News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 52,295 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2012, 05:00:32 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 28, 2012, 10:43:07 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 28, 2012, 10:00:40 AM
Really, though... how is it that every single minor role on this show can be filled by the perfect actor for the part?

I mean, I can't be the only one who gets inexplicably giddy when Rick Gomez shows up as Assistant U.S. Attorney Vasquez. Another one-off scene with Stephen Root? Yes. Adam Arkin? Sure.

I assure you, you are not.

The truth is, you could probably take any 2-3 characters off Justified and give them their own show, and I'd watch it.

I think that Dickie Bennett's haircut is inspired.  Inspired by what I am not sure. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »
"You're just a stupid, craven, hillbilly piece of shit."

"and a big, stupid, baby head?"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2012, 08:42:57 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 28, 2012, 05:00:32 PM
Really, though... how is it that every single minor role on this show can be filled by the perfect actor for the part?

I mean, I can't be the only one who gets inexplicably giddy when Rick Gomez shows up as Assistant U.S. Attorney Vasquez. Another one-off scene with Stephen Root? Yes. Adam Arkin? Sure.

The truth is, you could probably take any 2-3 characters off Justified and give them their own show, and I'd watch it.

I think that Dickie Bennett's haircut is inspired.  Inspired by what I am not sure. 

Home Depot.

So now shit has really hit the fan. I almost felt like they could tie it up in this episode but I'm glad there's one more to enjoy.

The one thing that bugs me is that Quarles is smoking heavy doses of oxy and is still able to remain cunning and physically quick enough to elude authorities or other lowlifes at every turn.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 04, 2012, 08:42:57 AM
Quote from: CBStew on March 28, 2012, 05:00:32 PM

Home Depot.

So now shit has really hit the fan. I almost felt like they could tie it up in this episode but I'm glad there's one more to enjoy.

The one thing that bugs me is that Quarles is smoking heavy doses of oxy and is still able to remain cunning and physically quick enough to elude authorities or other lowlifes at every turn.

I thought Boyd leaving Quarles with only a slow-witted clod and two Oxy skanks to guard him seemed out of character. But it was pointed out elsewhere that Boyd is pretty short-handed at the moment. Ava's probably his most capable henchperson (Arlo's circuits are cooked and Johnny isn't exactly mobile) and he needed Ava to help with the bank.

Otherwise the writing and plotting of last night's episode was great. The Walking Dead writers must've been puzzled by the Justified staff's ability to create drama and tension WITHOUT resorting to the crutch of characters acting like complete morons. The scheming and counterscheming surrounding the bank robbery was impressive.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 04, 2012, 10:49:06 AM

I thought Boyd leaving Quarles with only a slow-witted clod and two Oxy skanks to guard him seemed out of character. But it was pointed out elsewhere that Boyd is pretty short-handed at the moment. Ava's probably his most capable henchperson (Arlo's circuits are cooked and Johnny isn't exactly mobile) and he needed Ava to help with the bank.

Otherwise the writing and plotting of last night's episode was great. The Walking Dead writers must've been puzzled by the Justified staff's ability to create drama and tension WITHOUT resorting to the crutch of characters acting like complete morons. The scheming and counterscheming surrounding the bank robbery was impressive.

Yeah, and that damn Wynn Duffy went and got greedy.  He had Quarles dead to rights, wanted to try and take Boyd out too and ended up getting neither.

Also, excellent scene where Arlo confronts Boyd over being left out of the robbery.  Boyd's reaction to Arlo calling him "Raylan" should win Goggins an Emmy.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2012, 11:24:02 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 04, 2012, 11:13:32 AM

Yeah, and that damn Wynn Duffy went and got greedy.  He had Quarles dead to rights, wanted to try and take Boyd out too and ended up getting neither.

Also, excellent scene where Arlo confronts Boyd over being left out of the robbery.  Boyd's reaction to Arlo calling him "Raylan" should win Goggins an Emmy.

There was a series of decisions that led to Quarles staying alive where he would otherwise be dead to rights. Wynn ignored his own advice when Boyd told him he could handle him in the trailer. He said "don't say I didn't warn you".

But these men wouldn't be criminals if they weren't greedy, right?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »

I bet he's worked up a solid tolerance for the stuff by this point. And you don't get where he's gotten in the Detroit mob while also murder-raping rent boys and freebasing oxy without a talent for multi-tasking.

Also: depending on Johnny to watch both Dickie and Errol without tying them up or something? That guy was easier to subdue than Tinker in Road House.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 04, 2012, 11:25:02 AM

I bet he's worked up a solid tolerance for the stuff by this point. And you don't get where he's gotten in the Detroit mob while also murder-raping rent boys and freebasing oxy without a talent for multi-tasking.

Also: depending on Johnny to watch both Dickie and Errol without tying them up or something? That guy was easier to subdue than Tinker in Road House.

Agreed. Boyd is getting uncharacteristically sloppy and it's the only thing stopping the past two episodes from being A+ across the board.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 02, 2010, 08:41:57 AM

Johnny Crowder bears watching though.  He's clearly not happy with being shunted to the background by Bo.

I'm like some sorta future seein' TV guy.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2012, 12:00:52 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 10, 2012, 10:12:43 PM

Johnny Crowder bears watching though.  He's clearly not happy with being shunted to the background by Bo.

And they left that cookie for next season which ought to be good.

Also, Limehouse is clearly still not completely out of the picture. Arlo probably is. Dickie's around too, yes?

The end of Quarles was actually quite satisfying. I wasn't sure how they'd do it and actually wondered if I would be disappointed in it but that was nice and gory and really well done.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2012, 06:02:56 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 11, 2012, 12:00:52 AM

Also, Limehouse is clearly still not completely out of the picture. Arlo probably is. Dickie's around too, yes?

The end of Quarles was actually quite satisfying. I wasn't sure how they'd do it and actually wondered if I would be disappointed in it but that was nice and gory and really well done.

Raylan disarmed him.

Raylan's ex is fucking hot as dick.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2012, 09:06:13 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 11, 2012, 06:02:56 AM

Raylan disarmed him.

God yes.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 11, 2012, 09:06:13 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 11, 2012, 06:02:56 AM

Raylan disarmed him.

God yes.

Melons get swellins.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
So they just walk right into Limehouse's spot with guns out?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »
Wynn Duffy is my season MVP. Every scene with him and Raylan this year was gold - him losing his shit in the Russian roulette scene was probably my favorite moment of the finale. Long may you run, Wynnebago.

Speaking of that scene - if Raylan didn't palm the bullet that was a line we haven't seen him cross before, no?