News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010  ( 30,565 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »
On the positive side, Cutler looked pretty good.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2010, 03:55:34 PM »
On the positive side, the Bears beat the shit out of the Lions up and down the field all damn day and aside from a few stupid turnovers, this game would have ended 30-13 or so.  They got lucky on the last call-oh well.  Just cut out the bullshit turnovers and they might not be half bad.  Lord knows the defense is going to be okay. 

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2010, 04:07:50 PM »
Ball in hands, two feet in.  Bears lose, no?

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2010, 03:14:18 PM
Thank Gord the fix was in.

at least Obama is good for something.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 12, 2010, 03:50:40 PM

If by good you mean lacking in DA FIRE AND DA PASSION!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2010, 04:12:01 PM »
Quote from: BBM on September 12, 2010, 04:10:07 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2010, 03:14:18 PM
Thank Gord the fix was in.

at least Obama is good for something.

Bears Radioooooooooooo WBBM!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2010, 04:15:07 PM »

Thank God that dude can take a hit the way he does. I keep expecting him not to get up. But somehow he does. I know someday he won't. He'll be a puddle of something that used be Jay Cutler and we'll all hang our heads in sorrow as he's squeegee'd off the turf. If I were him I'd hate those linemen and Angelo with the fire of a thousand Aaron Rowands.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2010, 04:15:07 PM

Thank God that dude can take a hit the way he does. I keep expecting him not to get up. But somehow he does. I know someday he won't. He'll be a puddle of something that used be Jay Cutler and we'll all hang our heads in sorrow as he's squeegee'd off the turf. If I were him I'd hate those linemen and Angelo with the fire of a thousand Aaron Rowands.

Speaking of gruesome injuries, Leonard Weaver's just made me nauseous.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2010, 05:22:45 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2010, 04:15:07 PM

But then the meatballs will splooge over

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
Jesus Christ, nancies. Fumbles are fluke plays. They'll go away. They marched up and down the field all day long and they dominated the Detroit offense the way they should have except for Lovie's awful prevent defense scheme that's thrown away more games than I can count the last three years. Cutler had a 108.3 rating and threw for 372 yards. Fuck PenFoe until his ears bleed. The run defense sucked balls last year and yet they held the Lions run game to 20 net yards rushing. The secondary actually held Calvin Johnson in check except for one play that wasn't that should mostly be blamed on a horrible playcall. I don't expect 3 fumbles every week. But the 9 minute edge in time of possession? The nearly 300 yard advantage in total yardage? the 21-13 first down edge? Aren't we supposed to be the assholes that look at the overwhelming statistical edge and conclude that the flukey plays were just that? Christ almighty. Go talk to Fro Dog. He's probably busy blaming Charles Tillman for the Touchdown That Never Was even though Zack Bowman was on the coverage. Take your win and shut the hell up. You bore me.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2010, 05:32:57 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2010, 05:26:22 PM
Jesus Christ, nancies. Fumbles are fluke plays. They'll go away. They marched up and down the field all day long and they dominated the Detroit offense the way they should have except for Lovie's awful prevent defense scheme that's thrown away more games than I can count the last three years. Cutler had a 108.3 rating and threw for 372 yards. Fuck PenFoe until his ears bleed. The run defense sucked balls last year and yet they held the Lions run game to 20 net yards rushing. The secondary actually held Calvin Johnson in check except for one play that wasn't that should mostly be blamed on a horrible playcall. I don't expect 3 fumbles every week. But the 9 minute edge in time of possession? The nearly 300 yard advantage in total yardage? the 21-13 first down edge? Aren't we supposed to be the assholes that look at the overwhelming statistical edge and conclude that the flukey plays were just that? Christ almighty. Go talk to Fro Dog. He's probably busy blaming Charles Tillman for the Touchdown That Never Was even though Zack Bowman was on the coverage. Take your win and shut the hell up. You bore me.

You're right, but I still hate Greg Olsen.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2010, 05:34:10 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 12, 2010, 05:32:57 PM

THIS. He's rapidly approaching the McNown-Salaam-Enis triumvirate for my mosted hated Bears first round pick. That cock bag has no discernible value. He's a slow wide receiver.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2010, 05:34:10 PM

THIS. He's rapidly approaching the McNown-Salaam-Enis triumvirate for my mosted hated Bears first round pick. That cock bag has no discernible value. He's a slow wide receiver.

I'd feel a lot better about all those statistical advantages if

(a) The offensive line didn't look like the steaming pile of catshit that it was last year. 1st & goal inside the 1 and they can't score? Cutler running for his life on 3 out of 4 plays?
(b) It wasn't the Lions. Especially a Lions team operating at half-Stafford.

But other than the line and some dipshit coaching I see plenty of positive. Martz found a way to use the running backs in the passing game since the assholes on the line can't block. And I liked his use of screen plays (successful screen plays! Holy shit!) to try to slow down the defensive line jailbreak as much as possible. Peppers made the impact he should. Secondary was solid. And if the linebackers stay healthy they are going to melt some faces this year.

And christ on a bike does Thom need to die and die soon. That smarmy fuckwit made me want to leap inside my TV and strangle him to death with Hester's ponytail.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2010, 05:53:03 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 12, 2010, 05:46:49 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2010, 05:34:10 PM

I'd feel a lot better about all those statistical advantages if

(a) The offensive line didn't look like the steaming pile of catshit that it was last year. 1st & goal inside the 1 and they can't score? Cutler running for his life on 3 out of 4 plays?
(b) It wasn't the Lions. Especially a Lions team operating at half-Stafford.

But other than the line and some dipshit coaching I see plenty of positive. Martz found a way to use the running backs in the passing game since the assholes on the line can't block. And I liked his use of screen plays (successful screen plays! Holy shit!) to try to slow down the defensive line jailbreak as much as possible. Peppers made the impact he should. Secondary was solid. And if the linebackers stay healthy they are going to melt some faces this year.

And christ on a bike does Thom need to die and die soon. That smarmy fuckwit made me want to leap inside my TV and strangle him to death with Hester's ponytail.

I didn't think the offensive line looked as bad as they did last year. Martz just sends as many guys out as he can and doesn't keep many in. He gambles that Cutler will find his guy before they find Cutler. When the wideouts aren't open, you run for your life. That's the tradeoff you can expect if you want to keep seeing 372 yards passing. I'll take Cutler running for his life half the time in order to throw the ball 20-30 yards downfield and move the ball vs. Cutler running for his life half the time in order to for Ron Turner to call a four yard Tight End out.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2010, 05:57:26 PM »
Imagine if the Bears had one real wideout. Wow, that'd be pretty awesome.