News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jersey Boys  ( 1,721 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Jersey Boys
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:54:08 PM »
Clint Eastwood directed this quirky movie about pop icons from an earlier era.  You are aware of the director's touch because the characters step out of character throughout the movie to talk to the audience to explain their motivation.  There is no doubt that the Four Seasons were significant players in pop music, so it came as an eye opener that theirs was hard work and not necessarily well compensated, especially since they had to share more than four ways, with various professionals.  Their careers were also subject to the whims of others.  A lesser part of the group could separate without hurting the sound, but Frankie Valli and Bob Gaudio were the talent that was the group.  The movie also underscored the importance of Bob Crew who wrote a lot of the music that pops into your head when you think "Four Seasons".  In all it was a pleasant two hours of reminiscing. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)