News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 175,730 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #886 on: May 13, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »

Thank you Blackhawks for allowing this humble moran at least 2 more weeks of pretending the Cubs don't exist.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #887 on: May 13, 2010, 10:19:59 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 13, 2010, 08:41:58 AM

Thank you Blackhawks for allowing this humble moran at least 2 more weeks of pretending the Cubs don't exist.

Bless 'em every one.

The more I think about this team the bigger my chub gets.

Every time they've had their backs against the wall, whether it was the end of the regular season slump or the Nashville series or a tough loss vs. Vancouver where they looked completely overmatched, each of the players has said generally the same thing. They said we didn't play well and we will be fine. They've got a ridiculous amount of confidence in themselves. It's not just talk. They erase doubts.

I don't think there's a player in the dressing room that is remotely frightened of San Jose.

Quick predicition: Hossa enters beast mode in this series.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #888 on: May 13, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 13, 2010, 10:19:59 AM

Bless 'em every one.

Every time they've had their backs against the wall, whether it was the end of the regular season slump or the Nashville series or a tough loss vs. Vancouver where they looked completely overmatched, each of the players has said generally the same thing. They said we didn't play well and we will be fine. They've got a ridiculous amount of confidence in themselves. It's not just talk. They erase doubts.

I don't think there's a player in the dressing room that is remotely frightened of San Jose.

I readily and heartily endorse all of THIS, especially the last two parts.  May the jinx police throw me in jail if the Hawks get their comeuppance, but in addition to being soul-crushingly disappointed, it's entirely possible that I would be literally shocked if that were to happen.

I think back to the Olympics where all of my rooting interest was in the Blackhawks all doing well and keeping the positive rhythm of a championship season.  And outside of Halak not saving Slovakia's bacon against Finland like he's doing now for the Habs, the outcome could almost not have been more optimal if you were a Hawks fan.  And when Canada played the US  the first time--when they got schooled, San Jose style--I imagined at the time that Toews would invariably shake his heads at the San Jose trio that he had for teammates and humbly but confidently think to himself "Man I so get why you guys can't hardly get out of the first round."  And then he'd look across the ice at Kane and to his own Canadien teammte Keith and envisioned what we're about to see, beginning this weekend.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #889 on: May 13, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 13, 2010, 11:30:37 AM

Bless 'em every one.

I readily and heartily endorse all of THIS, especially the last two parts.  May the jinx police throw me in jail if the Hawks get their comeuppance, but in addition to being soul-crushingly disappointed, it's entirely possible that I would be literally shocked if that were to happen.

I think back to the Olympics where all of my rooting interest was in the Blackhawks all doing well and keeping the positive rhythm of a championship season.  And outside of Halak not saving Slovakia's bacon against Finland like he's doing now for the Habs, the outcome could almost not have been more optimal if you were a Hawks fan.  And when Canada played the US  the first time--when they got schooled, San Jose style--I imagined at the time that Toews would invariably shake his heads at the San Jose trio that he had for teammates and humbly but confidently think to himself "Man I so get why you guys can't hardly get out of the first round."  And then he'd look across the ice at Kane and to his own Canadien teammte Keith and envisioned what we're about to see, beginning this weekend.

And what did your wife think we she came in and saw you watching Olympic hockey in the buff and sweating profusely?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #890 on: May 13, 2010, 11:50:35 AM »

Bless 'em every one.

I'm assuming you, like the rest of us, has worked to forget Seabrook was at the Olympics.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #891 on: May 13, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 13, 2010, 11:50:35 AM

Bless 'em every one.

I'm assuming you, like the rest of us, has worked to forget Seabrook was at the Olympics.

Of course.

For Seabs, simply making the team proved to be the high point.  Good for him.  He's been back to normal during the playoffs, so I didn't feel I should go back to February and dump on him.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #892 on: May 13, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »
May the jinx police throw me in jail if the Hawks get their comeuppance, but in addition to being soul-crushingly disappointed, it's entirely possible that I would be literally shocked if that were to happen.

That right there is one for the Book of Confusing Phrases.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #894 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 13, 2010, 11:59:21 AM
May the jinx police throw me in jail if the Hawks get their comeuppance, but in addition to being soul-crushingly disappointed, it's entirely possible that I would be literally shocked if that were to happen.

It was a weak attempt at tweaking a poster who we have yet to have heard from in this thread, but whose name I omitted because I would prefer to keep it that way.  Thanks for blowing the surprise by pointing out my shitty sentence construction, you pankburglar.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #895 on: May 13, 2010, 12:32:50 PM »
Quote from: MAD on May 13, 2010, 12:02:48 PM

It was a weak attempt at tweaking a poster who we have yet to have heard from in this thread, but whose name I omitted because I would prefer to keep it that way.  Thanks for blowing the surprise by pointing out my shitty sentence construction, you pankburglar.

It's utterly probable that I am figuratively confused. How do you surprise someone on the internet?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #896 on: May 13, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 13, 2010, 12:32:50 PM
Quote from: MAD on May 13, 2010, 12:02:48 PM

It's utterly probable that I am figuratively confused. How do you surprise someone on the internet?

I believe the meme is "surprise buttsecks".

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #897 on: May 14, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
Would it be hijacking this thread to note here that I'd like the opportunity to punch Dan Carcillo in his dirtbag drama queen face?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #898 on: May 14, 2010, 10:21:29 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 14, 2010, 08:37:56 PM
Would it be hijacking this thread to note here that I'd like the opportunity to punch Dan Carcillo in his dirtbag drama queen face?

Not at all. He can eat a big bag of rotten dicks.
TIME TO POST!

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #899 on: May 14, 2010, 10:35:12 PM »
Phuck Philly.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!