News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: PenisWrong's Humblebrag Thread  ( 14,541 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: PenisWrong's Humblebrag Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 08:54:36 AM »
Fuck sake you guys have a clear lack of understanding about what a humblebrag is.

Not like this:
I played golf with Mike Tisdale yesterday.

Like this:
I bogey'd the last four holes of my round yesterday at Cog Hill, which caused my playing partner, Illini great Mike Tisdale to have a hard belly laugh at my expense. In the clubhouse afterward, while I was blowing him...
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 09:01:26 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 01, 2015, 08:54:36 AM
Fuck sake you guys have a clear lack of understanding about what a humblebrag is.

Not like this:

Like this:
I bogey'd the last four holes of my round yesterday at Cog Hill, which caused my playing partner, Illini great Mike Tisdale to have a hard belly laugh at my expense. In the clubhouse afterward, while I was blowing him...

Apex is right.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 09:13:03 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2015, 09:01:26 AM

Not like this:

Like this:

Apex is right.

My bad. Though, if I bogey'd the last four holes of Cog Hill, I'd be ecstatic

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 09:14:50 AM »

Not like this:

Like this:

I played on a park district basketball team during my freshman year in high school that was so bad that in our first game we actually lost 112-26 (or something like that, they definitely went over the century mark).  The referee, a former All-State hoopster in Illinois who was home from college by the name of Dave Otto tried giving us every call in the second half but there was no way we were going to make the score respectable.

(Is that better?)
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 01, 2015, 09:14:50 AM

Not like this:

Like this:

I played on a park district basketball team during my freshman year in high school that was so bad that in our first game we actually lost 112-26 (or something like that, they definitely went over the century mark).  The referee, a former All-State hoopster in Illinois who was home from college by the name of Dave Otto tried giving us every call in the second half but there was no way we were going to make the score respectable.

(Is that better?)

A little bit. It's actually a decent story and not really bragging. Depending on how you feel about Dave Otto (I like him) it could go in the I admit it thread without issue.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 09:18:59 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 01, 2015, 09:16:56 AM

Not like this:

Like this:

(Is that better?)

It's actually a decent story and not really bragging.

Okay we're only on Page 2.  New threads are a rarity around here.  I'm committed to making this a Quality Thread by the time it reaches Page 4.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 09:22:44 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 01, 2015, 09:18:59 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on June 01, 2015, 09:16:56 AM

Not like this:

Like this:

(Is that better?)

It's actually a decent story and not really bragging.

Okay we're only on Page 2.  New threads are a rarity around here.  I'm committed to making this a Quality Thread by the time it reaches Page 4.

I recall a Chuck Story a few years past when he bemoaned the fact that he had to watch a partial birth abortion of a Cubs game in the centerfield lounge during a work day. He even threw the word "premium" liquor in there. I feel like he can help us here.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 09:25:39 AM »
My softball team is so bad, my solo home run, in which I had to do a perfect Dexter Fowler slide around the tag at home plate was the lone run we tallied against the damn Lemons.

Like so.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 09:38:34 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 01, 2015, 09:25:39 AM
My softball team is so bad, my solo home run, in which I had to do a perfect Dexter Fowler slide around the tag at home plate was the lone run we tallied against the damn Lemons.

Like so.

My softball team is so bad that the biggest bat in the lineup belongs to a fat 52 year old.

That'll do it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 09:48:17 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 01, 2015, 09:38:34 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on June 01, 2015, 09:25:39 AM

Like so.

My softball team is so bad that the biggest bat in the lineup belongs to a fat 52 year old.

That'll do it.

Golf clap.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 09:06:43 AM »
What about 552 followers, Pex? And what if one of them is apparently Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista, blue checkmark and all?

Seriously guys why the fuck does Jose Bautista follow me on twitter? Does he hate David Ross?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 05, 2015, 09:06:43 AM
What about 552 followers, Pex? And what if one of them is apparently Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista, blue checkmark and all?

Seriously guys why the fuck does Jose Bautista follow me on twitter? Does he hate David Ross?

He follows a million people. Don't get too excited.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 09:10:36 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 05, 2015, 09:08:43 AM

I'm not, I'm just legitimately baffled. I've never tweeted at or about him so I have no idea why he would have followed me even as part of a mass following spree. This isn't like being followed by THE Glendon Rusch, of which I am extremely proud.

Morrissey also follows me, Huey, but I think it's so he can favorite I every tweet I ever insult him with in an act of supreme trolling. It's patronizing and I hate him all the more for it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 05, 2015, 09:10:36 AM

I'm not, I'm just legitimately baffled. I've never tweeted at or about him so I have no idea why he would have followed me even as part of a mass following spree. This isn't like being followed by THE Glendon Rusch, of which I am extremely proud.

Morrissey also follows me, Huey, but I think it's so he can favorite I every tweet I ever insult him with in an act of supreme trolling. It's patronizing and I hate him all the more for it.

Morrissey follows all of us, I think. I never followed back. If I found out Telander followed me I'd straight up block his ass.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 05, 2015, 09:12:32 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 05, 2015, 09:10:36 AM

Morrissey follows all of us, I think. I never followed back. If I found out Telander followed me I'd straight up block his ass.

Morrissey is, I think, an actually amusing human being if you can just accept a troll. Unlike Telander and Wittenmyer he's self-aware, he knows he's doing it, and he laughs at the people who catch on. Ever since I realized that I don't even bother actually insulting him. He's in on the joke.