News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Phil Rogers Curse?  ( 29,950 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Phil Rogers Curse?
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2009, 03:06:17 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 29, 2009, 02:44:58 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 29, 2009, 01:58:34 PM
Jump on my Twins BandWGN!  LOLZ!

I've started to wear my Twins hat again.  Maybe I'll buy a Mauer jersey just in time to be a bandwagon fan when he's swinging for .400 this season.

I'm sure your brother can hook you up

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »
Anyone else on the Nationals bandwagon? They're due.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »
Quote from: Jon on June 29, 2009, 03:08:04 PM

I'm on my fantasy team's bandwagon: Here Comes Old Vodka Tits. We're in second place.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »
Quote from: Slak on June 29, 2009, 12:17:47 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on June 29, 2009, 12:14:05 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 29, 2009, 10:45:00 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on June 29, 2009, 10:42:06 AM
This is the kind of shit that makes me want to make like a JD and hop aboard the Royals bandwagon.

Don't do it.  I dabbled for about two weeks earlier this year and it sucked more than every Cub disappointment of my lifetime rolled into one.

The way I look at it, it's basically a wash except for two variables.

1. Money - The Cubs have a lot. The Royals have very little.
2. Fans - The Cubs have a lot. The Royals have very few.

So, it's a lateral move.

Yeah, and you have to play the White Sox more than six times. Gross.

Ah, but you only play the Cardinals six times.

Again, lateral move.

I follow the Royals, too.  I blame the Army for sending me to Kansas.  Watching the Royals was the only thing there is to do there.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »

I've started to wear my Twins hat again.  Maybe I'll buy a Mauer jersey just in time to be a bandwagon fan when he's swinging for .400 this season.

This. I met Mauer in April and he's coolest player I've been around, if you didn't know who he was you'd have no idea he's worth millions. And uh he can play.  Wish he was a Cub. Sorry Cheechovany.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on June 29, 2009, 04:31:27 PM

This. I met Mauer in April and he's coolest player I've been around, if you didn't know who he was you'd have no idea he's worth millions. And uh he can play.  Wish he was a Cub. Sorry Cheechovany.

Awesome.
Hire Jim Essian!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2009, 04:43:47 PM »
Quote from: Jon on June 29, 2009, 03:08:04 PM

They're going to win the 2013 World Series behind Strasburg, Harper and ... uhhh ... some other dudes.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »
Wouldn't Mauer be a Cub if not for the Twins feeling Mark Prior would be too expensive to sign?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on June 29, 2009, 04:45:52 PM
Wouldn't Mauer be a Cub if not for the Twins feeling Mark Prior would be too expensive to sign?

I think it's a stretch to assume the Cubs would not have screwed the pick up if the Twins had taken Prior.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 29, 2009, 04:50:27 PM

I think it's a stretch to assume the Cubs would not have screwed the pick up if the Twins had taken Prior.

No, they would have picked him and ruined him LIKE THEY DO TO EVERY OTHER PROSPECT!!!
Hire Jim Essian!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »

Nope.

If the Twins drafted and tried to sign Prior, the Cubs would have drafted Teixera.  Mauer only went to the Twins because he was from St. Paul and they figured they could sign him.  IIRC he did not project to be a Top 10 pick; at the very least, there was nobody who had him ranked ahead of Prior and Teixera, who were easily the 1-2 (2-1) of the draft.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 29, 2009, 04:54:45 PM

Nope.

If the Twins drafted and tried to sign Prior, the Cubs would have drafted Teixera.  Mauer only went to the Twins because he was from St. Paul and they figured they could sign him.  IIRC he did not project to be a Top 10 pick; at the very least, there was nobody who had him ranked ahead of Prior and Teixera, who were easily the 1-2 (2-1) of the draft.

Is that supposed to make us feel better or worse?
Hire Jim Essian!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 29, 2009, 04:57:28 PM

Nope.

I don't know.

At first glace, worse, as Teixera is a quality ballplayer and Mark Prior is as likely to pitch in a  big league game this season as I am.

On the other hand, Prior did lead the Cubs to the brink of a pennant.  Of course, had he not been here, we probably would at least have been spared the eventual cock-tease and agony of Game 6.

Also, had the Cubs drafted Teixera, we would not have acquired Ramirez, and I think it's safe to say that Ramirez is a better player.

So what I'm saying is, I have no fucking idea if this is supposed to make you feel better or worse.  Just wanted to clear up the incorrect assumption that the Cubs would have taken Mauer had signability not been an issue for Minnesota.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 29, 2009, 05:02:17 PM

Nope.

I don't know.

At first glace, worse, as Teixera is a quality ballplayer and Mark Prior is as likely to pitch in a  big league game this season as I am.

On the other hand, Prior did lead the Cubs to the brink of a pennant.  Of course, had he not been here, we probably would at least have been spared the eventual cock-tease and agony of Game 6.

Also, had the Cubs drafted Teixera, we would not have acquired Ramirez, and I think it's safe to say that Ramirez is a better player.

So what I'm saying is, I have no fucking idea if this is supposed to make you feel better or worse.  Just wanted to clear up the incorrect assumption that the Cubs would have taken Mauer had signability not been an issue for Minnesota.

I don't feel better.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2009, 05:21:13 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 29, 2009, 05:02:17 PM

Nope.

I don't know.

I hadn't heard that about Teixera before.  Interesting.