News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Peter King's MMQB  ( 67,098 )

forkserker

Re: Peter King's MMQB
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »
Quote from: Huey on January 22, 2007, 10:02:01 AM
Quote from: Apex. on January 22, 2007, 09:55:29 AM
Quote5. New Orleans (11-7). All week, Sean Payton told his team how important it was to not fumble and to play field-position football. You can talk about all the factors you want in the Bears' victory, but for my money, it's the three lost fumbles. Really not smart.

That's what generally happens to teams who get punched in their stupid face.

Seriously.  All 3 fumbles were forced.  It wasn' like they just put the ball on the turf.  

He's a maroon, but I'm loving all the Bears Hate.  f@#$ these guys sideways with a goalpost.

That's championship-caliber hate. Outstanding work.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2007, 05:03:27 PM »
Peter King was crying like a baby when he wrote this(and I'm guessing Marinelli teared up when he said it):

QuoteSo as someone who probably knows both men better than anyone in the world, Marinelli was asked the other day: "Who wins this game?'' His great answer: "The winner will be the sport of football. The game of football wins. Every young man playing football in the United States, any coach coaching football in the United States at any level ... they all should watch this game and see the class of the two coaches and the class of these two teams. This is going to be one of the great days for football, and I love football so much I hope every kid who plays this sport watches the game, just to see how great a game it is when it's done right.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/01/28/mmqb/1.html

So, yeah, that was all I could read.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2007, 05:20:37 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on January 29, 2007, 05:03:27 PM

Then you missed this part:

QuoteThe second thing Romo told me was about the muffed hold. He was vague and a little foggy -- maybe on purpose, I figure. It looked to me, and to a lot of people, that the ball was as shiny as a piece of glare ice. Maybe, just maybe, the ballboy on the sideline had been saving the most slippery of the 12 balls in his K-ball stash (different balls are used for all special-teams plays than for plays from scrimmage) for a crucial kick for the visitors, such as this one.

Which reminds me of this post: http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/01/if-i-see-tony-romo-im-gonna-give-him.html

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2007, 05:29:12 PM »
Quote from: EG on January 29, 2007, 05:20:37 PM
Quote from: JD, Too on January 29, 2007, 05:03:27 PM

Then you missed this part:

QuoteThe second thing Romo told me was about the muffed hold. He was vague and a little foggy -- maybe on purpose, I figure. It looked to me, and to a lot of people, that the ball was as shiny as a piece of glare ice. Maybe, just maybe, the ballboy on the sideline had been saving the most slippery of the 12 balls in his K-ball stash (different balls are used for all special-teams plays than for plays from scrimmage) for a crucial kick for the visitors, such as this one.

Which reminds me of this post: http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/01/if-i-see-tony-romo-im-gonna-give-him.html

I did miss that part.  Peter King blames the ballboy for Tony Romo getting nervous.  I can't think of anything to say about that.  It speaks for itself.  Someone should write a letter to him for that.

The Kiss Me, Suzy article was HILARIOUS.  And way too graphic.  But, still, HILARIOUS.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2007, 09:40:16 AM »
You also missed this part:

Quote4. Chicago (15-3). Bring it on, e-mailers. I can't wait. Get it all out of your system now, because I do not think on a neutral field the Bears are better than the Patriots or Chargers.

Well, on the Patriots' home field, the Patriots managed to crush the Bears... 17-13, with Rex throwing 3 INTs and fumbling once on the Patriots' 5-yard-line.  You don't think that changes on a neutral field, Peter?  You can remove your puckered lips from Bill Belichick's colon anytime now.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2007, 09:56:19 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 30, 2007, 09:40:16 AM
You also missed this part:

Quote4. Chicago (15-3). Bring it on, e-mailers. I can't wait. Get it all out of your system now, because I do not think on a neutral field the Bears are better than the Patriots or Chargers.[/quote]

Well, on the Patriots' home field, the Patriots managed to crush the Bears... 17-13, with Rex throwing 3 INTs and fumbling once on the Patriots' 5-yard-line.  You don't think that changes on a neutral field, Peter?  You can remove your puckered lips from Bill Belichick's colon anytime now.

I love that impossible-to-prove sentence.  Way to go out on a limb, tubby.  Nice how he doesn't even mention the Colts, you know, since there stands a possibility that he could be proven wrong.

Wow what a douche.

theoneandonlyjim

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2007, 10:07:01 AM »
Quote4. Chicago (15-3). Bring it on, e-mailers. I can't wait. Get it all out of your system now, because I do not think on a neutral field the Bears are better than the Patriots or Chargers.

I could maybe see the Chargers because our run defense has been suspect at times, but I see the Patriots as receiving accolades based on reputation similar to how Notre Dame has been accused.  They've been traditionally great in the last several years, and Tom Brady has carried the team this year, but I see them as having more flaws than the Bears.

That said, what's with his self-applause for being courteous on the airplane?  Way to inject yourself into the story, dipshit.
Too many late nights raising hell worked a little all too well...

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2007, 10:22:34 AM »
Quote from: theoneandonlyjim on January 30, 2007, 10:07:01 AM

I could maybe see the Chargers because our run defense has been suspect at times, but I see the Patriots as receiving accolades based on reputation similar to how Notre Dame has been accused.  They've been traditionally great in the last several years, and Tom Brady has carried the team this year, but I see them as having more flaws than the Bears.

That said, what's with his self-applause for being courteous on the airplane?  Way to inject yourself into the story, dipshit.

The woe-is-me-because-I-travel-the-country-to-watch-the-NFL-games-of-my-choice theme is evident throughout the season.

We get it. Security people at the airports are sometimes dolts, sometimes reasonable. TSA rules often make no sense. It's a pain in the ass to travel. Only you, Peter King, NFL expert (only surpassed by Dr. Z in NFL expertise), can tell me this (none of us have ever flown before here in the Midwest).

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2007, 10:27:12 AM »
Quote from: TJ on January 30, 2007, 10:22:34 AM
Quote from: theoneandonlyjim on January 30, 2007, 10:07:01 AM

The woe-is-me-because-I-travel-the-country-to-watch-the-NFL-games-of-my-choice theme is evident throughout the season.

We get it. Security people at the airports are sometimes dolts, sometimes reasonable. TSA rules often make no sense. It's a pain in the ass to travel. Only you, Peter King, NFL expert (only surpassed by Dr. Z in NFL expertise), can tell me this (none of us have ever flown before here in the Midwest).

Do we even HAVE an airport around here?
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2007, 10:29:05 AM »
This much is clear: reading Peter King is like listening to your senile, and possibly dead, grandfather ramble on about football. The guy has no idea what he's talking about and thinks he's writing one heartfelt essay after another. He's completely delusional. This is the last time I'll read anything Peter King writes.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2007, 10:37:56 AM »
Quote from: AC on January 30, 2007, 10:29:05 AM
This is the last time I'll read anything Peter King writes.

I don't believe you.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2007, 10:41:13 AM »
Quote from: EG on January 30, 2007, 10:37:56 AM
Quote from: AC on January 30, 2007, 10:29:05 AM
This is the last time I'll read anything Peter King writes.

I don't believe you.Hear me now and believe me later

Joniak Jong Illed

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2007, 03:13:53 PM »
Yeah, I still peruse King's crap.  Here's a saucy nugget.  No link because you all know where to find him.

QuoteI love how Favre announced he was coming back on the Friday of Super Bowl week, and told the local paper in town. That is so classic Favre. He picked the time where the world would be most focused on something else, so he could get the minimum amount of attention. Beautiful.

Is Farvarah not the same guy that, last offseason, basically held up the Packers from doing anything significant because they were waiting on word whether he'd be back?  And didn't he have press conferences where he'd announce that he still hadn't made a decision? 

Oh, and by the way:

QuoteTom Brady and O.J. Simpson shared the same South Beach restaurant, but not the same table, Friday night.

forkserker

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2007, 03:18:11 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on February 05, 2007, 03:13:53 PM
Yeah, I still peruse King's crap.  Here's a saucy nugget.  No link because you all know where to find him.

QuoteI love how Favre announced he was coming back on the Friday of Super Bowl week, and told the local paper in town. That is so classic Favre. He picked the time where the world would be most focused on something else, so he could get the minimum amount of attention. Beautiful.

Is Farvarah not the same guy that, last offseason, basically held up the Packers from doing anything significant because they were waiting on word whether he'd be back?  And didn't he have press conferences where he'd announce that he still hadn't made a decision? 

Oh, and by the way:

QuoteTom Brady and O.J. Simpson shared the same South Beach restaurant, but not the same table, Friday night.

Brady must have been with a brunette, since he got out alive.

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2007, 03:23:09 PM »
Quote from: forkserker on February 05, 2007, 03:18:11 PM
Quote from: JD, Too on February 05, 2007, 03:13:53 PM

Oh, and by the way:

Brady must have been with a brunette, since he got out alive.

There's no mention of the waiter...
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?