News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 52,217 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 05, 2011, 09:14:19 AM
Really enjoyed the finale, I just realized they never really explained who that old lady was at the end last week who got Dickie's pal to clam up. But who really cares when you've got Dickie treating Raylan like a pinata and Gutterson sniping Doyle in the face. Interesting that Raylan didn't shoot anyone as opposed to last season's finale when he basically shot everyone.

Where do they go next season? Will the Dixie Mafia get a chance at the spotlight?

I was wondering the same. Sounds like Raylan is highly motivated to get the fuck out of Kentucky forever. But with Boyd still alive and I assume Ava, I doubt he's done with Harlan just yet. Perhaps Boyd completes his 360 from heel to face back to heel again.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2011, 09:59:44 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 05, 2011, 09:54:15 AM
Quote from: R-V on May 05, 2011, 09:14:19 AM
Really enjoyed the finale, I just realized they never really explained who that old lady was at the end last week who got Dickie's pal to clam up. But who really cares when you've got Dickie treating Raylan like a pinata and Gutterson sniping Doyle in the face. Interesting that Raylan didn't shoot anyone as opposed to last season's finale when he basically shot everyone.

Where do they go next season? Will the Dixie Mafia get a chance at the spotlight?

I was wondering the same. Sounds like Raylan is highly motivated to get the fuck out of Kentucky forever. But with Boyd still alive and I assume Ava, I doubt he's done with Harlan just yet. Perhaps Boyd completes his 360 from heel to face back to heel again.

Yeah there's no way Raylan is leaving Harlan. No matter what he tells himself, he's drawn to the place and he'll keep coming back until he gets got.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »
He'll never leave Harlan alive.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 05, 2011, 09:46:41 AM
I assumed the old lady was the guy's mother.

Why whould Jed's mother come in all asshurt and insist that he clam up and take the years? I suppose it's possible. I mean, it happened on The Wire. I think that lady will definitely be heard from again. Boyd will go to war with the Dixie Mafia. Maggie had it right. Boyd's thirst for power will never be quenched.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 05, 2011, 10:45:50 AM

Why whould Jed's mother come in all asshurt and insist that he clam up and take the years? I suppose it's possible. I mean, it happened on The Wire. I think that lady will definitely be heard from again. Boyd will go to war with the Dixie Mafia. Maggie had it right. Boyd's thirst for power will never be quenched.

Because she knew that if he testified against Dickie the Bennetts would kill him?  And if the Bennetts couldn't get through whatever protection Jed was getting they'd just go after the rest of the family, including her grandchildren?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 05, 2011, 11:07:21 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 05, 2011, 10:45:50 AM

Because she knew that if he testified against Dickie the Bennetts would kill him?  And if the Bennetts couldn't get through whatever protection Jed was getting they'd just go after the rest of the family, including her grandchildren?

The cop that informed Raylan that Jed had a visitor before he changed his tune said he had no idea who she was and that "we" were trying to find out. Local cops would probably know Jed and his mom. And Jed didn't seem to be the sort of man with a mother powerful enough to go waltzing into Maggie's store to tell her what's what. If it was just Jed's mother they'd have said that. Jed's a nobody. That lady is somebody. This isn't some Gilstory on AMC. This is real writing and shit.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
Bump.

Tonight, our long, national nightmare is over.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »
Everything about this ep and potential season gets an A PLUS TIMES A BILLION.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2012, 10:32:43 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 17, 2012, 10:18:01 PM
Everything about this ep and potential season gets an A PLUS TIMES A BILLION.

What this man said.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
This was already the best series on TV.  I don't know why they thought that they had to add Carla Gugino to the mix.  Not that I am complaining.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2012, 09:37:59 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 25, 2012, 11:42:50 AM
This was already the best series on TV.  I don't know why they thought that they had to add Carla Gugino to the mix.  Not that I am complaining.

At first, when I saw the lady in Witness Protection I was thrown because I'd completely forgotten that they sometimes do a "case of the week" story and by sometimes I mean pretty much every single episode except for probably the first and last of a given season. That said I thought it integrated pretty well even if those bozos weren't much of a threat to anyone. It was fun to see Art bust up that hilljack - probably reminded him of his glory days.

But yeah, Carla Gugino? Holy shit. It sounds like Raylan is having some doubts about Winona? Maybe? I don't know. When she started cracking wise about Herman's Head I know, were I Raylan, I'd have been pretty butthurt about it.

But the ending with Limehouse's introduction just upped the ante on what was already going to be a kick ass season. We're definitely going to see more of Desperate Housewife Mike, too with his fancy suits and sleeve guns.

Fuck this show is AWESOME.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2012, 11:20:10 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 26, 2012, 09:37:59 AM
At first, when I saw the lady in Witness Protection I was thrown because I'd completely forgotten that they sometimes do a "case of the week" story and by sometimes I mean pretty much every single episode except for probably the first and last of a given season. That said I thought it integrated pretty well even if those bozos weren't much of a threat to anyone. It was fun to see Art bust up that hilljack - probably reminded him of his glory days.

I don't care what any of you goons say, I like Art Mullen.

But yeah, Carla Gugino? Holy shit. It sounds like Raylan is having some doubts about Winona? Maybe? I don't know. When she started cracking wise about Herman's Head I know, were I Raylan, I'd have been pretty butthurt about it.

I'm gonna say "no". At least, not if he has any say in it.

I'm also gonna say that I'm not convinced we'll see Gugino stick around. That had crossover cameo written all over it.

But the ending with Limehouse's introduction just upped the ante on what was already going to be a kick ass season. We're definitely going to see more of Desperate Housewife Mike, too with his fancy suits and sleeve guns.

Desperate what-wives? I tend to think of him as "that guy from that short-lived Donnie-Wahlberg-plus-a-cast-of-thousands show on NBC a while back that I can never seem to remember the title of." Which show I now see was also a Graham Yost joint. And which I see also featured the guy playing Limehouse.

(I also see now that Yost got his start in the industry writing for "Hey Dude", so modern-day cowboys are nothing new to him. Also: "Herman's Head".)

I like the dynamic they seem to be setting up between Limehouse on the one hand and the new look Dixie Mafia on the other.

No doubt with both Raylan and the Boyd Crowder Gang finding themselves caught in the middle of all-out Oxy war.

Fuck this show is AWESOME.

I don't care what any of you assholes think, I like "Justified".
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2012, 12:13:41 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 26, 2012, 11:20:10 AM

Desperate what-wives? I tend to think of him as "that guy from that short-lived Donnie-Wahlberg-plus-a-cast-of-thousands show on NBC a while back that I can never seem to remember the title of." Which show I now see was also a Graham Yost joint. And which I see also featured the guy playing Limehouse.

Like all guys from Band of Brothers, he'll always be the guy from Band of Brothers to me. 

Just like the guy that Art worked over.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 26, 2012, 12:13:41 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 26, 2012, 11:20:10 AM

Like all guys from Band of Brothers, he'll always be the guy from Band of Brothers to me. 

Just like the guy that Art worked over.

CT is right.

I was excited to see Wild Bill.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »
I suck at having cable these days and it hurts. Netflix is good but cable is for the children. I miss Justified. :(