News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010  ( 30,534 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:01 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 13, 2010, 09:38:41 AM
Quote from: Yeti on September 13, 2010, 08:24:03 AM
Bears looked pretty good yesterday. What's everyone else think?

I think that they were playing the Lions.

I think the Lions are better than everybody thinks they are. They have talent at WR, QB, RB and DL. In the NFL you can get good overnight. If the Arizona Cardinals can go deep in the playoffs two years straight, the Lions can finish 8-8. I'm just saying. If Julius Peppers hadn't ripped Stafford's arm off and fed it to him the Bears would have been in serious trouble. But alas...
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 13, 2010, 09:45:01 AM

I think the Lions are better than everybody thinks they are. They have talent at WR, QB, RB and DL. In the NFL you can get good overnight. If the Arizona Cardinals can go deep in the playoffs two years straight, the Lions can finish 8-8. I'm just saying. If Julius Peppers hadn't ripped Stafford's arm off and fed it to him the Bears would have been in serious trouble. But alas...

Allow me to finish the sentence..." But alas, Jim Schwartz is retarded.  Thankfully."
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2010, 09:47:17 AM »
By the way, my TOMMIE-JEWISHPEPPERS-URLACHER-BRIGGS-P'NUT chub is working overtime upon my second viewing of the game. I'm just saying look out for me today.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2010, 09:47:41 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 13, 2010, 09:46:03 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 13, 2010, 09:45:01 AM

Allow me to finish the sentence..." But alas, Jim Schwartz is retarded.  Thankfully."

THI!

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2010, 10:38:31 AM »
I just want to remind everyone that Lovie had a chance to take the lead late in the game and chose not to.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2010, 10:38:31 AM
I just want to remind everyone that Lovie had a chance to take the lead late in the game and chose not to.

He's a dumbfuck. Thing is, the team played pretty well other than the fumbling. And those 4 plays right there. Other than that, he's a dumbfuck, but he's still in charge of a team that played pretty well.

So I'm torn.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:20 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 13, 2010, 10:44:45 AM

He's a dumbfuck. Thing is, the team played pretty well other than the fumbling. And those 4 plays right there. Other than that, he's a dumbfuck, but he's still in charge of a team that played pretty well.

So I'm torn.

I'm torn too. That decision is driving me crazy though, and I didn't want the "process rule" to overshadow how stupid that was.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:38 AM »

Trust me, I haven't forgotten it. My buddy who was at my house said he wasn't against the call but I was. I thought it was dumb. Take the lead, and if Lovie was that confident in his defense he should have been fine with giving them the ball at the D20, have them go 3 & out and get the ball at the C35-40, with the lead.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »

That call didn't and still doesn't bother me. The fact that the O-line couldn't get a yard on three carries is what bothers me the most.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2010, 11:14:50 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 13, 2010, 10:46:38 AM

Trust me, I haven't forgotten it. My buddy who was at my house said he wasn't against the call but I was. I thought it was dumb. Take the lead, and if Lovie was that confident in his defense he should have been fine with giving them the ball at the D20, have them go 3 & out and get the ball at the C35-40, with the lead.

Well he is a Lions and Tigers fan, that's why.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 13, 2010, 11:13:42 AM

That call didn't and still doesn't bother me. The fact that the O-line couldn't get a yard on three carries is what bothers me the most.

That's why you kick the ball....the o-line sucks.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »
Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2010, 11:25:20 AM

Seriously, swallow your pride, don't be a meatball, take the points, and move on.  Maybe if you have the lead you go for it, but in that instance the only call is to take the lead and address the fact that your o-line and fullback can't open up a hole long enough for your halfback to get one fucking yard during the week.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 13, 2010, 11:36:12 AM
Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2010, 11:25:20 AM

Seriously, swallow your pride, don't be a meatball, take the points, and move on.  Maybe if you have the lead you go for it, but in that instance the only call is to take the lead and address the fact that your o-line and fullback can't open up a hole long enough for your halfback to get one fucking yard during the week.

If they were down by four points or something then MAYBE I could defend going for it. But when you can take the lead with a chip shot you take it. How can men in charge of one of THIRTY TWO professional football teams in this country, when so many people think they can do better, be so obtuse? I don't understand.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »

You can be bothered by both of those things, you know.

It's incredibly dumb to not take the lead in the fourth quarter when you can, especially given that Detroit wasn't moving the ball and their starting QB was on the sidelines.  The Lions may have gone another 12 quarters without scoring. 

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:15 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 13, 2010, 11:14:50 AM
Quote from: Yeti on September 13, 2010, 10:46:38 AM

Well he is a Lions and Tigers fan, that's why.

I was not watching it with DT20.. Different friend. Remarkably, I have more than one friend.

HOWEVA, I emailed DT20 this morning. Response:

Quote from: DT20For 400 yards of offense and only 3 touchdowns I think I would be nervous. Especially against our back seven which is probably one of the worst in the NFL.  Mad Martz is washed up and so is Rod (I suck so bad I went 0-16) Marinelli.  Unless Uromasudu and Devin (I can't catch ) Hester have huge seasons Bears won't make 500. Forte is over rated as well. If not for that lapse in defense on the play down the side line he would have had 50 rushing and 70 receiving yards on dink dunk passes. As for the Lions, Stafford is done for up to 4- 6 weeks maybe longer so our season is done unless Hill becomes a pro bowler over night. 3 more years of solid drafts and off seasons we will have a chance. Today just sucks got robbed again by good ole' home cooking. Bears fans would have killed those refs if they would have called a TD it was just a horribly called play. Worst call I have seen in the decade or so I've been watching pro football.  I just feel burned as an NFL fan and nobody is doing anything about it just more talk by the league how another team got screwed because the rules just don't make sense. We had plenty of chances to win the game and just didn't put it away. How your encouraged by the Bears play against us kind of baffles me we are one of the worst teams in the league you should have killed us 40-14 when Stafford went out. I'd be nervous about your offense the Lions forced a lot of punts and you guys had it at the 50 or inside like 5 times and got nothing. It's only week one but I'm going to be hot about this for awhile just the worst call by a ref I have ever seen and he wasn't even near the play to signal a TD. There was a ref starring at the play as it happened and signaled a TD just makes me laugh in disgust how they called that not a TD.

Quote from: Slaky on September 13, 2010, 11:40:29 AM
If they were down by four points or something then MAYBE I could defend going for it. But when you can take the lead with a chip shot you take it. How can men in charge of one of THIRTY TWO professional football teams in this country, when so many people think they can do better, be so obtuse? I don't understand.

THIS. I know as fans we always say "I could do better. These guys are morons!" In reality, most of them could probably whip our ass in coaching a game. However, yesterday, in this situation, they definitely didn't. Wrong decision. PenFoe-ian Wrong