News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 52,240 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 12, 2012, 08:50:32 AM
Wynn Duffy is my season MVP. Every scene with him and Raylan this year was gold - him losing his shit in the Russian roulette scene was probably my favorite moment of the finale. Long may you run, Wynnebago.

Speaking of that scene - if Raylan didn't palm the bullet that was a line we haven't seen him cross before, no?

QuoteInterms of heroism, there's that great early scene where he's playing Russian Roulette with Wynn. Is there a bullet in that gun, or is that stagecraft by Raylan?

We thought of having a shot, it's a revolver, that we'd be back behind Raylan and see there's no bullet in the gun. And we thought, "Eh, let's not let the audience know." My feeling is Raylan palmed the bullet, just as Glenn Fogle did the first time we saw him play it.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-justified-showrunner-graham-yost-post-mortems-season-3
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »
Weird...

http://tvline.com/2012/10/02/justified-season-4-patton-oswalt/

QuoteFunnyman Patton Oswalt is set to pop up on one of TV's acclaimed dramas, with a recurring role in Justified's Season 4.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Oswalt will appear on the FX series as Bob Sweeney, a local constable who went to high school with Raylan and has been hired by the lawman to watch Arlo's house.

Lest anyone suspect Oswalt is dialing it down completely for this visit to Harlan County, know that Bob has a single football tale he tells over and over from his high school glory days, Al Bundy-style, while a bid to help Raylan capture a bail jumper are humorous — and maybe even successful!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 03, 2012, 12:51:19 AM
Weird...

QuoteFunnyman Patton Oswalt is set to pop up on one of TV's acclaimed dramas, with a recurring role in Justified's Season 4.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Oswalt will appear on the FX series as Bob Sweeney, a local constable who went to high school with Raylan and has been hired by the lawman to watch Arlo's house.

Lest anyone suspect Oswalt is dialing it down completely for this visit to Harlan County, know that Bob has a single football tale he tells over and over from his high school glory days, Al Bundy-style, while a bid to help Raylan capture a bail jumper are humorous — and maybe even successful!

Great. I can't wait until he dies.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2012, 09:55:26 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 03, 2012, 09:35:23 AM
Weird...

Season premiere on January 8th.  Archer premiere follows shortly after on the 17th.

I like January.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/11/archer-and-justified-have-premiere-dates/#more-179446

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 28, 2012, 09:55:26 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 03, 2012, 09:35:23 AM
Weird...

Season premiere on January 8th.  Archer premiere follows shortly after on the 17th.

I like January.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/11/archer-and-justified-have-premiere-dates/#more-179446

Best news I've heard today.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »
Season 4 Promo:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/12/justified-season-four-promo/#more-181466

Boyd Crowder, snake handler?  Hot damn.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: January 09, 2013, 11:16:59 AM »
Nobody?  Nothing?  I'll go first...very good opener.  I enjoyed Boyd's frustration with the day-to-day drudgery of running a criminal operation.  It's all fun and games when you're blowing up meth trailers, but once you've elimnated the competition, it's just like any other desk job.

Also liked Patton Oswalt as the constable.  He's just the right mix of sad sack and near competence.

If I had to take one lesson away from last night it's this:

Don't ever turn your back on Arlo Givens.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: January 09, 2013, 11:31:14 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 09, 2013, 11:16:59 AM

Also liked Patton Oswalt as the constable.  He's just the right mix of sad sack and near competence.

Patton Oswalt has been very effective in the Patton Oswalt role on other shows as well. He was good on "Burn Notice".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: January 09, 2013, 12:41:22 PM »
Nobody?  Nothing?  I'll go first...very good opener.  I enjoyed Boyd's frustration with the day-to-day drudgery of running a criminal operation.  It's all fun and games when you're blowing up meth trailers, but once you've elimnated the competition, it's just like any other desk job.

I was reminded last night of how much I missed this show.  Absolutely outstanding episode.  (Although I would have liked to see Raylan screw over the teen-aged terrors and their auto-crushing accomplice.  It was not enough to see an elbow to the nose and a knife in the foot.)  I kind of liked Raylan's prisoner.  He was simultaneously threatening and sympathetic.  Where have we seen the guy who becomes Boyd's new sidekick before?   His voice is familiar but his face wasn't.  Maybe it was the long hair?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: January 09, 2013, 05:10:39 PM »
I think Dewey Crowe should come back and make an honest woman out of Ellen May.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 09, 2013, 12:41:22 PM

I was reminded last night of how much I missed this show.  Absolutely outstanding episode.  (Although I would have liked to see Raylan screw over the teen-aged terrors and their auto-crushing accomplice.  It was not enough to see an elbow to the nose and a knife in the foot.)  I kind of liked Raylan's prisoner.  He was simultaneously threatening and sympathetic.  Where have we seen the guy who becomes Boyd's new sidekick before?   His voice is familiar but his face wasn't.  Maybe it was the long hair?

Ron Eldard.  He has been in many things:  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0253035/
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2013, 08:31:41 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 09, 2013, 05:10:39 PM

Those would be the dumbest babies ever.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2013, 08:42:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 09, 2013, 08:31:41 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 09, 2013, 05:10:39 PM

Those would be the dumbest babies ever.

Dumb babies with hearts of gold.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2013, 08:42:51 PM »
Alternately: Stupid babies need the most attention!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2013, 10:49:26 PM »
Wow, 2nd episode was great.  I still can't decide which scenes were the best:

Boyd vs. Billy the Preacher.

The scene between Boyd and Wynn Duffy.

Art, Gutterson and Raylan road tripping and shooting the shit.

The three marshalls vs. the Truth clan.

Maybe I've seen The Wild Bunch too many times, but when those kids came into the bar singing "Shall We Gather By The River" I was expecting a shootout to start.