News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 52,220 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »
I'm many, many episodes up the track, gentlemen. But my Justified boner is thriving in these conditions. An illegal internets viewing marathon is scheduled for this evening following the Purdue/Heat games. See you soon. Kisses. xxoxxoxxxo
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 05, 2011, 11:13:25 AM
Quote from: CT III on May 05, 2011, 11:07:21 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 05, 2011, 10:45:50 AM
Quote from: CT III on May 05, 2011, 09:46:41 AM
I assumed the old lady was the guy's mother.

Why whould Jed's mother come in all asshurt and insist that he clam up and take the years? I suppose it's possible. I mean, it happened on The Wire. I think that lady will definitely be heard from again. Boyd will go to war with the Dixie Mafia. Maggie had it right. Boyd's thirst for power will never be quenched.

Because she knew that if he testified against Dickie the Bennetts would kill him?  And if the Bennetts couldn't get through whatever protection Jed was getting they'd just go after the rest of the family, including her grandchildren?

The cop that informed Raylan that Jed had a visitor before he changed his tune said he had no idea who she was and that "we" were trying to find out. Local cops would probably know Jed and his mom. And Jed didn't seem to be the sort of man with a mother powerful enough to go waltzing into Maggie's store to tell her what's what. If it was just Jed's mother they'd have said that. Jed's a nobody. That lady is somebody. This isn't some Gilstory on AMC. This is real writing and shit.

Well, whenever you catch up - it was his grandmother.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:29 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 20, 2012, 10:02:48 PM

Why whould Jed's mother come in all asshurt and insist that he clam up and take the years? I suppose it's possible. I mean, it happened on The Wire. I think that lady will definitely be heard from again. Boyd will go to war with the Dixie Mafia. Maggie had it right. Boyd's thirst for power will never be quenched.

Because she knew that if he testified against Dickie the Bennetts would kill him?  And if the Bennetts couldn't get through whatever protection Jed was getting they'd just go after the rest of the family, including her grandchildren?

The cop that informed Raylan that Jed had a visitor before he changed his tune said he had no idea who she was and that "we" were trying to find out. Local cops would probably know Jed and his mom. And Jed didn't seem to be the sort of man with a mother powerful enough to go waltzing into Maggie's store to tell her what's what. If it was just Jed's mother they'd have said that. Jed's a nobody. That lady is somebody. This isn't some Gilstory on AMC. This is real writing and shit.

I am only one episode behind for now. Sometime tomorrow, I'll be in the loop and it'll be TIME TO POST.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 21, 2012, 11:33:29 AM
Quote from: CT III on March 20, 2012, 10:02:48 PM

I am only one episode behind for now. Sometime tomorrow, I'll be in the loop and it'll be TIME TO POST.

You shan't regret it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »
 Raylan shoots a hole in this lady's ceiling, so to pay for it he has to service her.  Sounds fair to me!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »
I just watched the last episode. Tried to power through in a midnight near-sleep fog and and made it because every goddamn scene had the intensity of 1,000 suns. That shit in the trailer was totally disturbing but obviously gives us quite a peek into Quarles' world. He's one twisted dude. I guess being banged six ways to Sunday by random dudes that your own dad whored you out to for heroin money would do that to a man.

And of course the showdown at the bar before Raylan plowed that cute 'tender with the shotgun was ridiculously awesome. Could have done with out seeing his pasty, albino ass. But I'm sure there was a good reason for it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2012, 09:58:02 AM »
The scene between Quarles and the kid was just outstanding.  Helped by the expression on Wynn Duffy's face as he realized just exactly what a psychopath he's now tied to.  Although in the back of my mind, I kind of wonder if Quarles didn't just make the whole damn thing up on the spot to talk the kid down.

It appears that there's more to Shelby than I suspected.  Not sure if he's bullshitting about the cancer or not, but it's clear he's not entirely comfortable with some of Boyd's methods, and a man who can stand down two armed sheriff's deputies who are in the process of planting evidence on his truck is not to be taken lightly.  At the very least, he could end up being the WILD CARD in all this.

Boyd Crowder is the smartest politico alive.

Anybody else wondering about Limehouse?  Is really allied with somebody here, or just playing both sides against each other?  The county clerk is clearly in his pocket (and by extension supposed to be in Quarles' pocket (||)) but twice the guy has had chances to help Quarles and twice he's basically handed Boyd a victory.

Detroit comes calling next week.  I am turgid with anticipation.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2012, 10:32:45 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 23, 2012, 09:58:02 AM
The scene between Quarles and the kid was just outstanding.  Helped by the expression on Wynn Duffy's face as he realized just exactly what a psychopath he's now tied to.  Although in the back of my mind, I kind of wonder if Quarles didn't just make the whole damn thing up on the spot to talk the kid down.

It appears that there's more to Shelby than I suspected.  Not sure if he's bullshitting about the cancer or not, but it's clear he's not entirely comfortable with some of Boyd's methods, and a man who can stand down two armed sheriff's deputies who are in the process of planting evidence on his truck is not to be taken lightly.  At the very least, he could end up being the WILD CARD in all this.

Anybody else wondering about Limehouse?  Is really allied with somebody here, or just playing both sides against each other?  The county clerk is clearly in his pocket (and by extension supposed to be in Quarles' pocket (||)) but twice the guy has had chances to help Quarles and twice he's basically handed Boyd a victory.

Detroit comes calling next week.  I am turgid with anticipation.

I think Limehouse would consider Boyd's group less of a threat than Detroit. His motivation is to protect his home and keep things the way they are. Like he said, he knows exactly who Boyd is and probably figures he can crush him if he has to.

You know anything about the shrimpin' business?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 23, 2012, 10:32:45 AM
The scene between Quarles and the kid was just outstanding.  Helped by the expression on Wynn Duffy's face as he realized just exactly what a psychopath he's now tied to.  Although in the back of my mind, I kind of wonder if Quarles didn't just make the whole damn thing up on the spot to talk the kid down.

It appears that there's more to Shelby than I suspected.  Not sure if he's bullshitting about the cancer or not, but it's clear he's not entirely comfortable with some of Boyd's methods, and a man who can stand down two armed sheriff's deputies who are in the process of planting evidence on his truck is not to be taken lightly.  At the very least, he could end up being the WILD CARD in all this.

Anybody else wondering about Limehouse?  Is really allied with somebody here, or just playing both sides against each other?  The county clerk is clearly in his pocket (and by extension supposed to be in Quarles' pocket (||)) but twice the guy has had chances to help Quarles and twice he's basically handed Boyd a victory.

Detroit comes calling next week.  I am turgid with anticipation.

I think Limehouse would consider Boyd's group less of a threat than Detroit. His motivation is to protect his home and keep things the way they are. Like he said, he knows exactly who Boyd is and probably figures he can crush him if he has to.

You know anything about the shrimpin' business?

I'm finally caught up so TIME TO POST for me too! I have no idea what Limehouse's plan is but he's going to be butchering himself a human before this season is over. It's the little things on this show that take it from damn good to outstanding - Shelby's bit about liver cancer, Jed's grandma asking for two milkshakes.

If you haven't seen it yet, they've been doing post-show interviews like this with Yost every week at EW and there's always a good nugget or two.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/21/justified-guy-walks-into-bar/?preview=true

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
So, Boyd, Johnny, Eva, Wynn Duffy, Arlo Givens, Errol and Dickie Bennett are gonna plan an Ocean's 11-style heist of Limehouse's money?

Man, that gang is just a Dewey Crowe short of perfection.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2012, 08:49:15 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 27, 2012, 10:37:00 PM
So, Boyd, Johnny, Eva, Wynn Duffy, Arlo Givens, Errol and Dickie Bennett are gonna plan an Ocean's 11-style heist of Limehouse's money?

Wynn Duffy acting as the meat in a Boyd Crowder-Detroit Mob Boss scheme sandwich is really going to put his survival skills to the test.

Not sure if I want the carnage to begin next week, or it to build up to a complete bloodbath in the finale. Either way, I've got a feeling Quarles is going to pull a Jabba with those chains on at least one of those nice ladies keeping an eye on him.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »
Finally caught up last night.

Quote from: CBStew on March 22, 2012, 04:08:21 PM
Raylan shoots a hole in this lady's ceiling, so to pay for it he has to service her.  Sounds fair to me!

There was something utterly bad-ass about the camera panning over the bullet hole while Raylan and the bartender were bumping it. But what that is is hard to define.

It appears that there's more to Shelby than I suspected.  Not sure if he's bullshitting about the cancer or not, but it's clear he's not entirely comfortable with some of Boyd's methods, and a man who can stand down two armed sheriff's deputies who are in the process of planting evidence on his truck is not to be taken lightly.  At the very least, he could end up being the WILD CARD in all this.

"That sounds like a solid idea."

I like this Jim Beaver guy. (Heh.)

Really, though... how is it that every single minor role on this show can be filled by the perfect actor for the part?

I mean, I can't be the only one who gets inexplicably giddy when Rick Gomez shows up as Assistant U.S. Attorney Vasquez. Another one-off scene with Stephen Root? Yes. Adam Arkin? Sure.

And of course this:

My only regret is not being able to drop a "Jester's dead, great balls of fire" in here after last night's installment. But, hey... I just did it anyway. Now get your butts above the hard deck and return to base.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
— Ever get the feeling God's laughing at you?
— Why? Because you shot the guy who's looking to kill the guy you're dying to see dead?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2012, 10:28:35 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 28, 2012, 10:00:40 AM
Finally caught up last night.

Quote from: CBStew on March 22, 2012, 04:08:21 PM

There was something utterly bad-ass about the camera panning over the bullet hole while Raylan and the bartender were bumping it. But what that is is hard to define.

"That sounds like a solid idea."

I like this Jim Beaver guy. (Heh.)

Really, though... how is it that every single minor role on this show can be filled by the perfect actor for the part?

I mean, I can't be the only one who gets inexplicably giddy when Rick Gomez shows up as Assistant U.S. Attorney Vasquez. Another one-off scene with Stephen Root? Yes. Adam Arkin? Sure.

And of course this:

My only regret is not being able to drop a "Jester's dead, great balls of fire" in here after last night's installment. But, hey... I just did it anyway. Now get your butts above the hard deck and return to base.

Ironside is just the latest example of how this show does a great job of characterization through casting. Just the sight of him as the senior henchman gives him a built-in backstory and a high level of implied badassery.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 28, 2012, 10:00:40 AM

I assure you, you are not.

The truth is, you could probably take any 2-3 characters off Justified and give them their own show, and I'd watch it.