News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Things Cubbie Julie can spend $3500 on without making her bank suspicious  ( 31,972 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Things Cubbie Julie can spend $3500 on without making her bank suspicious
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 05:54:28 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 26, 2010, 05:20:21 PM
Back in Dec. somebody copied my debit card and lifted about two grand off it in two days.  I caught it before the bank, notified them, and had to wait about a week and a half for them to investigate the expenditure before they refunded me the cash.

A week and a half? I had my debit card lifted in Ezeiza airport, didn't notice for four days, and the idiots at my bank took more than three months to restore the funds. They kept insisting that I return to Argentina to obtain a police report.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 05:58:04 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 26, 2010, 05:54:28 PM
Back in Dec. somebody copied my debit card and lifted about two grand off it in two days.  I caught it before the bank, notified them, and had to wait about a week and a half for them to investigate the expenditure before they refunded me the cash.

A week and a half? I had my debit card lifted in Ezeiza airport, didn't notice for four days, and the idiots at my bank took more than three months to restore the funds. They kept insisting that I return to Argentina to obtain a police report.

You should have.  I hear the women down there are ... enticing.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 06:10:54 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 26, 2010, 05:58:04 PM

You should have.  I hear the women down there are ... enticing.

How do you think he had his debit card lifted to begin with?
M'lady.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 26, 2010, 06:10:54 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 26, 2010, 05:58:04 PM

You should have.  I hear the women down there are ... enticing.

How do you think he had his debit card lifted to begin with?

I would have guessed the Peruvian Torch and San Pedro.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 26, 2010, 05:27:31 PM
Naw, I just would've told you the story about how I had to take my wife to the emergency room last week and we were treated in a couple of hours, while her aunt is in Florida (with travel insurance) and had to go to the emergency room and was there for at least half a day.  

Then again, since when is Florida a good representation of the rest of the US?

Your aunt just isn't doing it right.  Emergency room visits work best when you're in urgent
need of care, say with blood pouring from your face.  You get bumped to the front of the
line and get to bleed on everything and they take good care of you.  If someone goes to the
emergency room for something that isn't an emergency, then they should rot on a bench.
If you have a real emergency, then a few hours doesn't mean a fucking thing and you're just
happy they treated you and you didn't die.

Unless you aunt died, in which case I still mean what I said but I offer my condolences and
suggest against going to Florida.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 07:53:16 PM »
I believe Congress should base its entire bill on these two anecdotes of one family's experiences. My God. How could we let it come to this? How could we let it get this bad? Shame on us all.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 08:38:07 PM »
Quote from: Pre on January 26, 2010, 07:38:29 PM
Naw, I just would've told you the story about how I had to take my wife to the emergency room last week and we were treated in a couple of hours, while her aunt is in Florida (with travel insurance) and had to go to the emergency room and was there for at least half a day.  

Your aunt just isn't doing it right.  Emergency room visits work best when you're in urgent
need of care, say with blood pouring from your face.  You get bumped to the front of the
line and get to bleed on everything and they take good care of you.  If someone goes to the
emergency room for something that isn't an emergency, then they should rot on a bench.
If you have a real emergency, then a few hours doesn't mean a fucking thing and you're just

Unless you aunt died, in which case I still mean what I said but I offer my condolences and

You make a valid point.  She was only vomiting until it gave her seizures, which comparatively is inconsequential to the sort of shit that Florida deals with on an hourly basis. 
M'lady.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 08:45:05 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 26, 2010, 08:38:07 PM

You make a valid point.  She was only vomiting until it gave her seizures, which comparatively is inconsequential to the sort of shit that Florida deals with on an hourly basis. 

Well, I'm no doctor.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 09:03:27 PM »
Quote from: JD on January 26, 2010, 08:45:05 PM

Well, I'm no doctor.

Not yet.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 09:06:53 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 26, 2010, 05:22:59 PM

Two grand.  Gone for more than a week.  And when they returned it to my checking account, I was reallyfuckinggrateful.  Guess I should have gotten PISSED and blogged about how much the bank -- and their apparently ridiculous policies designed to protect me -- sucks.  

I was about to make a joke about Canadian health care, but then I realized you'd probably go batshit crazy and decided not to.

I hereby nominate Kurt Evans for the Hall of Fame of Interweb Contributors Who Are Able to Quickly Make Every Thread They Post in About Them.

I think you're a shoe-in for the first ballot, hoss.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »

Coulda been worse. Your aunt could have wound up at Michelle Obama's sinecure test facility:

QuoteAccording to news reports, a 78-year-old man was brought to the emergency room by ambulance about 12:30 PM. He was put into a wheelchair in the waiting room, but was neither triaged nor logged in. At 4:15 PM, the patient's daughter wheeled the patient to the triage nurse to ask about the delay. The triage nurse noted that the man wasn't breathing and called a code, even though rigor mortis had already set in.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
Quote from: Jon on January 26, 2010, 09:03:27 PM
Quote from: JD on January 26, 2010, 08:45:05 PM

Well, I'm no doctor.

Not yet.

Don't you jinx me, JOn.

And where'd BGP go?  I went to post something yesteryear and it'd up and disappeared.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
How about "flour"?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 09:21:28 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on January 26, 2010, 07:53:16 PM
I believe Congress should base its entire bill on these two anecdotes of one family's experiences. My God. How could we let it come to this? How could we let it get this bad? Shame on us all.

I totally agree with you.  Only isn't that what conservatives are doing whenever they example a failure of the Canadian health care system?  They trumpet anecdotes about facility-deprived Cannucks who had to be emergencied into US hospitals or risk death.  Seems to me that reality is probably somewhere between the two extremes.  Like with Julie -- is her bank really a faceless corporation with no care or concern for her lost money, or is she acting in a childish, petulant manner because Chase isn't the McDonald's of the banking world (your way, right away)?  Probably a little bit of both.
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 09:25:02 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 26, 2010, 09:06:53 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 26, 2010, 05:22:59 PM

Two grand.  Gone for more than a week.  And when they returned it to my checking account, I was reallyfuckinggrateful.  Guess I should have gotten PISSED and blogged about how much the bank -- and their apparently ridiculous policies designed to protect me -- sucks.  

I was about to make a joke about Canadian health care, but then I realized you'd probably go batshit crazy and decided not to.

I hereby nominate Kurt Evans for the Hall of Fame of Interweb Contributors Who Are Able to Quickly Make Every Thread They Post in About Them.

I think you're a shoe-in for the first ballot, hoss.

You nominate, you think, can't you think for one second about poor Julie who's going to have to avert starvation by scrounging the cupboards for old packages of raman and expired cat food until she receives her next paycheck?  Christ on a bike!
M'lady.