News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Skyfall  ( 6,689 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Skyfall
« on: November 11, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
When Daniel Craig was hired to do the Bond series you knew that there were going to be some changes.  I suppose that he could have done the silly smirkiness that Pierce Brosnan brought to the character.  He couldn't do the puffy, I'm just in it for laughs, that Roger Moore did.  He is close to the  Sean Connery, man's man, interpretation.  (I don't even remember some of those guys, but many people swear by them.)  Craig's Bond is almost, but not quite humorless.  But he doesn't make fun of the franchise like most of the others.  Those movies were burlesques of action and violence.  This movie makes violence ugly, bloody and painful, as it really is.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, is susceptible to harm in this movie.  The professional reviewers compare this movie to the most recent Dark Knight movies.  It is very similar.  "Dark" is a good adjective.  MI6 headquarters is destroyed by a bombing and the agency moves into a grubby, dirty bunker.  The glitz of the Bond movies went with it.  There are many homages to the Connery era.  You won't have to look for them.  Frankly, I didn't like any of the Bond movies after Connery moved on.  I like this version.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Skyfall
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 11, 2012, 05:23:44 PM
The professional reviewers compare this movie to the most recent Dark Knight movies.  It is very similar.

Hell, the second act was a virtual replay of The Dark Knight.  I saw it with two friends last night.  I liked it.  They hated it.  I see why they hated it.  I don't agree, but it clearly has flaws.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 01:53:38 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 11, 2012, 11:11:49 PM
The professional reviewers compare this movie to the most recent Dark Knight movies.  It is very similar.

Hell, the second act was a virtual replay of The Dark Knight.  I saw it with two friends last night.  I liked it.  They hated it.  I see why they hated it.  I don't agree, but it clearly has flaws.

I don't see why they hated it.  Why did they hate it?  Anybody who hated this film and liked any of the Moore/Dalton/Brosnan Bonds is a fucking cretin - FACT.

What were the flaws?  This was, for me, far and away the most credible Bond film ever.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 12, 2012, 01:53:38 AM

I don't see why they hated it.  Why did they hate it?  Anybody who hated this film and liked any of the Moore/Dalton/Brosnan Bonds is a fucking cretin - FACT.

What were the flaws?  This was, for me, far and away the most credible Bond film ever.

The Daniel Craig Bond is as faithful (if not more so) to the Ian Fleming version of Bond as Connery's Bond was. The humor was dry and very intermittent. But mainly, Bond is a badass. Once George Lazenby cried, that was pretty much the end of that until Craig came along.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 12, 2012, 01:53:38 AM

I'm with you that it was the most credible.  Loved the backstory and the ending that brings it all back to the beginning.

They felt it was slow after the opening sequence and that the plot was just Goldeneye (ex-agent revenge!) with less action and very few boobs.  I don't get caught up in Bond plots because, well, it's Bond.

I was disappointed that they recycled Dark Knight so much. That was the worst part in my book.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »
SPOILER ALERT

Skyfall is Rosebud.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »
Now I really want to see this.

Also, I want Fassbender to be the next Bond.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 06:49:04 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?