News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: You Tube discoveries  ( 410,154 )

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: You Tube discoveries
« Reply #795 on: July 02, 2008, 11:52:40 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on July 02, 2008, 10:41:18 AM
Quote from: Jon on July 02, 2008, 09:04:28 AM
Another good style guide:
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/orwell46.htm

QuoteBut one can often be in doubt about the effect of a word or a phrase, and one needs rules that one can rely on when instinct fails. I think the following rules will cover most cases:

(i) Never gild the lily by using a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print. Think outside the box, lest you beat a proverbial dead horse.

(ii) Never utilize sesquipedalian verbiage where compendious phraseology will suffice.

(iii) If it is possible to cut an unnecessary, superfluous word out, always cut that extraneous word out.

(iv) The passive should not be used where the active could be.

(v) Never use un mot étrangère, technical lexis, or 733t5p34k if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.

(vi) Break any of these rules sooner than sound like Bocaj.

Mike Fontenot is a simulacrum'd

Dude, you need to embolden your changes. Embolden? Embiggen? Either way, that post was most cromulent.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #796 on: July 02, 2008, 11:56:28 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on July 02, 2008, 11:52:40 AM

QuoteBut one can often be in doubt about the effect of a word or a phrase, and one needs rules that one can rely on when instinct fails. I think the following rules will cover most cases:

(i) Never gild the lily by using a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print. Think outside the box, lest you beat a proverbial dead horse.

(ii) Never utilize sesquipedalian verbiage where compendious phraseology will suffice.

(iii) If it is possible to cut an unnecessary, superfluous word out, always cut that extraneous word out.

(v) Never use un mot étrangère, technical lexis, or 733t5p34k if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.

Dude, you need to embolden your changes. Embolden? Embiggen? Either way, that post was most cromulent.

Upon further perusal, I have cogitated that the rubric "Genius," while oft applied in a manner both jejune and impetuous to such ephmera as the daily cogitations of an internet journal is not disingenously apllied to this missive.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

bocaj

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #797 on: July 02, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »
Quote from: Jon on July 02, 2008, 11:56:28 AM
Quote from: 5laky on July 02, 2008, 11:52:40 AM

Upon further perusal, I have cogitated that the rubric "Genius," while oft applied in a manner both jejune and impetuous to such ephmera as the daily cogitations of an internet journal is not disingenously apllied to this missive.

You're such a douche, college!
How can we win, when fools can be kings? Don't waste your time or time will waste you...

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #798 on: July 02, 2008, 11:05:17 PM »
Quote from: bocaj on June 30, 2008, 07:52:42 PM
Do you have some sort of fetish for Eastern religion? 'Cause you seem quite articulate on the subject--along with just all other mysticistic jibber-jabber in general. Your mannerisms seem a little more highbrow then what would be expected on such a site: is this just your way of flexing your secondary learnedness in front of those less as such? Seems your just taking the easy way out, actually; but, you shouldn't, you give yourself too little credit. Just stick with it, you're still a young kid. Actually, I take it back, these other guys are bright, as well. So, nothing ventured nothing gained, though, right. As the old man in the coat furred with oak lucidly said thrice to the setting sun.

Aw, crap, I'm afraid I've missed all of this as a result of recovering from an amateur Beckerovka treatment for gout some three days ago.  Did I actually post the koan regarding shaving the dog versus writing "insert here" on your toddler brother's rear end and setting him loose in the neighborhood?  It's the last thing I recall.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #799 on: July 03, 2008, 08:44:16 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 02, 2008, 11:05:17 PMan amateur Beckerovka treatment for gout some three days ago.
Homoepathic remedies are the best.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #800 on: July 03, 2008, 09:08:16 AM »
Quote from: Jon on July 03, 2008, 08:44:16 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on July 02, 2008, 11:05:17 PMan amateur Beckerovka treatment for gout some three days ago.

Homophobe.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #801 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:28 AM »

Dr. Yeti? Paging Dr. Yeti?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #802 on: July 03, 2008, 10:11:02 AM »
Quote from: RV on July 03, 2008, 09:32:28 AM

Dr. Yeti? Paging Dr. Yeti?
Or Dr. Freud.

Damn this theatre "career."

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #803 on: July 08, 2008, 12:17:34 AM »
This provided 4 minutes of solid amusement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmykSZcT3cA&feature=related
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #804 on: July 08, 2008, 12:41:43 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 08, 2008, 12:17:34 AM
This provided 4 minutes of solid amusement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmykSZcT3cA&feature=related

You copied and pasted the wrong link, didn't you?
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #805 on: July 08, 2008, 01:29:35 PM »
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #806 on: July 08, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #807 on: July 09, 2008, 05:06:32 AM »
Well, I'll be jiggered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdc0Oq1VwH4

"We're going to put on our fish costumes" is inspired.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #808 on: July 09, 2008, 05:34:03 AM »
This may be worth a look for all the youtube addicts out there:
http://lifehacker.com/software/exclusive-lifehacker-download/better-youtube-firefox-extension-319925.php

I am a big fan of Theatre mode.  Gets rid of all the extra shit and just gives you the video, nice and big.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #809 on: July 09, 2008, 10:28:29 PM »
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.