News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: You Tube discoveries  ( 410,164 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: You Tube discoveries
« Reply #1740 on: November 20, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 20, 2012, 09:09:52 AM
I have $10 that says Mike D. sits down and watches the entire 3:18 (that's 3 hours, 18 mins) before the weekend is out.

I watched the first 20 mins this morning, fast-forwarded to about the 40:00 mark when Sen. Charles Percy makes an appearance, and stay through all the fun.

Enjoy!

You know what an old man wants to see.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1741 on: November 20, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »
That made my morning.  So much goodness there.  I also now realize that Zim had perfected his "bull into a fight head first and get tossed away" technique two decades earlier than I had thought.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1742 on: November 20, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
Baseball needs more fights. The mid-80s might have been the camelot of bench-clearing brawls.

The Atlanta-SD brawl
Zonk vs. Ed Lynch
This one.
The world (on behalf of Andre Dawson) vs. Eric Show

What do we get nowadays? Nothing.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1743 on: November 20, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 20, 2012, 09:15:41 AM
Quote from: Brownie on November 20, 2012, 09:09:52 AM
I have $10 that says Mike D. sits down and watches the entire 3:18 (that's 3 hours, 18 mins) before the weekend is out.

I watched the first 20 mins this morning, fast-forwarded to about the 40:00 mark when Sen. Charles Percy makes an appearance, and stay through all the fun.

Enjoy!

You know what an old man wants to see.

I remember watching that game at my friend Kevin's house after a sleepover.  He and his dad were Sox fans.  I was stoked because it was Eckersely's Cub debut, having just arrived in the trade for Bill Buckner (Mike Brumley also came to the Cubs in the deal).  IIRC Eck wore #40,  which Sutcliffe took a few weeks later when he arrived for Mel Hall and Joe Carter (and Darryl Banks and Don Schulze, with Ron Hassey and George Frazier coming here with Sutcliffe).  Though I was stoked, I was still annoyed at having to listen to the game on the radio the day before (one of the very few times a game was entirely blacked out) wherein the Cubs blew a late lead, handing the win to John Franco.

Don't recall soon-to-be-defeated-for-his-US-Senate-Seat-by-Paul-Simon Charles Percey having been in attendance but I still vividly recall--and can still taste the bloodlust worked up over--punk ass bitch Mario Soto inexplicably attacking Don Zimmer, as Zimmer argued about Cey's (Moreland's?) home run, causing Zimmer to swallow his chew and barf on the field.

Thanks, TJ.  You've made me giddy with excitement.

*unzips pants, goes to link*

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1744 on: November 20, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on November 20, 2012, 09:56:08 AM
That made my morning.  So much goodness there.  I also now realize that Zim had perfected his "bull into a fight head first and get tossed away" technique two decades earlier than I had thought.

Looks like someone wasn't reading 94 Years and Counting.

Quote from: The Meatball Savant on Monday, October 13th, 2003In watching Pedro Martinez "OLE!" a bullrushing, 72-year old Don Zimmer and drop him on his bulbous, metal encased head, I flashed back to that warm May afternoon in 1984 when the 53-year old Zimmer, then coaching third base for Jim Frey's NL Central Division Winning Cubs, was dropped to the Wrigley Field turf by an enraged Mario Soto of Cincinnati, causing Zim to swallow his chew and practically ralph.

Anybody remember that?

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1745 on: November 20, 2012, 10:49:45 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 20, 2012, 10:41:23 AM

Quote from: The Meatball Savant on Monday, October 13th, 2003In watching Pedro Martinez "OLE!" a bullrushing, 72-year old Don Zimmer and drop him on his bulbous, metal encased head, I flashed back to that warm May afternoon in 1984 when the 53-year old Zimmer, then coaching third base for Jim Frey's NL Central Division Winning Cubs, was dropped to the Wrigley Field turf by an enraged Mario Soto of Cincinnati, causing Zim to swallow his chew and practically ralph.

Anybody remember that?

Quote from: The Meatball Savant on Monday, October 13th, 2003What is it with this guy (Zimmer) and hot-tempered Latin pitchers? It makes me wonder about the ethnicity of the pitcher, whoever he was, who beaned Zim as a young player, leaving him in a coma for a while and subsequently requiring him to wear the aforementioned metal in his head?

Hmmm. Don't know about you, but I'm just more than a little freaked out that both instances happened in seasons where the Cubs would go on to be one game from the pennant with three games to go. Gulp.

OK, let's get Carlos, wherever he goes, to incite a riot with an 80-plus year-old Zim during Spring Training. What could possibly go wrong?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1746 on: November 20, 2012, 11:04:29 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 20, 2012, 10:35:16 AM

Though I was stoked, I was still annoyed at having to listen to the game on the radio the day before (one of the very few times a game was entirely blacked out) wherein the Cubs blew a late lead, handing the win to John Franco.

I was at that game and not-quite-9-year-old T.J. Brown wanted Larry Bowa executed by firing squad along with the marketing mavens from Midas, as Bowa was given the Midas Touch Player of the Game during the 7th inning, as was customary at the time. He then proceeded to boot 796 ground balls in the 7th or 8th inning.

Larry Bowa was manager of the Padres when he sent Eric Show to the hill to attempt the assassination of Andre Dawson. He also was manager of the Phillies when he picked a fight with Scott Rolen, causing Rolen to be traded to the Cardinals for Placido Polanco.

Fuck Larry Bowa.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1747 on: November 20, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »

Anybody remember that?

Man, I loved that blog.  I wonder whatever happened to it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1748 on: November 20, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 20, 2012, 11:05:48 AM

Anybody remember that?

Man, I loved that blog.  I wonder whatever happened to it.

Meh.  Once you'd read both the posts, it ran out of steam pretty quickly.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1749 on: November 21, 2012, 12:56:09 AM »
Yah, I suppose the kids are still alright. In Natick, or something.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1750 on: November 26, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »
I can't believe this is the first time I've actually watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wcrkxOgzhU

I wonder if this guy ever tried saying this shit to Louis Armstrong's face, too.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1751 on: November 26, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 26, 2012, 07:00:35 PM

I wonder if this guy ever tried saying this shit to Louis Armstrong's face, too.

Them is fighting words.  No jury would convict Aldrin.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1752 on: November 26, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 26, 2012, 09:30:08 PM

Them is fighting words.  No jury would convict Aldrin.

And no cop would prosecute...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2272321.stm

QuoteBeverly Hills police investigated the incident, which occurred 9 September, but said that the charges were dropped after witnesses came forward to say that Mr Sibrel had aggressively poked Mr Aldrin with the Bible before he was punched.

Full video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptn5RE2I-k
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1753 on: November 27, 2012, 08:11:27 AM »

He'd probably be afraid of getting hit with a trumpet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1754 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LnJskwydvM

One of the best ads ever.  I wonder what has become of that girl?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)