News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant  ( 754 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Kris Bryant
« on: January 29, 2020, 12:56:45 PM »
Bryant lost his grievance.  He contended that he was entitled to a full year as his rookie season but the arbitrator disagreed, holding that he was one day short.  Thus he is Cubs' property until the end of the 2021 season.  As a Cub fan I should be happy.  But Bryant has only one career and he should be entitled to earn market value. 
On second thought, what am I thinking?  He is, and will always be, a millionaire.  How much money can one person spend in a lifetime?  If he has heirs what did they do to inherit millions, other than to be fortunate enough to be fathered by a great athlete?
Screw capitalism!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 09:05:38 AM »
I'm sure that if the Cubs don't pay Bryant market value once he's a free agent, they'll pass the savings along to the fans, right?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 12:40:49 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 30, 2020, 09:05:38 AM
I'm sure that if the Cubs don't pay Bryant market value once he's a free agent, they'll pass the savings along to the fans, right?
The Ricketts make me want to be a Deadbird fan.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)