20:54 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 04, 2009, 05:35:14 PM

MATH THROWDOWN!

So, would my pithy retort need to be changed to: Ya burnt? or would Ya burnt!!!! be better?

How about just "SOMEONE DONE GOT BURNT, Y'ALL"?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: December 04, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 04, 2009, 06:20:54 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 04, 2009, 05:35:14 PM

MATH THROWDOWN!

How about just "SOMEONE DONE GOT BURNT, Y'ALL"?

Dang.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: December 04, 2009, 07:05:16 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 06:15:37 PM

Uh, you might want to check your math on that.  Campbell's deal expires after the following year.

The deals don't start till next year and run for 5 years.  Campbell will finish his second year this year, and will have 5 years left.

Unless I'm wrong.  Which may be true.

Campbell's deal is for 8 years.

Is that not on your spreadsheet, Oleg?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 04, 2009, 07:05:16 PM

CT's right, y'all... Dang!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2009, 07:16:36 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 04, 2009, 07:08:53 PM

CT's right, y'all... Dang!

Crispy.

Go Hawks.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »
So much burning in this thread. Hot like fire!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2009, 07:13:43 AM »
If only JD were still alive.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2009, 07:48:11 AM »
I hate the Predators.

Has Martin Erat ever scored a point against a team other than the Hawks?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2009, 08:26:44 AM »

Uh, you might want to check your math on that.  Campbell's deal expires after the following year.

The deals don't start till next year and run for 5 years.  Campbell will finish his second year this year, and will have 5 years left.

Unless I'm wrong.  Which may be true.

NOW IT IS.  THERE!  HAPPY?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2009, 11:34:36 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16