News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010  ( 30,512 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »
And for the vaunted triple-posting douche crown: The Bears are #1 in the league in total offense and #2 in total defense.. Obviously that means nothing after one game, but "worst win ever" seems a bit harsh, no?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2010, 07:09:42 PM
And for the vaunted triple-posting douche crown: The Bears are #1 in the league in total offense and #2 in total defense.. Obviously that means nothing after one game, but "worst win ever" seems a bit harsh, no?

Sure does.

Now let's find the strawman who said that and beat the shit out of him.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2010, 11:02:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 14, 2010, 11:00:04 PM

Sure does.

I did, punk.

Let's fucking go.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2010, 11:11:50 PM
Quote from: PANK! on September 14, 2010, 11:00:04 PM

Sure does.

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=7514.msg225323#msg225323

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=7514.msg225330#msg225330

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=7514.msg225333#msg225333

Oh.  Worst Opening Day win.

I'll get back to you on that.  Right after I get that late season victory over the Rams in 1997 out of my head.  Not only did Wannstedt sacrifice a draft pick in that victory, but when the Bears got a turnover late in the game, he didn't even feel like he should give the American version of Ricardo Mirerez a chance to see if he could punch the ball in for once in that godforsaken season, electing instead to have him hand the ball off  3 times before kicking the game-winning field goal.  Guh.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:02 PM »
So what was a worse Opening Day win?  The day in 1999 when Gary Crowton and his fantabulous contraption of an offense left Gunther Cunningham spitting mad as he walked out of old Soldier Field and we thought the Bears were going to pioneer a new Offensive Age?  Or perhaps the first game after the Super Bowl season in '86 when they let a lowly Browns team rack up an assload of points?  The 10-3 lame-o-rama over the Vikings in1991 when a heretefore unknown Tommy Waddle made a diving TD catch from Jim Harbaugh for the difference in the game?  How about the Opener in 2002 in Champaign when Marty Booker had over 150 yards receiving (note:  could be totally wrong) but also dropped about 300 yards worth of receptions on the Memorial Stadium turf?

I think may agree with you that those may have all been worse.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:02 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 14, 2010, 11:34:02 PM
So what was a worse Opening Day win?  The day in 1999 when Gary Crowton and his fantabulous contraption of an offense left Gunther Cunningham spitting mad as he walked out of old Soldier Field and we thought the Bears were going to pioneer a new Offensive Age?  Or perhaps the first game after the Super Bowl season in '86 when they let a lowly Browns team rack up an assload of points?  The 10-3 lame-o-rama over the Vikings in1991 when a heretefore unknown Tommy Waddle made a diving TD catch from Jim Harbaugh for the difference in the game?  How about the Opener in 2002 in Champaign when Marty Booker had over 150 yards receiving (note:  could be totally wrong) but also dropped about 300 yards worth of receptions on the Memorial Stadium turf?

So you didn't read the CT link either? Sorry. I guess "worst win ever" was mere paraphrasing. Thank God you didn't overreact in any way.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2010, 11:46:34 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2010, 11:41:02 PM
Thank God you didn't overreact in any way.

Pot, meet kettle.

And what's a CT link?  Is that anything like a smokey link?  God I miss those.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »

So you didn't read the CT link either? Sorry. I guess "worst win ever" was mere paraphrasing. Thank God you didn't overreact in any way.

DPD, as an olive branch to end this non-stop cycle of asshurtedness, I will say that I remember that game against the 97 Rams and that would most certainly qualify for worst win ever. Of a more recent vintage I'd probably throw out the 2004 game against the 49ers that was started by Craig Krenzel. Or maybe the Titans game that was at first novel for being the first game won in a safety on OT but more painful for resulting in the near-death-by-internal-bleeding injury to Brian Urlacher.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2010, 11:51:11 PM »
I'm not asshurt; I'm just funnin' you, dude.

Also, I was being serious, and sort of agreeing with you.  All of those games I mentioned were probably worse opening day wins that Sunday's, so lighten up.  Or light up that olive branch of yours and take a hit, because I don't feel I need it.  

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2010, 11:55:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2010, 11:48:25 PM

DPD, as an olive branch to end this non-stop cycle of asshurtedness, I will say that I remember that game against the 97 Rams and that would most certainly qualify for worst win ever. Of a more recent vintage I'd probably throw out the 2004 game against the 49ers that was started by Craig Krenzel. Or maybe the Titans game that was at first novel for being the first game won in a safety on OT but more painful for resulting in the near-death-by-internal-bleeding injury to Brian Urlacher.

DPD.  I can't even remember the other two games Krenzel started to go 3-0 but I'm just going to go out and say that those were probably awful wins.  But that Sunday night game was awful for many reasons--not the least of which is that it put Nate Vasher on the map, and began a long frustrating journey where we were miseld to believe that we actually had 2 blue chip cornerbacks.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2010, 11:59:52 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 14, 2010, 11:55:37 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2010, 11:48:25 PM

DPD.  I can't even remember the other two games Krenzel started to go 3-0 but I'm just going to go out and say that those were probably awful wins.  But that Sunday night game was awful for many reasons--not the least of which is that it put Nate Vasher on the map, and began a long frustrating journey where we were miseld to believe that we actually had 2 blue chip cornerbacks.

But his injury against the Cowboys was the reason for the post Super Bowl failure, so he had to be good right?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »
Now SKO's got me set off on some indeterminate journey to catalogue bad Bears victories.

I think i'll stop with this game, which may well be the worst win in Bears' history.  

Fitting that it happened at Wrigley Field.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: September 15, 2010, 12:51:09 AM »
You guys are both asshurt as dick. Embrace it and keep going. I got my popcorn ready.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2010, 05:24:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 15, 2010, 12:03:38 AM
Now SKO's got me set off on some indeterminate journey to catalogue bad Bears victories.

I think i'll stop with this game, which may well be the worst win in Bears' history.  

Fitting that it happened at Wrigley Field.

Jeebus, you're more retarded than your unborn kid.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.