News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010  ( 30,511 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears vs. Lions Paulcast - Sunday September 12th, 2010
« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 16, 2010, 07:48:53 AM
NFL Rules Committee member and Colts President Bill Polian just told Rich Eisen and NFL Network that Calvin Johnson's play was ruled correctly. He said the coaching phrase that all coaches and officials use is "show me the ball." Johnson didn't do that and hence the play was ruled correctly. He wouldn't even take the bait from Eisen as to whether the rule needed to be changed or clarified - even after the Saints' controversial 2-pt conversion catch in the Super Bowl was brought up. Eisen looked frustrated as dick and he isn't the first broadcaster to hit a wall with Polian.

I ripped the Colts fans a bunch this week but I think I'm just jealous that Bill Polian runs their favorite team while the turd circus running the Bears will never, ever get it right. I bet Polian wouldn't work fort the McCaskeys at any price. 

But he'd work for the Irsays? Granted, Jim Irsay looks like Mother Teresa next to his drunk, addled and confused father, but really?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2010, 09:43:23 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 16, 2010, 09:35:36 AM
NFL Rules Committee member and Colts President Bill Polian just told Rich Eisen and NFL Network that Calvin Johnson's play was ruled correctly. He said the coaching phrase that all coaches and officials use is "show me the ball." Johnson didn't do that and hence the play was ruled correctly. He wouldn't even take the bait from Eisen as to whether the rule needed to be changed or clarified - even after the Saints' controversial 2-pt conversion catch in the Super Bowl was brought up. Eisen looked frustrated as dick and he isn't the first broadcaster to hit a wall with Polian.

I ripped the Colts fans a bunch this week but I think I'm just jealous that Bill Polian runs their favorite team while the turd circus running the Bears will never, ever get it right. I bet Polian wouldn't work fort the McCaskeys at any price. 

But he'd work for the Irsays? Granted, Jim Irsay looks like Mother Teresa next to his drunk, addled and confused father, but really?

Really. Irsay is just one pill-addled freak who has to be managed. For the most part Polian gets what he wants when he wants it. Dealing with the McCaskeys seems damn near impossilbe. I've never heard a single person say a kind word about their working relationship with any of them.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 16, 2010, 09:43:23 AM

Really. Irsay is just one pill-addled freak who has to be managed. For the most part Polian gets what he wants when he wants it. Dealing with the McCaskeys seems damn near impossilbe. I've never heard a single person say a kind word about their working relationship with any of them.

Who tolerates less bullshit?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2010, 10:16:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 16, 2010, 09:45:35 AM

Depends on what your definition of bullshit is. If you're referring to poorly run football franchises and not making the playoffs, the answer is clearly Irsay. He knows enough to keep Polian employed anyway.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: September 16, 2010, 10:32:49 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 16, 2010, 10:16:27 AM

Depends on what your definition of bullshit is. If you're referring to poorly run football franchises and not making the playoffs, the answer is clearly Irsay. He knows enough to keep Polian employed anyway.

You guys are missing the point, which is that the phrase "turd circus" is awesome and I'm stealing it.  We have our new "asshurt".

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: September 16, 2010, 10:34:39 AM »
Quote from: CT III on September 16, 2010, 10:32:49 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 16, 2010, 10:16:27 AM

You guys are missing the point, which is that the phrase "turd circus" is awesome and I'm stealing it.  We have our new "asshurt".

Rhymes don't it? Did I mention I'm a rapper?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2010, 10:57:43 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 16, 2010, 10:54:34 AM
Briggs says women don't belong in locker rooms.

If male reporters can't go in women's lockerrooms, then the reciprocal should stand.

There should not be a mosque at Ground Zero just like there should be no synagogues near the King David Hotel!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

I know that Briggs is going to catch what I think is an undo ration for this, but I agree with him.  I agree that women are entitled to equal access with male reporters, but even football players have a right to privacy.  I don't see anything so monumentally important about a player's opinions about a game that can't wait until after he has dressed and comes out of the locker room, when both male and female reporters can talk to him.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: September 16, 2010, 11:05:55 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 16, 2010, 10:57:43 AM

If male reporters can't go in women's lockerrooms, then the reciprocal should stand.

There are women's lockerrooms now? For sports?

What a world.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: September 16, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 16, 2010, 11:03:54 AM

I know that Briggs is going to catch what I think is an undo ration for this, but I agree with him.  I agree that women are entitled to equal access with male reporters, but even football players have a right to privacy.  I don't see anything so monumentally important about a player's opinions about a game that can't wait until after he has dressed and comes out of the locker room, when both male and female reporters can talk to him.

Yea, I'm with you here. If they go into the locker room, then they should expect catcalls or whatever. (I could tell you some locker room stories as god as my last HS football story that would blow your mind. No woman belongs in there. Sorry) Listening to the Dan Patrick Show the other day, he mentioned a coach said he wouldn't allow women in the locker room. In turn, they decided that there would be a time where players would go talk to the media in a separate room. Plus, this chick probably loves the attention. I don't recall seeing a ring on her finger. I think I'm heading to Mexico now.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: September 16, 2010, 11:28:35 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 16, 2010, 11:15:52 AM

Yea, I'm with you here. If they go into the locker room, then they should expect catcalls or whatever. (I could tell you some locker room stories as god as my last HS football story that would blow your mind. No woman belongs in there. Sorry) Listening to the Dan Patrick Show the other day, he mentioned a coach said he wouldn't allow women in the locker room. In turn, they decided that there would be a time where players would go talk to the media in a separate room. Plus, this chick probably loves the attention. I don't recall seeing a ring on her finger. I think I'm heading to Mexico now.

I don't recall hearing about her having a teenage sister.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: September 16, 2010, 11:38:56 AM »

What about your god stories?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: September 16, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 16, 2010, 11:38:56 AM

A ring on her finger?  Mexico?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: September 16, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 16, 2010, 11:43:08 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 16, 2010, 11:38:56 AM

I know that Briggs is going to catch what I think is an undo ration for this, but I agree with him.  I agree that women are entitled to equal access with male reporters, but even football players have a right to privacy.  I don't see anything so monumentally important about a player's opinions about a game that can't wait until after he has dressed and comes out of the locker room, when both male and female reporters can talk to him.

A ring on her finger?  Mexico?

Don't do it, Yeti. She'd only marry you to stay in the country.