News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justified  ( 52,235 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Justified
« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2013, 12:23:53 AM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Art and the AUSA dude know that Raylan set Nicky up. There is a rat in that office, whoever told Theo's people that Shelby was gumming up his deal on account of Ellen May. Unless I missed it, we never found out who let that information out - Shelby was being held in top secret with nobody allowed to speak with him, including his attorney.

Raylan may have to answer for setting Nicky up to be executed. And he may be out of a job and on his way to the dark side for good.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 11, 2013, 12:23:53 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Art and the AUSA dude know that Raylan set Nicky up. There is a rat in that office, whoever told Theo's people that Shelby was gumming up his deal on account of Ellen May. Unless I missed it, we never found out who let that information out - Shelby was being held in top secret with nobody allowed to speak with him, including his attorney.

Yeah, I was wondering if that's going to be pursued.  Tonin had pretty easy access to the FBI office, they've probably got somebody on the inside with the Marshals too.  Shit, it wouldn't shock me that much if they've got the AUSA in their pocket.

QuoteRaylan may have to answer for setting Nicky up to be executed. And he may be out of a job and on his way to the dark side for good.

Dark side?  Really?  Raylan sat across from Nicky Augustine, listened to him threaten his family and didn't pull the trigger on him.  If anything was going to push him over, it was that.  I don't think Art gives a shit what happened to Nicky as long as the bullet didn't come out of Raylan's gun.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:27 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 11, 2013, 10:53:27 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 11, 2013, 12:23:53 AM

Yeah, I was wondering if that's going to be pursued.  Tonin had pretty easy access to the FBI office, they've probably got somebody on the inside with the Marshals too.  Shit, it wouldn't shock me that much if they've got the AUSA in their pocket.

QuoteRaylan may have to answer for setting Nicky up to be executed. And he may be out of a job and on his way to the dark side for good.

Dark side?  Really?  Raylan sat across from Nicky Augustine, listened to him threaten his family and didn't pull the trigger on him.  If anything was going to push him over, it was that.  I don't think Art gives a shit what happened to Nicky as long as the bullet didn't come out of Raylan's gun.

Of course it's not the same thing as far as the law is concerned. But it's another layer of ambiguity. I don't think Raylan is going Walter White or anything but the question keeps coming up: What makes you think that you're the good guy? His hatred for Arlo drives him more than any altruistic motive. That's apparent. This is Luke Skywalker only not so clearly verbalized.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2013, 12:02:07 PM »
I assume this means we'll be seeing more Dewey Crowe this season.

QuoteTV Line reports that the fifth season will introduce Michael Rapaport as Dale Crowe Jr., the "sexy and charismatic patriarch of a white-trash Florida crime family," whose "sexy charisma" mostly involves sounding like a hyperactive Brooklyn guy, we're assuming. Dale is an ex-con (we say redundantly, as this is Justified) who's also a relative of Boyd's idiotic associate Dewey Crowe, though far smarter and savvier, even more so than on the Crowe sliding scale

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 03, 2013, 12:02:07 PM
I assume this means we'll be seeing more Dewey Crowe this season.

QuoteTV Line reports that the fifth season will introduce Michael Rapaport as Dale Crowe Jr., the "sexy and charismatic patriarch of a white-trash Florida crime family," whose "sexy charisma" mostly involves sounding like a hyperactive Brooklyn guy, we're assuming. Dale is an ex-con (we say redundantly, as this is Justified) who's also a relative of Boyd's idiotic associate Dewey Crowe, though far smarter and savvier, even more so than on the Crowe sliding scale

I can't fathom a single possibility in existence that would prompt someone to call Michael Rapaport "sexy." It absolutely boggles the mind.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: January 08, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »
A good, bloody start. 

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2014, 04:34:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 08, 2014, 03:33:43 PM
A good, bloody start. 

What? When?

FUCK
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2014, 10:18:02 AM »
A good, bloody start. 

I am a little under the weather.  I had a difficult time following what was going on.  Every time I started to understand a new character he was killed off.  If the show went on 15 minutes longer they would have run out of cast and had to resort to using animated characters.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2014, 10:54:03 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 09, 2014, 10:18:02 AM
A good, bloody start. 

I am a little under the weather.  I had a difficult time following what was going on.  Every time I started to understand a new character he was killed off.  If the show went on 15 minutes longer they would have run out of cast and had to resort to using animated characters.

Part of CT's master plan for all shows to be cartoons.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
A good, bloody start. 

**VAGUE SPOILERS**

I would agree with you a bit there Stew.  The body count was pretty damn high (I counted 10 if Paxton's beating proves fatal) and it was a rare episode that took place almost entirely outside Harlan. 

Anyway, it was basically a big setup episode, where some pretty major old pieces were swept off the board to make room for some new ones.  Looking forward to it.

Thoughts:

Dewey Crowe, David Vasquez, Judge Reardon and Raylan makes for a strong cold open.
Whatever you want to say about Nicky Augustine and Robert Quarles, they certainly had the measure of Sammie Tonin.
Boyd and Wynn Duffy should take more road trips.
In an episode with a lot of killing, there was one character I was certain would catch a bullet, and I was glad he didn't.
I hope we are going to see more of Dave Foley and Will Sasso as the semi-polite Canadian gangsters.
Best running gag: Boyd's increasing consternation with being asked about his ear wound.
I thought Michael Rappaport was good as the head of the Florida Crowes.  I'll leave it to Apex to judge his sexiness.

"The idea behind organized crime is that it's supposed to be organized."

"I didn't take you for a tennis fan, Mr. Crowder, but the only reason I can see you calling at this hour is to discuss Azarenka's last match."

"It's a common name"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2014, 12:13:32 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 09, 2014, 11:12:34 AM
A good, bloody start. 

**VAGUE SPOILERS**

I would agree with you a bit there Stew.  The body count was pretty damn high (I counted 10 if Paxton's beating proves fatal) and it was a rare episode that took place almost entirely outside Harlan. 

Anyway, it was basically a big setup episode, where some pretty major old pieces were swept off the board to make room for some new ones.  Looking forward to it.

Thoughts:

Dewey Crowe, David Vasquez, Judge Reardon and Raylan makes for a strong cold open.
Whatever you want to say about Nicky Augustine and Robert Quarles, they certainly had the measure of Sammie Tonin.
In an episode with a lot of killing, there was one character I was certain would catch a bullet, and I was glad he didn't.
I hope we are going to see more of Dave Foley and Will Sasso as the semi-polite Canadian gangsters.
Best running gag: Boyd's increasing consternation with being asked about his ear wound.
I thought Michael Rappaport was good as the head of the Florida Crowes.  I'll leave it to Apex to judge his sexiness.

"I didn't take you for a tennis fan, Mr. Crowder, but the only reason I can see you calling at this hour is to discuss Azarenka's last match."

"It's a common name"

They must have an increased Guest Star budget because there were a ton of them in this episode - they were even consistent with bringing back the same actor as Raylan's boss from the pilot. Only downside to this one was no Gutterson.

Yeah they were telegraphing the hell out of Koechner meeting his demise but glad he didn't. Nice move to have a family man around to weigh on Raylan's conscience for being a deadbeat.

Speaking of body counts, looking forward to Boyd & Wynn connecting with the Mexican cartels. That should end well for everyone.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
I remember the early days when Raylan's hat was a star of the show.  They never talk about his hat anymore.  Ah.  The good old days.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: January 09, 2014, 12:48:45 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 09, 2014, 12:13:32 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 09, 2014, 11:12:34 AM
A good, bloody start. 

**VAGUE SPOILERS**

Thoughts:

"It's a common name"

They must have an increased Guest Star budget because there were a ton of them in this episode - they were even consistent with bringing back the same actor as Raylan's boss from the pilot. Only downside to this one was no Gutterson.

Yeah they were telegraphing the hell out of Koechner meeting his demise but glad he didn't. Nice move to have a family man around to weigh on Raylan's conscience for being a deadbeat.

Speaking of body counts, looking forward to Boyd & Wynn connecting with the Mexican cartels. That should end well for everyone.

Also, nice to see that Wade Messer found himself honest work, as it were.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2014, 12:59:46 PM »
Very good first episode. The good things about this show - the characters and the dialogue remain undefeated.

I was very confused by the last scene however. Why in the hell would Paxton taunt Boyd that way, knowing full well he'd end up dead? I don't understand that. Anybody have any clue?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 09, 2014, 12:59:46 PM
Very good first episode. The good things about this show - the characters and the dialogue remain undefeated.

I was very confused by the last scene however. Why in the hell would Paxton taunt Boyd that way, knowing full well he'd end up dead? I don't understand that. Anybody have any clue?

I'm not clear on that myself.  I'm also not sure why Boyd would leave a witness.