News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,426 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #2221 on: February 09, 2016, 02:06:21 PM »
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2222 on: February 09, 2016, 02:06:57 PM »
QuoteAs you know, there were many times I doubted Theo Epstein's plan. Clearly, the plan worked, and I couldn't be happier for the Cubs and their future in 2016 and beyond. I was wrong. And that statement is unconditional. I will not try to wrap it in a "I was skeptical" blanket; I was just wrong. Period, no qualifiers.

Literally the next paragraph:

QuoteChalk that up to many years of frustration of seeing losing; I'm surely not the only one who felt that way. But I couldn't see past the old ways of doing things. Baseball front-office practices were changing in the early 2010s, and I certainly see that now. I didn't see it then. You were all right; I was wrong.

Classic Al. Who you crappin?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2223 on: February 09, 2016, 02:07:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 09, 2016, 02:06:21 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 09, 2016, 01:55:28 PM
Al realizes he was wrong to doubt Theo and take sides, and he's sorry for banning anyone who disagreed with his wrong and bad opinions. You're welcome to come back, but first you have to apologize to Al for being banned. What's that? Al's the one who was wrong so why should you apologize? That's a personal attack. Al's sorry, but you're still banned. Now go away.

Also, if Al lets you back in, you are not allowed to actually bring up or remind Al that he was dead wrong about Theo the next time he acts like a dictator and bans all dissenting views after he states a stupid opinion. He's not interested in rehashing old arguments.

He found a Mini Al to be his moderator. Just look at the comments where he says the banned commenters haven't "met the conditions" to come back. What a site. What a time to be alive.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2224 on: February 09, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 09, 2016, 02:07:56 PM
Al realizes he was wrong to doubt Theo and take sides, and he's sorry for banning anyone who disagreed with his wrong and bad opinions. You're welcome to come back, but first you have to apologize to Al for being banned. What's that? Al's the one who was wrong so why should you apologize? That's a personal attack. Al's sorry, but you're still banned. Now go away.

Also, if Al lets you back in, you are not allowed to actually bring up or remind Al that he was dead wrong about Theo the next time he acts like a dictator and bans all dissenting views after he states a stupid opinion. He's not interested in rehashing old arguments.

He found a Mini Al to be his moderator. Just look at the comments where he says the banned commenters haven't "met the conditions" to come back. What a site. What a time to be alive.

Nice to know BP Wrigleyville hasn't hit "worst Cub site on the Web" status just yet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2225 on: February 09, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 09, 2016, 02:10:18 PM

Nice to know BP Wrigleyville hasn't hit "worst Cub site on the Web" status just yet.

It's a different kind of worst, but formidable.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2226 on: February 09, 2016, 02:44:40 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 09, 2016, 02:35:52 PM

BP still has bad ideas, just fewer semi-colons and run on sentences, in my opinion, which, if you don't like it, i have others.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2227 on: February 09, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 09, 2016, 02:44:40 PM

BP still has bad ideas, just fewer semi-colons and run on sentences, in my opinion, which, if you don't like it, i have others.

They haven't banned anybody yet, have they?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2228 on: February 09, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 09, 2016, 03:18:00 PM

They're desperate for approval.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2229 on: February 10, 2016, 02:10:59 PM »

Would you like them better if they did? Because if you'd like them better for banning people, I'm sure they'll figure something out.
M'lady.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2230 on: February 11, 2016, 08:21:33 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on February 10, 2016, 02:10:59 PM

Would you like them better if they did? Because if you'd like them better for banning people, I'm sure they'll figure something out.

I've banned myself because the writing isn't worth reading and it's not even bad in a funny way. It's bad in a headache way.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2231 on: February 23, 2016, 03:57:45 AM »
Al sure can read people.

QuoteI spent a few minutes speaking to Maddon. The man is just amazingly impressive. He doesn't measure his words, but he knows exactly what he wants to say about any particular situation, and seems to understand why he's being asked specific questions.

What?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2232 on: February 23, 2016, 08:12:03 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 23, 2016, 03:57:45 AM
Al sure can read people.

QuoteI spent a few minutes speaking to Maddon. The man is just amazingly impressive. He doesn't measure his words, but he knows exactly what he wants to say about any particular situation, and seems to understand why he's being asked specific questions.

What?

That means whatever Maddon said, he dumbed it down for Alvin.
TIME TO POST!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2233 on: February 23, 2016, 10:12:49 AM »
Al sure can read people.

What?

But why are you punishing yourself by going over there and reading that?
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2234 on: February 23, 2016, 10:22:03 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on February 23, 2016, 10:12:49 AM
Al sure can read people.

What?

But why are you punishing yourself by going over there and reading that?

I've been asking that question to members of this community for over 10 years now. Wow, 10 years. It sounds crazy when you say it like that. The answer is apparently that they enjoy making fun of Al. To each his own, I guess.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.