News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,229 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #765 on: April 02, 2015, 09:02:37 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 02, 2015, 08:45:27 PM
Quote from: thehawk on April 02, 2015, 07:51:00 PM
Well the Rooftop owners injunction ruling came out today.  The technical legal term I believe is "the rooftop owners got their asses kicked"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-wrigley-field-rooftop-cubs-ruling-20150402-story.html

Hey, you're the lawyer. I mean, you're no GLEN LERNER, but still.

While I dream of the day I can wear the Extra-Medium Brooks Brothers suit, alas I never will be Glen.  

The judge basically made it clear that none of the roof tops  substantive arguments  are likely to succeed.  i had not realized they were arguing an anti-trust claim, but of course baseball has an anti-trust exemption (and then the judge dinged that claim on the merits for good measure).  Their contract claim was basically summarized to "you thought the landmarks commission would bail you out, they didn't, tough luck"

When the judge turned to the elements of the injunction, she basically called the roof top owners frauds... its pretty remarkable.

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #766 on: April 02, 2015, 10:00:36 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 02, 2015, 09:02:37 PM
Well the Rooftop owners injunction ruling came out today.  The technical legal term I believe is "the rooftop owners got their asses kicked"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-wrigley-field-rooftop-cubs-ruling-20150402-story.html

While I dream of the day I can wear the Extra-Medium Brooks Brothers suit, alas I never will be Glen. 

The judge basically made it clear that none of the roof tops  substantive arguments  are likely to succeed.  i had not realized they were arguing an anti-trust claim, but of course baseball has an anti-trust exemption (and then the judge dinged that claim on the merits for good measure).  Their contract claim was basically summarized to "you thought the landmarks commission would bail you out, they didn't, tough luck"

When the judge turned to the elements of the injunction, she basically called the roof top owners frauds... its pretty remarkable.

But after that, the

...suspense is killing me?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #767 on: April 02, 2015, 10:21:35 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 02, 2015, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: thehawk on April 02, 2015, 09:02:37 PM
Well the Rooftop owners injunction ruling came out today.  The technical legal term I believe is "the rooftop owners got their asses kicked"

The judge basically made it clear that none of the roof tops  substantive arguments  are likely to succeed.  i had not realized they were arguing an anti-trust claim, but of course baseball has an anti-trust exemption (and then the judge dinged that claim on the merits for good measure).  Their contract claim was basically summarized to "you thought the landmarks commission would bail you out, they didn't, tough luck"

But after that, the

...suspense is killing me?

Oops, I effectively get paid by the word, had a couple of extra ones.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: May 05, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
Kris Bryant is such a standup guy he's been saving his homers for Cubs fans in the bleachers.  Won't have to wait much longer.

Edited to add: Ever wanted to watch a game from 400 feet away only to have the whole thing ruined by being forced to sit down for three hours?  Good news, now you can kill your knees in the brand-new Left Field Well and root for extra innings:

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: August 16, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »
DPD. From MLBTR:

QuoteAs team president Theo Epstein enters his walk year in 2016, Cubs owner Tom Ricketts is expected to start discussing a new deal with him soon.   If he can't offer him enough money to stay in Chicago, Cafardo wonders aloud if he could go elsewhere or maybe even circle back to the Red Sox.

Look, we give Ricketts plenty of shit, but there's no way he doesn't extend Theo. Right? First, apparently Cafardo gets his financial information about the Cubs from the Sun-Times, and second, this reads like someone who's just viewing things through a Red Sox filter.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #770 on: August 16, 2015, 12:44:50 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 16, 2015, 12:26:15 PM
DPD. From MLBTR:

QuoteAs team president Theo Epstein enters his walk year in 2016, Cubs owner Tom Ricketts is expected to start discussing a new deal with him soon.   If he can't offer him enough money to stay in Chicago, Cafardo wonders aloud if he could go elsewhere or maybe even circle back to the Red Sox.

Look, we give Ricketts plenty of shit, but there's no way he doesn't extend Theo. Right? First, apparently Cafardo gets his financial information about the Cubs from the Sun-Times, and second, this reads like someone who's just viewing things through a Red Sox filter.

I just read something about this.  I don't remember where but the gist is that Friedman is getting $7MM from The Dodgers.  Offer Theo $8MM and we're all good.  I guess it also may depend on what Dombrowski gets (and, he may end up in Boston).  I'm not worried that Theo is going anywhere.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: August 16, 2015, 08:54:04 PM »
DPD. From MLBTR:

I have a feeling that if Theo doesn't come back, it's not because the Ricketts are cheap. It's because Theo goes outside of baseball.  Hell, Ricketts himself kind of laid that ground in an article where he praised Theo saying that he'd be a success in whatever industry he would be in.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: August 16, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 16, 2015, 08:54:04 PM
DPD. From MLBTR:

I have a feeling that if Theo doesn't come back, it's not because the Ricketts are cheap. It's because Theo goes outside of baseball.  Hell, Ricketts himself kind of laid that ground in an article where he praised Theo saying that he'd be a success in whatever industry he would be in.

Once he wins the Series with the Cubs, he moves onto the Detroit Lions.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #773 on: August 16, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 16, 2015, 08:58:58 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 16, 2015, 08:54:04 PM
DPD. From MLBTR:

Once he wins the Series with the Cubs, he moves onto the Detroit Lions Chicago Bears.
Pace is terrible'd

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: August 17, 2015, 03:10:13 AM »
Professionally, I can't see Theo leaving things as they are. His work isn't done.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: August 17, 2015, 07:26:56 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 17, 2015, 03:10:13 AM
Professionally, I can't see Theo leaving things as they are. His work isn't done.

I could see it, if only because he may want to see his pal Jed finally get the credit, having built a base for sustained success.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #776 on: August 17, 2015, 08:11:19 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 17, 2015, 07:26:56 AM

I could see it, if only because he may want to see his pal Jed finally get the credit, having built a base for sustained success.

Yep. I think that's a big reason why Jed's name doesn't come up for other jobs: The Cubs job will be his soon. I mean, Kenny Williams for Toronto over Jed Hoyer?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #777 on: August 17, 2015, 08:17:15 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 17, 2015, 08:11:19 AM

Yep. I think that's a big reason why Jed's name doesn't come up for other jobs: The Cubs job will be his soon. I mean, Kenny Williams for Toronto over Jed Hoyer?

Yeah, I think Theo's plan has kind of always been to turn the show entirely over to Jed at some point, it's just a matter of when.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #778 on: August 17, 2015, 08:27:53 AM »

Look, I'm really happy with everything Theo Epstein has done here, and I'm sure he's an OK guy. But he's never been particularly long on humility.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #779 on: August 17, 2015, 08:37:08 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 17, 2015, 08:27:53 AM

Look, I'm really happy with everything Theo Epstein has done here, and I'm sure he's an OK guy. But he's never been particularly long on humility.

Yeah but if the Cubs win the series this year, or next year, or in 2017 or 2018 after Theo leaves, he's going to get the credit. This will always be the team that Theo built. Leaving just ensures that maybe people will at least remember that Jed did some of it, too.